What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: Former Buff player Jennifer Roulier-Huth new UNCo HC

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

A standout player for Colorado from 1998-02, Roulier-Huth was a three-time All-Big 12 Conference selection and helped guide the Buffaloes to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in her senior season. She finished her career among the all-time top 10 at CU in career scoring with 1,399 points, three-point shots with 203 and three-point shooting percentage at .407. http://uclabruins.com/sports/2013/4/17/208206334.aspx

A standout player for Colorado from 1998-02, Roulier-Huth was a three-time All-Big 12 Conference selection and helped guide the Buffaloes to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in her senior season. She finished her career among the all-time top 10 at CU in career scoring with 1,399 points, three-point shots with 203 and three-point shooting percentage at .407. http://uclabruins.com/sports/2013/4/17/208206334.aspx

She was a friend of mine in HS.

Rou was a great Buff. Happy to see her back in Colorado. Wish her all the best at UNC. Your mom is watching from above with a big smile, Jenny.

Best of luck, she is inheriting an ugly situation.

In challenge exist opportunity.

Or something like that.

Most of their problems are on the men's side of the basketball program, I have found nothing that indicates that sanctions extend to the women's program. Could be wrong though since reporting on smaller schools is often lacking.

This coming off a year which they won the Big Sky and gave Michigan at tough game in the NCAA tourney and have a decent core of players coming back.

Love to see a Buff get a shot at getting into coaching and the UNC program is one that could be a solid stepping stone to a bigger program.

Also glad to see a woman get a shot at the job. It bothers me that despite over 25 years of Title IX with that many years of hard working intelligent young women playing and learning the game it seems that more women's jobs are going to men, not less.

The players deserve the best coach available but I find it hard to believe that it is getting harder to find qualified candidates for that best coach to be a woman.

Or something like that.

Most of their problems are on the men's side of the basketball program, I have found nothing that indicates that sanctions extend to the women's program. Could be wrong though since reporting on smaller schools is often lacking.

This coming off a year which they won the Big Sky and gave Michigan at tough game in the NCAA tourney and have a decent core of players coming back.

Love to see a Buff get a shot at getting into coaching and the UNC program is one that could be a solid stepping stone to a bigger program.

Also glad to see a woman get a shot at the job. It bothers me that despite over 25 years of Title IX with that many years of hard working intelligent young women playing and learning the game it seems that more women's jobs are going to men, not less.

The players deserve the best coach available but I find it hard to believe that it is getting harder to find qualified candidates for that best coach to be a woman.
Women's side is a massive internal mess. Potentially civil legal activities.

Women's side is a massive internal mess. Potentially civil legal activities.

Not good to hear.

And since they are not a big TV program the NCAA will probably just give them North Carolina's penalties as well.

Let's hope though that the school is on the way to cleaning up the mess and that Coach Roulier-Huth can get them back onto solid ground and advance her career.

Or something like that.

Same and it seems to get worse every year.

Previous coach at Northern Colorado was Kamie Ethridge. She was hired by Washington State a few weeks ago.

From her WSU bio:
Kamie Ethridge was named the head coach of WSU women's basketball on April 15, 2018. She arrived in Pullman following four seasons as the head coach at the University of Northern Colorado, where she posted a combined 83 victories and led the Bears to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in her final season.

In four seasons at Northern Colorado (2014-18), Etheridge posted three 20-plus win seasons during that time, including a school-record 26 wins en route to being named the Big Sky Coach of the Year in 2018. She led UNC to a then-school record 22 wins in her first season before topping that mark in 2018. In addition, she guided the Bears to two postseason appearances in her four years.

http://wsucougars.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1677&path=wbball

If she had done something egregious at UNC you'd think that WSU would have heard about it.

I am here to tell you that there are no legal issues with the Women's program at UNC. If you are spreading that rumor and lie then you should speak to something that you know. I am part of the program and that is a lie...if she was having legal issues, Kamie would not have been hired by a Pac12 program. Stop spreading rumors. UNC Women's Basketball won the Big Sky this last season and has some solid players to build on...

I am here to tell you that there are no legal issues with the Women's program at UNC. If you are spreading that rumor and lie then you should speak to something that you know. I am part of the program and that is a lie...if she was having legal issues, Kamie would not have been hired by a Pac12 program. Stop spreading rumors. UNC Women's Basketball won the Big Sky this last season and has some solid players to build on...

Yes, Kamie Ethridge and her staff got the UNC program functioning at a high level, and got themselves back into the bigs. I think some of the folks here are confusing the UNC womens program confused with the UNC mens'. Best of luck up there. Jenny R should do well.

Back