What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB starts Pac 12 tourney against WSU in Seattle (7:00)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Last edited:
Nice start- keep it up Buffs!

(2 CU starters (Smith sand Ellis) with 2 fouls already.)

Disastrous 2nd quarter so far- 0-18 run since late 1st qtr. before the Buffs finally get a bucket. Robinson also picked up her 2nd foul early in the 2nd qtr., so the Buffs are having to play with a less experienced group together. Buffs now gambling, as they put Smith and Ellis back in with a little over 2 minutes left.

Cougars take a 37-33 lead into half-time after they drop in a buzzer-beating 3 pointer.

Buffs have stabilized and are still down by 4, which is actually impressive since I believe WSU is 5-5 from 3 including the last second shot at the end of the 2nd quarter. 5:38 left in the 3rd.

58-65 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

In addition to 3's, where WSU is 10-16 (thankfully the Buffs are 8-13 themselves), offensive rebounds are KILLING the Buffs, as wsu holds a 15-3 edge, leading to a 0-19 2nd chance point stat.

71-76 as the Buffs call a timeout (assume to organize their press defense) after Robinson makes the 1st Buff bucket (a 3) in MANY minutes. 1:58 left. (Buffs had missed 9 in a row before that 3.)

74-77 after a Smith 3, and Buffs call another timeout to organize the D with 1:05 remaining.

Tough shooting night for Leonard, but she makes a huge steal. 25 seconds left as Buffs take their final timeout.

Leonard fouled going to the hoop. Makes 1st freethrow to lower deficit to 2 points. TO WSU with 17 seconds left and Leonard still on the line for one more.

Robinson fouls out. WSU makes both free throws. Leonard gets a layup AND a foul. She's hurt on the play, however. Trainers out looking at Leonard's elbow. Burich taking the free throw for the tie.

Burich misses the free throw. Smith gets the rebound, Buff possession arrow on a jump ball called. Freeman misses the last second shot. WSU gets a 78-79 win.

Sounds like the Buffs gave a great fight. Hope the WNIT looks favorably on them.

A couple other notes-
1) I lost the stream for a couple minutes, so they may have said something, but from the part of the post-game I listened to of the radio broadcast, didn't hear any injury update on Ms. Leonard. Obviously, hoping it's something minor.

2) Per the announcers, the WNIT field isn't being announced until March 13th.

Last edited:
2) Per the announcers, the WNIT field isn't being announced until March 13th.
Correct. The NCAA field for the women will be announced on March 13 ("Selection Monday") then, usually a few hours later, the WNIT field is announced. The automatic selection for each conference is the highest team in the conference standings NOT selected for the NCAA. Then there are 32 at large teams also selected. The at-large teams must have a season record (including conference tourney) of .500 or better. Buffs meet that criteria and so are eligible for an invite. Sure hope they get to play more and I hope for home game too so I can have at least one more chance to cheer for this team. They have played so hard this season.

Regardless of whether this teams gets an WNIT invite or not, you have to give it up to the players and the coaches this year. This teams fights from about 5 minutes before tip off until about 5 minutes after the final horn and definitely has earned respect and admiration.

Game showed the same weaknesses that the team has had all season and that is the lack of post players. The in turn contributes to the lack of rebounds and second chance points. Need to shoot free throws better.

Still, I love my Buffs and hope they make the WNIT

I never expected the team to go from where it was last season to winning the Pac-12 with pretty much the same team. This team didn't have a player the quality of Jamee Swan and it showed in many games. I do think the class of 17 will help, as will the class of 18, etc. Coaching staff has to be given time to build the program.

True on the team never quitting. Some games they seemed not to be as with it as others, but they never quit. Not a single player.

Back