What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 6 (Dec 13-19) Games Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Monday's games were garbage, so I didn't bother with a new thread yesterday.

Tuesday's not much better, but we do have a potentially good one with #6 Alabama at Memphis (7pm, ESPN).

Duquesne with a nice 22-point win over UC Irvine. Would help our resume if the Dukes have turned a corner and make some noise in the A10.

the last VT basketball game I saw in Blacksburg was in 2010 vs Maryland.

there was some issue with the plumbing at Cassell Coliseum, and the game was initially delayed by two hours. I went with my brother and his (at the time) 3.5yo son.

The game started two hours late, with the water still not working in the arena. All the bathrooms were taped off and concessions only sold bottled drinks. The university opened the ground floors on two nearby academic buildings for basketball fans to use the toilets.

Everything went fine through regulation, and all three of us were able to hold our bladders. Then, during overtime, my nephew indicated he needed to pee. Made it to the end of OT, and the game was still tied. Now, trying to get a 3yo to hold his bladder longer than he's comfortable usually isn't smart, so the three of us make a dash at the end of OT1, planning to run next door. We make it outside, and see four adults standing on the concrete stair railing, facing away from us and the road, pissing onto the lawn. We decided that's a reasonable compromise for the kid as well. Fortunately, shy bladder syndrome isn't a thing in our family. Made it back inside for tip of the next period.

Tech lost in 2OT.

of course, that game had lights. tough to play basketball in the dark.

I love how Jeff Goodman is becoming a Hurley apologist. He's still been able to recruit top flight recruits to Tempe in spite of the facilities. I'd say ASU needs a coaching upgrade as much of a facility one at this point. If you can't win with Bagley, Christopher, and Remy. Taeshon Cherry, Romelo White, Kimani Lawrence all top 100 guys you can't coach! Imagine if Tad had a team with 6 top 100 guys.

Reactions: '99
Back