What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I gave it a B . Like i stated earlier, size, speed and length in this class.

Would have given it an A but losing newman and the DB recruiting .

Last edited:
A-
Not even B+

Definitely into the "A" range though.

Maintain this level for a few years, and we'll all be bitching about how the staff isn't good enough to get in the playoff or win the MNC, so they need to be replaced with one that can.

A-/B+

Solid top to bottom with several borderline 3*/4* types, several JUCOs to fill gaps, solid QB, tons of OL/DL, Texas/CA heavy.

Missing that one or two elite player, but pretty happy.

A lot depends on how Sami works out at NT, but let's not forget the early signing of Javier Edwards. That was huge. Also, on the plus side, CU had a very nice haul on the offensive line, poplawski was a nice flip at TE, keeping Nixon, Miller and Landman was clutch, and we got a good QB. Not a lot to be unhappy with. The miss on a highly ranked safety drops it to an A- for me.

for me an A would've been landing a Falo or Chaisson or something to finish things up, so I gave it an A-. Great effort by the staff, though. Lots of good work early on last year throughout the summer before the rise was seen on the field to get the kinds of commits they did and then hold onto most of them.

I gave it an A- . The D Scott saga brought me to allbuffs where I lurked for a few years before joining. This has been hands down the best recruiting year for me, as a fan, since 08 or whatever that was . Sure Falo or Chaisson would have been sweet but I'm not going to let the " what ifs" outweigh the Buffs we did get. Mac and company raised the bar for the program and I can't wait to see what's next for The Rise.

B+. I wouldn't say it's in the A range, but since you had to choose the A- with B+, I went with that one. Filled needs, improved level of talent, but didn't close on some bigger 4 star recruits. I like that they kept most everyone who originally committed. As long as the classes continue to improve, this B+ class might end up being more important than future A classes in my view.

When you look at each player individually, there is so much talent and size and speed in this class. I gave it A- but should have given it an A.

Seriously though, I give it a B. Addressed needs and definitely an upgrade in talent than what we've seen since '08.

I gave it a B because it's a good, solid class that we need to build the program. Lots of good pickups at positions of need. I have high expectations (unrealistic maybe) but an "A" class for me is a class that includes some high 4 stars in it, USC and Stanford were 'A' classes. I do realize how unrealistic it is at this point to haul a class like that to boulder right now. But that's just what I consider an A, top 15.

But, from where we were a year ago to today? It's a home run, the coaches killed it.

I gave it an A. Beyond the positional needs aspect the team and its fans (us) were just flat out hungry for a day like today. And momentum.....it couldn't have come at a better time. Now we go into the spring on a positive note....the most positive we have had in years. Imagine the excitement on the part of the players knowing all this talent is coming in. I love this class!

Not a "Great" class, but a very good class. Great, by my definition, is filled with 5 stars and a few 4 stars. This class is strong though and should be the first of even stronger classes to come.

B. Would have easily moved into the A range if we had landed some of the higher priority defensive linemen.

A if I'm grading on a curve relative to the last 10 years. Othwerwise B+. Gonna be super awesome if we are able to improve on this class next year.

Not a "Great" class, but a very good class. Great, by my definition, is filled with 5 stars and a few 4 stars. This class is strong though and should be the first of even stronger classes to come.

There's only 32, five star players every single year as an FYI, per 247. You can't have a class "filled" with them, if we got 1 that's a massive win. Only 13 teams got 5 star players in this recruiting cycle.

Last edited:
For what the class is right now, a B. There is a chance for some late additions which could bump it up to the B+/A- range.

One point on that with the "filled with 5 stars and a few 4 stars"... there are only about 35 guys in the country ranked as 5 stars every year. There are fewer 4 stars than most people seem to think, also. In a given year, there are maybe a dozen recruiting classes that have more 5*/4* players than 3*/2* players.

To your general point, though, I think being one of those dozen classes is a fine criteria for an "A" class.

Personally, I grade on the curve with these things. I gave an "A" for this class based on what was achieved versus what CU is and what it was as it entered this recruiting cycle.

B
Solid foundation being built. To get an A you need to be in the top 10 recruiting ranks as those as those are the schools playing for national championships.

Solid B, position needs, quality, and quantity all covered
We must leave room for many better classes in the future that has more 4* and 5* players!
I understand people saying we are not READY for a big time top 10 class, but tell me why that is and what is next to make that happen?
Great School, Great Academics, Most Beautiful Campus, Facilities, Tradition, near a big time city (Pro Sports, etc), Coach
When the Buffs were rolling, we were dominant in all phases without having good facilities

Solid B, position needs, quality, and quantity all covered
We must leave room for many better classes in the future that has more 4* and 5* players!
I understand people saying we are not READY for a big time top 10 class, but tell me why that is and what is next to make that happen?
Great School, Great Academics, Most Beautiful Campus, Facilities, Tradition, near a big time city (Pro Sports, etc), Coach
When the Buffs were rolling, we were dominant in all phases without having good facilities

Consistent, recent winning and national publicity, that's why. We take what we have now and keep winning and it will come. These kids all go to Alabama for a reason, they want to win and be seen by scouts. Nobody actually likes living in the south.

Back