What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is happening with CU Buffs Radio Network?

LSG

I like to listen to the football games, even while watching them on TV. I think Mark Johnson and Gary Barnett are very good announcers. In the past the games were almost always on KOA. Very occasionally the game would have to be switched to 760. Now it seems to always be on 630?? Is that correct? Unfortunately, that station is not as strong, and reception is weak even in metro area. And trying to find the game in Vail this past weekend on iHeart radio was a complete exercise in frustration! Does anyone have the inside scoop about what the relationship is between the Buffs and the various radio stations? And how come I could hear 630 over the actual radio but not over iHeart radio? This situation has been really frustrating.

I had the same issue for the first quarter of last week's game. The website makes almost zero mention of 630 AM and still says 850 KOA is the home of the Buffs and 760 is where it would be if there's a conflict. Last week, both 850 and 760 had the same financial advice show running.

Reactions: dio
I like to listen to the football games, even while watching them on TV. I think Mark Johnson and Gary Barnett are very good announcers. In the past the games were almost always on KOA. Very occasionally the game would have to be switched to 760. Now it seems to always be on 630?? Is that correct? Unfortunately, that station is not as strong, and reception is weak even in metro area. And trying to find the game in Vail this past weekend on iHeart radio was a complete exercise in frustration! Does anyone have the inside scoop about what the relationship is between the Buffs and the various radio stations? And how come I could hear 630 over the actual radio but not over iHeart radio? This situation has been really frustrating.
to simplify, get the varsity network app.

Do it right or don’t do it at all.

Yep, shut down the entire CU athletic department information team because they didn’t update a nothing burger for the benefit of a few dozen people over the age of 70.

I’d guess you are a CEO?

How do other people listen to the games? I find the TV announcers mostly annoying. Mark Johnson and Gary Barnett are far more knowledgeable about our team, and more entertaining as well. I have to put up with video/audio disparity a lot of the time, unless I can find the radio version over the internet. But lately it seems the actual radio broadcast is not the same program as the internet broadcast. It's confusing!

Also, KOA was playing some financial talk show last Saturday, not the Rockies, so the Buffs game was obviously not their priority at that point.

As if we needed another example of how badly the athletic department produces content and markets itself.
Especially when they Dont do the broadcasting!

Meant don’t broadcast over the air via radio
CU doesnt brodcast it.

These guys do
Looks like KOA will continue to broadcast through 22-23. KHOW will be the alternate (630 AM) instead of 760 AM. There must have been a conflict with the Rox on Saturday.

CU cashes the check

It’s far too difficult to listen to games or post-game wrap up and analysis due to KOAs other programming priorities. Simple steps to point listeners to where they can get that content otherwise would take an intern about 30 minutes to fix.

Also, KOA was playing some financial talk show last Saturday, not the Rockies, so the Buffs game was obviously not their priority at that point.
Rockies game started maybe an hour or 90 min after CU game kicked off.

It’s far too difficult to listen to games or post-game wrap up and analysis due to KOAs other programming priorities. Simple steps to point listeners to where they can get that content otherwise would take an intern about 30 minutes to fix.
Doesnt KOA have exclusive rights to the local Radio market?

I am not over 70 (or even close to it) and I like to listen to the game on the radio, often while driving somewhere or working. I had the same problem with finding the game.

my Dad listens to the radio while in the strands watching because they give explanations well before the crowd can often figure out what’s going on with some penalties or unusual situations.

I think there’s a lot more than 142 people listening on the radio.

I listen to the radio as well because Johnson and Barnett are better, usually by a wide margin, than whatever fifth tier duo that the tv stations trot out.

Yeah, even at the game I always have an earpiece in one ear so I can fill in the people around me. :)

Yeah, even at the game I always have an earpiece in one ear so I can fill in the people around me. :)
This.
Also, I am sure the insight from last week was thrilling. Still no offense. Still baffling play claying. Still no adjustments. Rinse and repeat.

Back