What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where is all the weather wailing?

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
We’ve got lots of big time official visits this weekend. And it’s kinda cold. And snow is forecast. Where is all the doom and gloom kvetching about how disastrous this weather is going to be for recruiting?

We’ve got lots of big time official visits this weekend. And it’s kinda cold. And snow is forecast. Where is all the doom and gloom kvetching about how disastrous this weather is going to be for recruiting?

It certainly doesn’t help.

In the recruiting threads.

Odds are if you are in the NFL playoffs you will play in some snow at some point. And if we have a CFP game here next year it could be snowing.

Kristen Wiig Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

You always want to show off what you've got when it will show at its best.

But I'm sure that Coach Prime and his operation have a great plan in place for hosting recruits & parents when a storm or cold front hits.

Adapt and dominate.

But I'm sure that Coach Prime and his operation have a great plan in place for hosting recruits & parents when a storm or cold front hits.

Adapt and dominate.
And hopefully parking enforcement can take a 48hr break from booting Maybachs.

Adapt and dominate.
Prime has been a warm weather guy his entire life. He loves Boulder. And the guys he brought in last year have spent, pretty much, a full seasonal cycle here. I’m pretty sure a cold weekend isn’t going to be an issue.

Last edited:
I tend to think a cold but not freezing weekend with a little snow like this is a good thing. These kids aren’t stupid, they know it gets cold here, and it’s harped on by every SEC program out there. Being able to feel the difference between Colorado cold and east coast, Midwest and southern cold is a selling point, IMO. It’s mid 30s and 40s this weekend. It’s not bad.

I tend to think a cold but not freezing weekend with a little snow like this is a good thing. These kids aren’t stupid, they know it gets cold here, and it’s harped on by every SEC program out there. Being able to feel the difference between Colorado cold and east coast, Midwest and southern cold is a selling point, IMO. It’s mid 30s and 40s this weekend. It’s not bad.
There’s a portal guy from Indiana there this weekend - he’ll verify that Colorado cold isn’t the same as Midwest cold.

They also got to see CU during the GameDay features and games. Boulder showed well each time.
A lot of these parents aren't much younger than CP and are likely thrilled to spend time with him.

Winters in the Midwest suck as bad as summers in the Midwest.

If it wasn’t such a crap shoot to drive or fly out of/into Omaha during the winter, I’d travel more. The only time I have was going to Chicago over a NYE/NYD fast trip, and our plane was delayed a few hours out of Omaha.

Just shoveled. Had a medium coat on and was breaking a sweat. It’s a perfect Colorado morn with the foothills blanketed in snow. The blue sky highlights the alabaster foothills. The green pine and fir trees stand at attention as wisps of clouds waft on the light breeze, headed toward the eastern plains.

How could any recruit resist the magnetic draw of Boulder after a winter snow?

Just shoveled. Had a medium coat on and was breaking a sweat. It’s a perfect Colorado morn with the foothills blanketed in snow. The blue sky highlights the alabaster foothills. The green pine and fir trees stand at attention as wisps of clouds waft on the light breeze, headed toward the eastern plains.

you burned a blunt while you out there, right?

Back