What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is the worst major conference commissioner in the history of college sports?

who is the worst major conference commissioner in the history of college sports?

• larry the mule scott

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • see above

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
I know that this is sour grapes, but it sure seems like CU just happens to get screwed by all the changes that have been set up this year.

I must say, I've stayed away from criticizing Scott, since bandwagon jumping is not my thing. (Considering who each of you support in college athletics, bandwagon jumping shouldn't be your thing, either.)

That being said, the complete mismanagement of the 2020 football season simply has to warrant his replacement. If he gets replaced, good for the Pac. If he doesn't, then the conference's problems run too deep expect a fix.

Larry knows he is out and will do the minimum along with collecting as much money as possible before leaving (he has already done this). He is set up to never ever work again.

Larry knows he is out and will do the minimum along with collecting as much money as possible before leaving (he has already done this). He is set up to never ever work again.
someone said in another thread that he's making the moves that maximize his incentives. I believe this. Very trumpy

someone said in another thread that he's making the moves that maximize his incentives. I believe this. Very trumpy
Given he accelerated bonuses for the Pac12 Network before the shut down, I totally believe it.

I was so excited about this guy, but he basically had a single idea about the 6 regional channels and then nothing while effectively doing Trump level grifting off the conference.

this conference has been left in the hands of amateurs who didn't know how to negotiate a tv contract this big or how to leave themselves leverage. these amateurs were able to similarly able to bamboozle the universities by making it expensive to put them out of our misery.

this disaster season didn't make them ****ty horrible leaders. they were already all of that. this horrible season just exposed their incompetence in new and unique ways, repeatedly.

fire scott and all his minions. they truly suck. they didn't understand carriage, rights, the shifting landscape, leverage, value. or optionality. they suck.

the conference of champions deserves better than this. these ass clowns are done.

Asked:

Answered:
this conference has been left in the hands of amateurs who didn't know how to negotiate a tv contract this big or how to leave themselves leverage. these amateurs were able to similarly able to bamboozle the universities by making it expensive to put them out of our misery.

this disaster season didn't make them ****ty horrible leaders. they were already all of that. this horrible season just exposed their incompetence in new and unique ways, repeatedly.

fire scott and all his minions. they truly suck. they didn't understand carriage, rights, the shifting landscape, leverage, value. or optionality. they suck.

the conference of champions deserves better than this. these ass clowns are done.

I was hoping that when the Buffs joined the P-12 that they would get away from all of the $$$ distribution BS that Beebe allowed to go on in the B-12. Especially the way Beebe catered to TexAss and Oklahomo. Beebe was pretty much their B*tch. In the beginning, it all looked good for the Buffs & Utes joining the P-!2, But slowly Scott not only had trouble with negotiating major network TV $$, he couldn't even strike a deal with Direct TV. And he continues to drag the P-12 further south each day he remains commissioner. IMO when it comes to incompetency, Scott is = to Beebe

I was hoping that when the Buffs joined the P-12 that they would get away from all of the $$$ distribution BS that Beebe allowed to go on in the B-12. Especially the way Beebe catered to TexAss and Oklahomo. Beebe was pretty much their B*tch. In the beginning, it all looked good for the Buffs & Utes joining the P-!2, But slowly Scott not only had trouble with negotiating major network TV $$, he couldn't even strike a deal with Direct TV. And he continues to drag the P-12 further south each day he remains commissioner. IMO when it comes to incompetency, Scott is = to Beebe
No

Beebe was at least good for the schools he "worked for" in Texas and Oklahoma. Scott isn't good for anybody at this point.

this isn't the ****ing tennis channel.

big talk about multiplatform and tailored content... what he delivered is a mwc level deal. and he was so stupid he didn't even understand how hard he got worked by the nets.

his incompetence is costing us tens of millions and destroying the reputation of the conference. this needs to end.

i'd take dan ****ing beebe in a heartbeat over this fool.

Back