What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WSU QB Hilinski dead in apparent suicide

I wonder if the stress of him going to be the perverbial man next year had anything to do with this? RIP to him, either way.

1-800-273-TALK (8255) is the suicide prevention hotline.

Figure this is as good a thread as any to leave this number.

Solid contribution to the thread.

We have no idea of the details so not even going to speculate but we did a suicide prevention training with the mental health staff a few months ago and had some interesting points.

1. Most who commit suicide told somebody of their intentions prior to the attempt. Many times it wasn't an obvious statement but in retrospect the message was there.

2. Never think when someone talks about taking their life that "they won't do it." Get them help, talk to a professional, the number Jens posted above is an excellent resource that can normally refer you to local assistance.

3. Even if they try to get you to promise to "never tell anyone" if somebody is talking about suicide get help. Better to break trust than to lose somebody.

Many people who have attempted to commit suicide or who gave it serious thought have been helped out of their situation and gone on to lead happy productive lives. Suicide is almost always a permanent answer to a temporary problem. The key is getting the right help to get through it.

Whoa..that’s such a tragedy, he’s way too young to go. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends and WSU, that has to be gut wrenching. Makes me sad.

Ooof. What a gut punch.
Condolences to Tyler’s teammates, friends, and family.

My goodness. So hard to put together words after hearing something like this. Prayers to him and his family

Good Lord, that is awful. I cannot imagine what his parents must be going through.....

How horrible for his family. At this point doesn't matter that he was a football player, he was a young person with a family that loved him and a life ahead of him.

+1

Absolutely tragic, whether it is ultimately a suicide or foul play is involved. I can't imagine a young kid's perception that anything in life can't be managed and overcome with the people around you who love and care for you. College sports doesn't last forever, its but a fleeting part of one's life. I can't imagine being this young kid's parents. He had his whole life in front of him. The things that in football we think are important just aren't (being a starter, getting to the NFL, etc.). Just tragic.

Wow. I hope people will stop saying “he had the world at his feet” kind of crap. Life’s circumstances are irrelevant when mental illness is involved.

So sad. I feel for his family and friends. Have someone close to you commit suicide is one of the worst things you can experience.

giphy_s.gif

I had a good friend take his own life when we were in high school. His mom has never been the same. Suicide hurts a lot of people for a very long time. Prayers for the family, friends, teammates and anyone else who knew Tyler.

Freshman girl at my son's high school took her life last night. 3 students in last 6 months.

Back