What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

11/30 Colorado at Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like the Utah match up for some reason. For some reason, I like it better than UW at home; but I think CU has a chance on senior day. This is just like I hated the CU at Wazzu match up and like the at OU match-up better. I saw the Palouse debacle coming a mile away. CU played OU good for almost a half, until that tipped interception in the end zone. To each their own.
Can you elaborate on the position/ personnel matchups you thing look good for us?

If UU wins out, they’re in. Tua breaking his ass bone and dislocating his hip were exactly what the P12 needed.
I think OU still has a good chance. They just beat a top 15 team, they have another coming up in Okie State, and then another in the Big XII title. And unfortunately, the brand-name of Oklahoma may influence the committee too.

So either UU or UO may end with one top 10-15 (new ranking after the loss) win, while OU will end up with three top 20 wins.

I think OU still has a good chance. They just beat a top 15 team, they have another coming up in Okie State, and then another in the Big XII title. And unfortunately, the brand-name of Oklahoma may influence the committee too.

So either UU or UO may end with one top 10-15 (new ranking after the loss) win, while OU will end up with three top 20 wins.
Given where the committee sees Oregon and Utah currently, I don’t think OU can get any great wins to propel them. Oregon or Utah will provide the other a big win. Methinks the SEC is the only way to overcome via an UGA win.

Given where the committee sees Oregon and Utah currently, I don’t think OU can get any great wins to propel them. Oregon or Utah will provide the other a big win. Methinks the SEC is the only way to overcome via an UGA win.
That's what I'm saying though- between the ranking last week and the final one, UO/UU will get one top 15 win, OU will get three top 20-25 wins. That's close.

Now for what it's worth I think Oregon/ Utah should get it. But I also am always suspicious of "eye test" subbing for "we like name brand."

That's what I'm saying though- between the ranking last week and the final one, UO/UU will get one top 15 win, OU will get three top 20-25 wins. That's close.

Now for what it's worth I think Oregon/ Utah should get it. But I also am always suspicious of "eye test" subbing for "we like name brand."
Sure. I think tonight will be telling. If OU stays below both P12 teams and the B12 continues to get downgraded, their shot could be extinguished.

It will be easy for the committee to sneak in another Pac-12 team into the top 25. Washington at 8-4 or USC at 8-4 seem like prime candidates. Then whoever wins will have two top 25 wins and a way better loss than K State.

OSU stays Top 20 with 4 losses? However, a 4-loss USC doesn't enter the rankings? And are we sure that Baylor is ranked if it ends up with 3 losses considering the schedule it has played?

OSU stays Top 20 with 4 losses? However, a 4-loss USC doesn't enter the rankings? And are we sure that Baylor is ranked if it ends up with 3 losses considering the schedule it has played?
OSU may or may not. Baylor will definitely stay in if their only other loss is the CCG, which I was assuming much like I assume UU/UO won't lose before the CCG.

There are a fair amount of people who cover this sport for ESPN who think that's what "eye test" means.

There are a fair amount of people who cover this sport for ESPN who think that's what "eye test" means.

Ya, that dude tweets a whole bunch of dumbass stuff. His argument is that Alabama, who has a week's schedule, no conference championship, and one quality win should be ranked higher than conference champ Oregon who would have just beat a top 10 opponent and is on a 13 game win streak.

Ya, that dude tweets a whole bunch of dumbass stuff. His argument is that Alabama, who has a week's schedule, no conference championship, and one quality win should be ranked higher than conference champ Oregon who would have just beat a top 10 opponent and is on a 13 game win streak.

He's not the only one. Here's another gem from last week after the rankings came out that got a faceplant emoji from Joel:

He's not the only one. Here's another gem from last week after the rankings came out that got a faceplant emoji from Joel:

Heather is also an absolute idiot. I'm not sure if she still is but she used to be on the College Football Live show. Every sentence she uttered was cringe-worthy.

I relish the role of spoiler that CU could play in this game. Let's Tuck up those Ute fan plans for glory!

Bama could lose a close game and there would be media members arguing them playing a close Iron Bowl on the road should be enough for them to stay in the top four.

Can you elaborate on the position/ personnel matchups you thing look good for us?

It is not necessarily position/personnel match ups per se; some of it is scheme and past games. I think Utah is reliant on the run, which the CU defense has stepped up and found some success. CU has been somewhat stout in the middle runs, and Utah does not press the edge like UO. CU is improving on the edge as the season has progress. It is not the total spread offense like WSU. I like Utah's Senior QB, but he is no Slovis or some of the other PAC-12 gunslinger's passing wise. I feel like if CU can get some pressure, they will have some chances. Although CU has a new staff, Utah's defense has not changed too much, so past film may be helpful in game planning. CU has beat Utah in Utah with a worse team, although this year Utah is better.

On offense, with "Good Montez" and Viska, I can see them putting up some points like USC did.

This series has been close except the last two seasons where it appeared that CU's players quit on MacIntyre which isn't happening this season so far with Tucker. I'm expecting a hard fought game more than a blowout and CU can play spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back