What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO QB Brock Berglund (Signed to Kansas)

Don't call me Shirley...

Snorted some coffee out my nose on that one Shirley. Thanks! I thought Sherry had the better skills and was pissed we turned him loose ala Jordan Wynn. Embo made Berglund his priority, the first visit he made. What the hell happened? I'm starting to wonder if this new brain trust knows what they are doing. Granted, they are not united yet but one step forward, two steps back so far. We have less commits now than when the Hawk was kicked. I guess I'll hold my tongue until later in February and hope good things happen.

It is very concerning when a highly rated Colorado QB who has been a Buff early commit and a fan for life says yes to KANSAS. Did Jon fart on their new couch or what?

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1163748

"It was cool to be the first recruit that he met with," said Berglund. "Coach Embree is a good guy. He doesn't even have a house in Colorado yet but it was good having him come down here to talk with me at the school and come by to have dinner with my family. That was an honor. … I think we have a lot of things in common and he is a great guy. He really wants great things for CU."

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::lol:

There's more to the Berglund story than we'll ever know. And we're definitely over-reacting because it's a quarterback.

We should be overreacting with QB recruiting. It has been piss poor for the better part of a decade now. At the moment, we have exactly two scholarship QBs on the roster and neither is a world beater by any stretch.

This pisses me off to no end. There's something we're not being told. Maybe it's not any of our business, but there's something about this whole deal that stinks.

Totally agree with you, something is rotten in the Rockies... :huh:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Kiesau factor here yet. When Berglund committed, he talked about how much he liked Kiesau and his offensive philosophy. When the coaching change happened, while BB said all the right things, he ke kind of left a crack in the open door with a - but I'm interested to see what happens with Coach Kiesau alibi.

Recent reporting seems to suggest Kiesau (although was still out recruiting) will not be retained. S'pose that may be a large reason behind BB's de-commit? Just sayin'.

Don't think so.....what about Brock's transgressions? That is the real story.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Kiesau factor here yet. When Berglund committed, he talked about how much he liked Kiesau and his offensive philosophy. When the coaching change happened, while BB said all the right things, he ke kind of left a crack in the open door with a - but I'm interested to see what happens with Coach Kiesau alibi.

Recent reporting seems to suggest Kiesau (although was still out recruiting) will not be retained. S'pose that may be a large reason behind BB's de-commit? Just sayin'.

this is my thinking as well. Even if Kiesau is retained as WR coach, that means little to a QB who will be working with the QB coach and OC mostly.

Once the decision (official or not) was to find a new QB coach, I'm sure Brock "re-opened" his recruiting.

I don't like it, as Brock was making statements about helping to build a program at CU and being someone that would get other Colorado kids to go to CU.

We really need a QB this cycle, so let's hope we can flip another recruit to CU or bring in a solid kid.

He said he didn't commit to play for Hawk, he committed to play for CU. Kiesau isn't in the equation. Something happened when Embree visited him, which he and his family didn't like. I'm not trying to figure it out but I'm pissed.

He said he didn't commit to play for Hawk, he committed to play for CU. Kiesau isn't in the equation. Something happened when Embree visited him, which he and his family didn't like. I'm not trying to figure it out but I'm pissed.

Yes Kiesau is a part of the equation. He mentioned him specifically several times after Hawk was fired.

There's more to the Berglund story than we'll ever know. And we're definitely over-reacting because it's a quarterback.

I think it's precisely because it's a QB that people are not over-reacting.

This is horrible news. CU needs a legit QB in the worst way and as of right now now they don't have one in this class.

Let me finish by saying FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK! :bang:

Last edited:
We are now in prime position to sign QB Cyler Miles in 2012. After the last five years, I am trying to find the silver lining in anything.

That was a huge issue.

Well, since Walt Harris won't join Jon Embree's CU Buffs staff, there is a chance that Kiesau remains as QB coach? If so, will Brock be back again?

I wonder if Brock will issue 'statements' to the Kansas press after every loss.

:rofl:my man...I was thinking the same thing when I read his most recent "statement"...

...look, I wish this kid the best, and if he changes his mind, great, I'll root for him at CU. However...how many statements does a kid make while in HS? He needs to calm down a little...he's not that great of a player...

I hope he comes back to CU, but if not, I honestly don't care. There are other, better QBs out there (maybe not in this state's SR class, but there are in other states).

Yes Kiesau is a part of the equation. He mentioned him specifically several times after Hawk was fired.

Kiesau has a record as a very good recruiter, and a coach that bonds well with players. Although a ton of other things maybe in play here, many we wont know, discounting Kiesau would be foolish.

I could understand us losing out to one of the Cali or Zona schools but if you'd rather go to Kansas over CU then I question the kid's judgement. Regardless what has been mentioned in the papers about "personnel and scheme" Brock would have had every opportunity to start early and be the guy at CU. Best of luck to Brock but I think we are better off.

Kiesau has a record as a very good recruiter, and a coach that bonds well with players. Although a ton of other things maybe in play here, many we wont know, discounting Kiesau would be foolish.

I thought hawk's staff couldn't recruit?

You're kidding right. Our roster is definitively devoid of talent right now. Most of Hawk's highly ranked recruits flamed out.

Uhh... better recruiters? I think people are forgetting that Hawk and friends were really good recruiters.

Back