What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

12 Years Since CU Left Big 12

I always chuckle at the notion that fans should be happy because CU is in a better financial situation in the Pac. It wouldn't matter if the Pac brought in as much money as B1G or $EC, CU administration would just piss it away.
The School would still have their arbitrary admissions and transfer requirements that even Stanford laughs at, but the having an extra $20 million a year would make a difference. They'd still screw it all up, just with a lot more money

I don’t agree. I think the new Big 12 is very well positioned to be the third best P5 conference. The pac 12 (-Oregon and USC) will be at a G5 level in football in the very near future.

Im not sure the Big XII finishes ahead of the ACC given that most of the ACC is firmly within the good football country and has bigger football names. But it is possible.

The Pac 12 has been a disaster. Larry Scott was clueless, and I'm not sold on Kliavkoff being that much better. Case in point is the P12N not being on Youtube TV. YTTV HQ is 13 miles away from where LS had the Pac 12 HQ. That's a joke to me.

Is there a better answer for CU right now? Nope.
You can blame those guys all you want. The fact remains that fan support and apathy towards football is higher compared to other P5 conferences. Were the west coast version of the Big East without the MBB.

Last edited:
another reason that the move was a bad idea
True. But we were not invited to the Big10. If it were CU NU Mizzou and KU things might have been different. But that didnt happen.

We went to the P12 because its the state where a majority of our out of state students come from and where a lot of our Alums live. Like other dominos that failed to fall our way none of those wealthy Californians stepped in to be our sugar daddy.

I think this admin and the past admin or two was much happier in the P12 and remain so.

The P12 has missed the opportunities to secure future relevancy...should've bent over and made an all out effort to grab 4 from the B12 while there was still a chance.
If the P12 arrives at streams for FB & BB...I'll drop the network because I have zero interest watching XXXX number of sports CU doesn't have..not worth $12.00 a month.

I would have expected our tennis team to be more successful at this point in our Pac 12 trajectory.

The Pac(-12) is still my favorite conference, but we certainly haven't established the football reputation (as a team and a conference) that I was expecting.
same. But I’m drifting :confused:

Exactly. CU could be anywhere, and as long as sub-mediocrity is the standard, that will be the result. We often blame the HC, and the AD, and they have their share of the result to answer for, but the responsibility for failure goes much higher and new leadership is required.
Agree. It I also feel like the university, as a whole, has been in decline. I could be wrong, but that’s just how I sense it.

With all of the change, CU is still positioned better in the Pac as long as USC is still around. The Big 12 will be holding on by a thread once Texas and OU leave. That conference is dead in the water without a legit big player School.
Funny thing is, I feel like with the Big-12’s new additions - teams that have been very successful but we’re just lacking that P-5 designation and thus recruiting and financial benefits - may turn out stronger without UT and OU.

The big 12 has some fairly feverish fan bases that are well positioned to take advantage of NIL. They are also the only conference that has a coast to coast presence which will pay big dividends. I think UCF and BYU in a P5 conference will be able to succeed rapidly.

They will be able to get kids in because none of the B12 schools have strict admissions criteria.

I think the Miami references is a fair point but if I remember the Big East only had WVU and Miami as the name brand members. I would argue that OK St, TT, KSU, WVU, ISU, and Baylor all are fairly strong football brands that will still garner interest
Time will tell.
Don’t forget Cincy and Houston. Recently great programs that I think may explode in P-5.

Explode in a good way?
kramer GIF

Back