What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OT Terriek Roberts (Signed to COLORADO)

[video=youtube;NPoCpVBr8ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoCpVBr8ZY[/video]

Nice interview with Adam Munsterteiger prior to him committing

If he gains weight he'll be moved to OL

If the 255 lbs that's listed on Rivals is correct, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think he could easily be 280-290 after his RS year. I'm just curious as to where they want him. He could potentially be a day one contributor as a Freshman on the DL, but might need that RS year if they think he's a Tackle.

If the 255 lbs that's listed on Rivals is correct, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think he could easily be 280-290 after his RS year. I'm just curious as to where they want him. He could potentially be a day one contributor as a Freshman on the DL, but might need that RS year if they think he's a Tackle.

He wasn't exactly very clear past that, maybe just a get him on campus and see how they feel type but FWIW Warren McCarty corrected ESPN's Pac-12 recruiting guy saying he was going to be a DL at CU not an OT.

Nice to finally be having these kinds of problems in terms of deciding which side of the football gets an athlete.

Probably going to get him into camp, see what he does and look at the depth on each side and then talk to him about where he can make the most impact..

He's coming in as a DE. Great showing at CU playing DE and is the right frame for the 3-4.

The question on position is only because he's still in high school and his body is still developing. If he ends up packing on good weight like Nembot did and ends up over 300 pounds instead of the 265-285 range, then he'll likely move to OT and be a plus athlete there.

But the plan is that he's a DE.

I decided to switch Terriek's position from OT to DE in order to better reflect what position he was recruited for to CU. I'll try to do that with any commits we get. Especially with guys classified as an ATH, I think it makes things easier for fans to get a feel for where we are in recruiting if they know where someone is projected to plug in on the CU roster depth.

Thank you, sir! So, it's akin to a test score in school. Solid "B."

There are about 300,000 high school senior football players, and the scouting services claim 3 stars represents kids that are among the top 750 players.

So, 3 stars means you are among the top 0.25% of players... it's more akin to whether you are the valedictorian or the salutatorian.

Just a heads up... I'll be catching up with Terriek Roberts at the Six Zero Strength All-Colorado awards banquet this evening, and I'll be interviewing most of the top in-state prospects from the 2017 class. Most of it will be free content up on BuffStampede.com in the coming days. The 2017 class will feature the deepest crop of in-state talent that I've seen since moving to Colorado over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Just a heads up... I'll be catching up with Terriek Roberts at the Six Zero Strength All-Colorado awards banquet this evening, and I'll be interviewing most of the other top in-state prospects from the 2016 and 2017 classes. Most of it will be free content up on BuffStampede.com in the coming days. The 2017 class will feature the deepest crop of in-state talent that I've seen since moving to Colorado over a decade ago.
Thanks Adam.

Great interview. Thanks to Adam for making that available.

You're welcome! Here is another one with top 2017 target Jonathan Van Diest: https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1835533

I'll have up interviews/updates with CU commit Hunter Vaughn and Marcus McElroy Jr., another top in-state target for 2017, in the coming days. Unfortunately I was only able to get four prospects on camera at the event just because of its set-up and the fact once recruits sat down they were hard to get to to chat with. On a side note, I had never seen CSU pledge Toby McBride in person until that event (he is a FB/DE from Fort Morgan)... he's built like a brick. Could be a real pain for the Buffs to match-up with him in the coming years.

Back