What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF Dallas Walton (Signed to COLORADO)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Really good to see.

The 2 knocks against him were the prior injuries and the size/strength. He seems to have solved one of those on his own - kudos. Time should take care of the other.

30 more pounds and he won't get shoved off the block all the time. Means he is only a year away from being really ready

Dude looks like McChesney got a hold of him. You don't make those gains unless you are serious. Think he's going to be a player before he is through.

He won 1 on 1 low post iso matchups against both Ayton and Ristic today.

The high post turn and drain 13' jumper kills teams.

We got the makings of a legit footer. That's something that few schools can claim. Look out here come da Buffs!

He won 1 on 1 low post iso matchups against both Ayton and Ristic today.

The high post turn and drain 13' jumper kills teams.

We got the makings of a legit footer. That's something that few schools can claim. Look out here come da Buffs!

He played against two big physical guys today, one of whom is also highly skilled, and contributed.

Seeing the shape Battey is in now while still being a big physical specimen means that next year Dallas won't have to battle the big guys alone. He is showing a skill set that is going to be hard for other teams to deal with when they can't just push him around. And he is also rapidly getting bigger and stronger as well.

He had 1 rebound. For as awesome as he was, I’d like to see him add weight and aggressiveness.

He had 1 rebound. For as awesome as he was, I’d like to see him add weight and aggressiveness.
He has to improve his rebounding. I think he's getting more active as a help defender and is boxing out better, though. It will come. If there's one thing Tad teaches well it is rebounding.

He only had one rebound because he was boxing Ayton out and letting George or Namon go get it. Ayton only had 5 boards, and that guy is a monster.
Understood. But still, a 7 footer should have more than 1 rebound. That said, he was active and was able to contest rebounds that CU came away with.

He has the fourth highest DR% and third highest OR% on the team. It's not great, but it's not horrible either - especially because both King and Bey like to steal rebounds from teammates.

He's added a decent amount of weight already. I'm going to cite Bill Walton as an analyst for the first, and hopefully, only time in my life. Bill Walton repeatedly mentioned that Dallas needs to have his leg strength catch up with the rest of his body, which would make sense given the recovery from knee injuries and the addition of weight up top. I believe Bill when he talks about spiritual experiences enhanced by drugs and how 7-footers play basketball, the rest of it is alternately amusing and annoying gibberish.

He has the fourth highest DR% and third highest OR% on the team. It's not great, but it's not horrible either - especially because both King and Bey like to steal rebounds from teammates.
Rebound thievery.

He's added a decent amount of weight already. I'm going to cite Bill Walton as an analyst for the first, and hopefully, only time in my life. Bill Walton repeatedly mentioned that Dallas needs to have his leg strength catch up with the rest of his body, which would make sense given the recovery from knee injuries and the addition of weight up top. I believe Bill when he talks about spiritual experiences enhanced by drugs and how 7-footers play basketball, the rest of it is alternately amusing and annoying gibberish.
Bill also knows the issues around knee problems for a big man probably better than anyone who has played the game. Without the knee problems, he would have been right with Kareem in the GOAT discussion.

Bill also knows the issues around knee problems for a big man probably better than anyone who has played the game. Without the knee problems, he would have been right with Kareem in the GOAT discussion.

Walton had more problem with his feet than knees, but that distinction isn't really that important, you're dead on about Walton being potentially at the top without lower body injuries. Looked it up, he played 488 NBA games, and missed 680 o_O

Dallas did contest shots when in the game.
They will leave you not in a good position to capture some rebounds.
He is still learning but Saturday was a huge step and should bolster his confidence down the road.

Dallas did contest shots when in the game.
They will leave you not in a good position to capture some rebounds.
He is still learning but Saturday was a huge step and should bolster his confidence down the road.

Radio announcers on KOA (I think Johnson and Wllke but could be wrong) referred multiple times to Dallas boxing out and tipping rebounds to teammates who got credit for the rebound. Tad also mentioned this in his post game. Did say that in the future Dallas needed to have bigger rebounding numbers considering the quality of the competition he was more than happy with him this game.

Boxed out Ayton and Buffs made a high percentage of their shots (not many offensive rebounds).
best part was not backing down to future NBA lottery pick.
Now he needs to take that on the road versus Nut Punch and Welsh

Back