What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 GA CB Ronnie Blackmon (Signed to COLORADO)

The weather perception here blows my mind. Whatever, he will be even happier once he sees this great state.

:gobuffs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just don't show him a picture from today. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard - looks like a fantastic get and recruiting is starting to look up for this cycle.

tumblr_nlhdwertkx1s8dwjeo1_400.gif

Just don't show him a picture from today. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard - looks like a fantastic get and recruiting is starting to look up for this cycle.

I'm sure he's seen mostly cloudy with intermittent rain before. :lol:

The weird thing to me is that everyone always worries about the "cold". As we've mentioned, Colorado is not that cold and is mostly sunny. There are definitely some days or weeks that will get damn cold, but there are also a lot of days in the 60s during Dec-Jan-Feb. I actually think the biggest adjustment is the difference in humidity. Some people take a little time to adjust to that. Nasal spray, eye drops and a good skin moisturizer can be your best friends in CO. (I'm actually the other way and get sweaty + have my skin break out if I spend time in humid climates even if it's not that hot outside.)

I'm sure he's seen mostly cloudy with intermittent rain before. :lol:

The weird thing to me is that everyone always worries about the "cold". As we've mentioned, Colorado is not that cold and is mostly sunny. There are definitely some days or weeks that will get damn cold, but there are also a lot of days in the 60s during Dec-Jan-Feb. I actually think the biggest adjustment is the difference in humidity. Some people take a little time to adjust to that. Nasal spray, eye drops and a good skin moisturizer can be your best friends in CO. (I'm actually the other way and get sweaty + have my skin break out if I spend time in humid climates even if it's not that hot outside.)

My son's hands would crack and bleed after he got here until we finally started coating them in vaseline twice a day, regular skin creams didn't help.

We do get those 60 degree days in winter. I think a bigger deal is the 30 and 40 degree days with calm winds and bright sunshine that are much more comfortable than a humid and overcast day of 55 degrees with a breeze that cuts through you in much of the eastern part of the US.

My son's hands would crack and bleed after he got here until we finally started coating them in vaseline twice a day, regular skin creams didn't help.

We do get those 60 degree days in winter. I think a bigger deal is the 30 and 40 degree days with calm winds and bright sunshine that are much more comfortable than a humid and overcast day of 55 degrees with a breeze that cuts through you in much of the eastern part of the US.

He will get better at sewing those nike shoes. Most Chinese kids start before they are 3.

OK, guys. We're getting a little off track for a recruit thread now.

0.jpg

The WV idiot with his weather comment is clueless.

When these Georgia guys get here all we need is for them to start telling their friends back home what it is like to play football here and we will have the attention of future guys from there.

Camp in August, similar temperature to Georgia but low humidity vs. high humidity is no comparison. Winters in Colorado are colder but again the humidity and sunshine make most days much more comfortable, spring ball in Georgia heat and humidity vs. almost ideal Colorado temps and again humidity again no comparison.

Get these guys in and let them host future kids from the southeast and we should havesome long term success.

Even our indoor practice facility will be more comfortable than anything in the South due to lack of humidity and just as important: NO BUGS!

...and everyone in W Virginia gets black lung disease.

Easy fellas! I reside in WV. Not every person in this state is some ignorant hillbilly. You have to ignore WVU fans. They're still pissed at Rich Rod.

Anyways welcome to the Black and Gold! GA✈CU

He will get better at sewing those nike shoes. Most Chinese kids start before they are 3.

No it's soccer balls and the blood from his hands didn't bother the buyers to much.

Actually he is from South America and unfortunately his interest in soccer balls lies mainly with bouncing them off walls, the fence, trees, etc. Kid is starting to do some damage with the ball and his left foot.

Sweet commit. Hasn't even been on campus and has that kind of offer list. Amazing. When he comes to campus he is going to totally fall in love.

Favorite commit of this class so far! I like that it shows our recruiting may actually be on the way up and we are apparently our focus on the SE is going to pay off!

Holy smokes Batman, I pulled a Nik. Went to the mountains for the day and came back to this news.

Welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man!

The WV idiot with his weather comment is clueless.

When these Georgia guys get here all we need is for them to start telling their friends back home what it is like to play football here and we will have the attention of future guys from there.

Camp in August, similar temperature to Georgia but low humidity vs. high humidity is no comparison. Winters in Colorado are colder but again the humidity and sunshine make most days much more comfortable, spring ball in Georgia heat and humidity vs. almost ideal Colorado temps and again humidity again no comparison.

Get these guys in and let them host future kids from the southeast and we should havesome long term success.
Didn't see the tweet. It could be, maybe, that he was half joking?

Welcome to the Black and Gold. Go Buffs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Mr. Blackmon. We are pleased to have you join us and look forward to cheering you on.

5.6 rating, 3 stars, legit P5 offers. This is going to be one to hold on to. Does Colorado hold some special appeal for kids from Georgia? Is it the lack of mosquitoes in Colorado?

Back