What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

They play in the Metro League, which includes all of the large schools in the suburbs west of Portland. The league includes Jesuit (one of the top high school athletic programs in the country). Beaverton is middle of the pack but the competition is pretty solid.

After watching his highlights I have to say I am very happy with his commitment. I liked how when things broke down his WRs kept running and looking for the ball. That tells me that are accustomed to his ability to keep the play alive and making something happen. Players like to play with that kind of QB.

Took me a while to post due to being on vacation for the last 3 weeks.. Welcome aboard Young Buff! Looks like a legit Power 5 QB. Nice deep throws and nice spin on the ball, pretty good quicks for a big guy to boot. Nice pick-up.

Last edited:
Adam's got another article up. Interview with Noyer's coach: https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1773946

"I think he is just a great kid. A lot of his classmates think he is a great kid. There are always a few that think he is kind of stuck up but I don't see that. I see that as a kid who is very confident in what he wants to do, very driven, very focused and doesn't want to make mistakes. We really appreciate having him, not just on our team, but in our school as well."

Not the first report I've seen that says Noyer's got some cockiness to him. I like that in a QB.

I would never worry about the ducks offering him. They got bigger fish to fry and already have a verbal at QB. Plus they're armed to the teeth with nationally rank QBs already. In fact, If I were CU I'd be waiting for a couple QBs to transfer out of UO in 1-2 years because of lack of playing time. Very crowded there. If anyone offers him it'll be Osu but they already have 3 freshmen QBs. Noyer ain't going anywhere else.

Oregon recruits nationally at this point. Especially at QB, so I wouldn't read anything into there not being an offer from the Ducks.

Regarding OSU, we did see a coaching change that sees a new offense that puts more of a premium on running ability from the QB spot. I suspect that if Riley was still the HC for the Beavs that Noyer would have an OSU offer right now.

That's not really a concern of mine. Neither is the offer list, actually. I trust Lindgren in that he seems to have a great sense of what he wants to accomplish in his offense. He zeroed in on Noyer pretty quickly as his guy.

Adam Gorney (West Recruiting Analyst for Rivals)really had high praise for Noyer off the 7on7 and camp performances he turned in this spring (some of which is behind the pay wall on the Rivals BuffStampede board).

From AM's commitment article:

"Noyer was really smooth in pretty much everything he did," recruiting analyst Adam Gorney wrote after his showing at the Rivals Quarterback Challenge event. "He didn't rush any throws, but did everything with a great tempo and pace. In every drill, every station and throughout the entire camp, Noyer looked really comfortable in the setting and was really smooth. The Beaverton standout also showed off great footwork."

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771417

Rated a 3*, 78 by ESPN. #22 QB-DT (still not sure how 247 and ESPN see him as a dual threat)

bump

Partial stats first 4 games
vs Centennial (Loss) 21 of 40 passes for 357 yards three TD's and one interception
vs Tigard (Win) 14 of 25 passes for 151 yards, one TD and one interception 9 carries 37 yards one touchdown
vs Century (Win) 34 of 42 passes for 363 yards with four TD's and one interception 10 carries 89 yards one touchdown
vs Westview (Win) 22 of 29 passes for 313 yards, four TD's and no interceptions

When I was scrounging around for stats it said the win against #6 Tigard was an upset victory so that could be taken into consideration as well as far as overall stats go.

Write up on Beaverton's last game.

1. Sam Noyer is living up to billing
The Beavers’ senior quarterback completed 22 of 29 passes for 313 yards and four touchdowns and also ran 14 yards for a score against Westview, all impressive numbers for any quarterback, and certainly what you would expect from a player who has committed to Colorado.

But he also displayed how being a third-year starter has such great value in his decision-making, pulling the ball down or getting rid of it to avoid a sack at times, at others, moving around just enough to give himself a few precious seconds to complete a throw. He also spread the wealth, throwing touchdowns to four different players, and at least two completions to five players.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive....ways-from-beavertons-45-35-win-over-westview/

Beaverton won again last weekend, although it was over winless Glencoe. Unfortunately, I cannot find any stats on the game (Beaverton did score 48 points).

This week is the big game as Beaverton plays #1 and perennial powerhouse Jesuit in what is essentially the Metro League championship game.

A clutch performance by Sam Noyer helped lift Beaverton to a second-round playoff win last Friday and now the Beavers are preparing for a Jesuit team that beat them 70-0 less than a month ago... more on Noyer and updates on CU's other verbal commitments (free) :https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1826900

Thanks for posting.

The thing with Noyer is that it doesn't look like his team is very good and they're on his back. Won't be nearly enough against Jesuit. Kind of like Dino Gordon last year... he was just going to get shut down against the best teams due to the other 10 guys on the field getting overwhelmed.

He has a very similar HS film as Apsay. It's very evident this staff covets accuracy in their QB recruits.

Back