What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

bU-lVZCd_400x400.jpg

Beaverton H.S. (Beaverton, OR)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SamNoyer24

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 200
40: 4.72

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr; unranked QB-P
Scout rating: 3*; #68 QB
ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #23 QB-D
247s rating: 3*-85 grade; #28 QB-D

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Eastern Washington, Hawaii, Wyoming

Hudl

[tweet]599265880850104320[/tweet]

Last edited:
just started watching his highlights, appears to have really good touch on his passes. Not a runner, but elusive enough to be dangerous it seems. Tough to tackle too. Play at 4:19 is impressive.

Last edited:
Beaverton HS produces quite a bit of Oregon's talent. Thomas Tyner is from that school.

Interesting prospect. O'Brien and Noyer are quite different from Montez and Apsay. bpa imo

Beaverton HS produces quite a bit of Oregon's talent. Thomas Tyner is from that school.

Interesting prospect. O'Brien and Noyer are quite different from Montez and Apsay. bpa imo

Yeah. Noyer was a top performer at a camp awhile back, so I checked out his video then, but I figured he wouldn't be a target at that time since he wasn't overly mobile. Good arm and frame from what I recall.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/05/sam_noyer_beaverton_3-star_qb.html

But when Colorado offensive coordinator Brian Lindgren came to watch the Beaverton standout throw recently, he believed he had finally broken through with a major conference program.

"(Lindgren) called and told me he liked my film and wanted to watch me in person," he said. "From what he said, he was blown away. I think that's what really sparked it. From there, we just kept in touch and then (Friday) morning he gave me a call, I talked to a head coach and they offered."

There's still a long way to go in the recruiting process, and with a depleted West Coast quarterback class, many programs are scrambling to find a signal-caller.

A lot can, and will, happen.

Noyer will visit Colorado and work out for Oregon State at a one-day camp in June.

Sounds like the coaches may have to convince him not to take that trip to Oregon State, depending on how it all shakes out.

just started watching his highlights, appears to have really good touch on his passes. Not a runner, but elusive enough to be dangerous it seems. Tough to tackle too. Play at 4:19 is impressive.

Great accuracy! Not a single incomplete pass! Wow!

Tyner is from Aloha which is another town next to Beaverton. Beaverton is a .500-.750 team year in an year out. They haven't been past the quarterfinals in over 15 year when they went to the finals in 97 when Taylor Barton (signed with CU '98) was the qb there. That was the last time they were great. Beaverton gets out a decent recruit every now and then but nothing consistent. Trust me, I coach up here in Oregon. They could make it happen this year and maybe get to the semis but a number of things would have to come together for them this year that they haven't been fortunate to have lately. Not sure if they'll have the firepower on D to keep up with all the better programs at their level. We'll see, far too many great team at 6A this year.

Sounds like the coaches may have to convince him not to take that trip to Oregon State, depending on how it all shakes out.

If he doesn't get the Oregon State offer, this kid is Sefo part II. A NW QB with no P5 offers despite lots of P5 coaches checking him out. Here's hoping a repeat of Sefo's recruitment.

- For me, a comparison to Sefo is not a bad thing-

A couple new write-ups on Noyer (follow the embedded links in the tweets):

[tweet]600423511199473664[/tweet]

[tweet]600414665643008001[/tweet]

Tyner is from Aloha which is another town next to Beaverton. Beaverton is a .500-.750 team year in an year out. They haven't been past the quarterfinals in over 15 year when they went to the finals in 97 when Taylor Barton (signed with CU '98) was the qb there. That was the last time they were great. Beaverton gets out a decent recruit every now and then but nothing consistent. Trust me, I coach up here in Oregon. They could make it happen this year and maybe get to the semis but a number of things would have to come together for them this year that they haven't been fortunate to have lately. Not sure if they'll have the firepower on D to keep up with all the better programs at their level. We'll see, far too many great team at 6A this year.

Thanx for the info.

Since some can't believe we didn't offer Lynch but have offered the likes of Noyer, I will do a quick comparison:

-Lynch is a slightly better runner but looks to run first, pass second
-Noyer's arm strength is far greater than Lynch's, regularly saw 25-45 yard passes placed where the receiver can pick up YAC. More zip and longer passes.

Lynch has posted two seasons with around 1250 yards passing and 51% completion percentage to go with 22 TDs to 17 INTs combined in two years.
Noyer had 2,700 yards as a junior with a 61% completion and 19 TDs in 2014.

Both have 4.7 40-yard dash times. Both are tall and lanky but Noyer is a little more "filled out" right now.
Both had pedestrian seasons record wise

I would take Noyer if you look at the two against each other.

Since some can't believe we didn't offer Lynch but have offered the likes of Noyer, I will do a quick comparison:

-Lynch is a slightly better runner but looks to run first, pass second
-Noyer's arm strength is far greater than Lynch's, regularly saw 25-45 yard passes placed where the receiver can pick up YAC. More zip and longer passes.

Lynch has posted two seasons with around 1250 yards passing and 51% completion percentage to go with 22 TDs to 17 INTs combined in two years.
Noyer had 2,700 yards as a junior with a 61% completion and 19 TDs in 2014.

Both have 4.7 40-yard dash times. Both are tall and lanky but Noyer is a little more "filled out" right now.
Both had pedestrian seasons record wise

I would take Noyer if you look at the two against each other.
nice point Digger

He just followed Domann, Stoll, Reinkensmeyer, Torres, and Sefo. Whatever that means.

I want to change Noyer's profile photo and will let AllBuffs make the call.

Option A
hqdefault.jpg

Option B
vXJQd2xC.jpg

If the suit was pink we know how DBT would vote.

Like A though for a profile.

Like this kid for us though, hope he gets on board with us before some other P5 programs come offering.

Back