What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

Everyone was pretty high on him when he was recruited. That all changed after he moved to safety then was brought back by Dorrell. I can’t imagine anyone could’ve known what kind of ability he had based on his time here up to the UCLA game.

Everyone was pretty high on him when he was recruited. That all changed after he moved to safety then was brought back by Dorrell. I can’t imagine anyone could’ve known what kind of ability he had based on his time here up to the UCLA game.
The idiots who used to coach our program should have known. Their evaluation skills must have been pathetic. I’m not sure we have ever (or in the modern era) seen a more accurate passer. Small sample size I know but it is incredible how many passes hit the receiver in stride and in the chest.

The idiots who used to coach our program should have known. Their evaluation skills must have been pathetic. I’m not sure we have ever (or in the modern era) seen a more accurate passer. Small sample size I know but it is incredible how many passes hit the receiver in stride and in the chest.
Head Explode GIF by memecandy

You looked through the first few pages of this and thought everyone was pretty high on him? Especially considering what Duff said (and he’s right), the response to signing Noyer was very average

You looked through the first few pages of this and thought everyone was pretty high on him? Especially considering what Duff said (and he’s right), the response to signing Noyer was very average
Okay, the responses were sort of meh. And what the hell does @Duff Man know anyway?

JFC. Sam is having a nice start to the season and I hope it continues. But he hasn’t even thrown 100 career passes and has a 3:3 TD to interception ratio and you’re ready to put his number in the stands at Folsom.

Relax, bub.
All I am saying is that he is more ACUURATE with his passing (His passes are more on target) than any CU quarterback in a VERY long time. I grant you that it is a very small sample size but accuracy doesn't tend to change dramatically throughout a season.

My passion is due to the fact that we have been watching Montez miss open targets and throw uncatchable balls for the last three years (To say nothing of his stupid f**king decisions)

I have to believe that Noyer had a least some of the traits we are seeing this season last year and probably had better leadership skills as well.

I'm pissed at how obviously inept MT was in this area.

Since some can't believe we didn't offer Lynch but have offered the likes of Noyer, I will do a quick comparison:

-Lynch is a slightly better runner but looks to run first, pass second
-Noyer's arm strength is far greater than Lynch's, regularly saw 25-45 yard passes placed where the receiver can pick up YAC. More zip and longer passes.

Lynch has posted two seasons with around 1250 yards passing and 51% completion percentage to go with 22 TDs to 17 INTs combined in two years.
Noyer had 2,700 yards as a junior with a 61% completion and 19 TDs in 2014.

Both have 4.7 40-yard dash times. Both are tall and lanky but Noyer is a little more "filled out" right now.
Both had pedestrian seasons record wise

I would take Noyer if you look at the two against each other.
And we got them both!

From the article:
Quarterback-turned-safety-turned back to quarterback Sam Noyer informed the University of Colorado coaching staff Monday morning that he has decided to enter the NCAA's transfer portal, thus ending the senior/graduate's Buffalo football career, and ending one of the most ridiculous off-season debates on AllBuffs in the history of the board. (bold is mine)

Best of luck to Noyer the Destroyer aka Chef Noyerdee. Always seemed to be a team-first guy. Filled in at safety when the team needed it. Came back as a veteran QB in a year of uncertainties and led us to a bowl game. I'll miss his flying leg kicks and toughness on the field. Hope he finds a good landing spot to finish his college career.

Back