What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED, he wasn't going to be top 2 on the depth chart next year. SHOCKED I tells ya.

Not surprising, but the QB room just got a lot thinner. It’s hard to blame him for wanting to find a place where he can play.

Dang…it would have been nice to have him around to be a morale guy, and game-seasoned QB. I hope he doesn’t land on another P12 team, but lands somewhere where he can show out and get a few pro looks to get a try out somewhere. Happy Trails! Thanks for the good/crazy 2020 season!

Thank you #NoyerTheDestroyer! Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Encouraging sign that a guy that was 2nd team All Pac12 didn't think he was going to be the starter this year. Hoping this means we're seeing good things from B. Lewis.

Noyer contributed. He played very well against Stanford. It’s not fair to place all of last years success at the feet of Broussard.
He certainly did. But, quite a few people are acting like it if wasn't for Noyer we wouldn't have had the season we did. I tend to favor the theory that Broussard was the bigger reason we had offensive success last year.

He certainly did. But, quite a few people are acting like it if wasn't for Noyer we wouldn't have had the season we did. I tend to favor the theory that Broussard was the bigger reason we had offensive success last year.
I would agree with that. Having a great running game can make your QB look like Joe Montana. Noyer was (is?) the classic game manager. He made enough plays to keep drives going. Not spectacular. But definitely better than any of us expected. If healthy, he can be a very solid contributor on a D-1 program.
We laugh, but he’d actually do well at a place like Nebraska. Their QB room is garbage. They could use a guy who makes good decisions, knows how to read defenses, and has some ability. So, obviously, he’ll end up at someplace like UNLV or New Mexico.

Sam gave everything a young man can give to the Buffs. Even got knocked out cold trying to save a Buff from having his skull kicked in by three thugs outside a Denver bar. Dude will easily win that job @ OSU and I wish him only one poor game, the one in Boulder.

I thought Sam had a higher ceiling than most thought on here, although I did understand why we'd want to go younger for 2021. We will see how he plays over a full season, but I can't help but think that Noyer should have gotten some starts over Montez to get in that clown's head.

Back