What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TX RB Patrick Taylor Jr. (Verbal to Memphis)

Exactly. Good move for Taylor since he wants to play running back, not linebacker like the Buffs project. Good for CU overall IMO since he seemed like a bit of a reach, given this is a smaller class, from the beginning. Best of luck to him with the Tigers.
Then I don't understand his recruitment at all. I thought the staff figured they're getting a steal, because he sure has the size and speed. If not, why bother?

Then I don't understand his recruitment at all. I thought the staff figured they're getting a steal, because he sure has the size and speed. If not, why bother?
He fits the type of guy we have ended up with repeatedly, a steal that plays for us but there are more talented kids that are interested so if they want to come here and it pushes out the potential/upside guys, then so be it.

Stop treating everything as black and white. There's so much we don't know. Grades, recent behavior, his own mental-state regarding being here or playing whatever position we want him to play, etc.

There's a lot of things that go into these things besides the measurable items, including what is the opportunity cost, especially THIS year.

I feel like the coaches should have been more patient and told the guys that were reaches that while they would be happy to have their commit, they have a limited class and they could potentially greyshirt or be asked to look somewhere that can take them immediately. Maybe they have. I see 2-3 other guys that haven't already said they will greyshirt that may be "pushed out" if the Buffs were to land some of these studs. Feel bad for the kids, but the Buffs have been taking too many potential guys and not enough guys with P5 talent/offers. Good to see some buzz this late in recruiting and some studs we just haven't got since mid-way through Hawkins disastrous tenure.
Guessing at what the coaches say or don't say, do or don't do, or most anything else that goes on behind the scenes seems a little odd - especially when presented with authority. Not a shot at just you, Digger, it comes from a lot of people. Gotta feel bad for a kid who is recruited over, but that's the way it goes - few if any here on AB know what really transpires.

Good luck to Taylor. Go Buffs!

Guessing at what the coaches say or don't say, do or don't do, or most anything else that goes on behind the scenes seems a little odd - especially when presented with authority. Not a shot at just you, Digger, it comes from a lot of people. Gotta feel bad for a kid who is recruited over, but that's the way it goes - few if any here on AB know what really transpires.

Good luck to Taylor. Go Buffs!
Yes above all else, good luck to him.

Thanks for the soft it's not you, it's everyone blow. Not sure how it goes. I will say, this staff finally looks like they are closing on some legit prospects. Unfortunately with a class of 12-15, you are going to have to tell some kids you really like that they can't turn down a better prospect. Sucks. But this is the first time the Buffs have had this many legit prospects since probably mid Hawkins years. Fortunately this staff is better, but this year tells us whether it is just slightly better or much better. #BowlGame

image_handler.aspx

Welcome to Memphis!!!
The food alone is worth the trip!

Was talking with some of the FB players today at the rec center and they all are excited to see him arrive in the fall.

Turned out to be a baller at Memphis and just got signed by the packers. Will be RB3.

Turned out to be a baller at Memphis and just got signed by the packers. Will be RB3.
So the previous coaching staff was wrong wanting to convert him to LB? Go figure. Anyway, it was fun reading through his recruiting thread.

Back