What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TX RB Patrick Taylor Jr. (Verbal to Memphis)

Henry is a bit of a freak for his length, but there's still concerns (in my mind anyway) about his short-area quicks.

The last tall RB we took, we had to quickly try to make into a LB. He did not have the short-area quicks to be a RB and he didn't have the instincts to be a LB. Cordary Clark anyone?

I'm not saying that's the case here, but our staff better know.
agree and add Polk to that

He's visiting, diva.

Diva?

tumblr_m9r2elbsvo1qcumh0o2_500.gif

Visiting Memphis per rivals
Having graduated from CU and presently a student at Memphis, I can personally recommend 4 years at CU at the foot of the Rocky Mountains versus 4 years on the east bank of the Mississippi River. CU has a special collective excitement and high energy around campus, where as Memphis has very much a commuter school vibe.

Plus Folsom field on the campus is awesome compared to the Liberty Bowl which is like 5miles down the road in an industrial park. I don't even know where the Memphis practice fields or athletic facilities are but surely they pale to the Champions Center and IPF.

Only positive for Memphis is the local food, so good. Other than that as a city pretty meh

Reactions: DBT
Best of luck to him. This is one of the only times I don't find myself mad at a commit flipping to another school. I guess signs pointed to this and now the table could be set for someone else to take this spot...

Hope this means a higher ranked recruit nabbed his spot, can't bear to think we lost a recruit we really wanted to MEMPHIS

Good luck to him. He was going to be a LB here and is a RB recruit at Memphis most likely. Still, we were the only P5 offer. Not really a huge loss IMO.

Good luck to him. He was going to be a LB here and is a RB recruit at Memphis most likely. Still, we were the only P5 offer. Not really a huge loss IMO.

Exactly. Good move for Taylor since he wants to play running back, not linebacker like the Buffs project. Good for CU overall IMO since he seemed like a bit of a reach, given this is a smaller class, from the beginning. Best of luck to him with the Tigers.

Exactly. Good move for Taylor since he wants to play running back, not linebacker like the Buffs project. Good for CU overall IMO since he seemed like a bit of a reach, given this is a smaller class, from the beginning. Best of luck to him with the Tigers.
I feel like the coaches should have been more patient and told the guys that were reaches that while they would be happy to have their commit, they have a limited class and they could potentially greyshirt or be asked to look somewhere that can take them immediately. Maybe they have. I see 2-3 other guys that haven't already said they will greyshirt that may be "pushed out" if the Buffs were to land some of these studs. Feel bad for the kids, but the Buffs have been taking too many potential guys and not enough guys with P5 talent/offers. Good to see some buzz this late in recruiting and some studs we just haven't got since mid-way through Hawkins disastrous tenure.

I get the impression that the coaches are being honest with these guys and helping them find more ideal situations well before signing day. That's a lot more than can be said for other programs out there.

I get the impression that the coaches are being honest with these guys and helping them find more ideal situations well before signing day. That's a lot more than can be said for other programs out there.
I am probably less connected to recruiting than most here but that is a sense I get too. I also feel like things shifted with DC and maybe another coming on board. We were taking solid kids into the program but then something shifted in our ability to recruit that opened some opportunities for the team to pick up higher ranked recruits. If the staff then went back to a few of the early commits and let them know what they were trying to do I think that was a respectable move.

Back