What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA WR Maurice Bell (Signed to COLORADO)

Unfortunately, I don't think he will have the opportunity just because of the guys in front of him.

We’ll see. Tucker has said that he puts a lot of weight into the scrimmages, and Bell’s name keeps coming up. He might get rotated in this year

We’ll see. Tucker has said that he puts a lot of weight into the scrimmages, and Bell’s name keeps coming up. He might get rotated in this year
I think his performances in live action have earned him an opportunity to see the field to see if he sparks something, regardless of where he might be on the depth chart. I guess we'll see if there are enough snaps and targets to go around, though.

I think his performances in live action have earned him an opportunity to see the field to see if he sparks something, regardless of where he might be on the depth chart. I guess we'll see if there are enough snaps and targets to go around, though.

I think he’ll get snaps against teams like CSU and Airforce. If he performs he’ll get his shot

If Bell performs, he has to play. Otherwise all the talk about playing the best guys is meaningless. If that means he takes snaps from a guy like Nixon or Brown, so be it.

At the very least, it means we can legitimately run a WR on a fly route every single play and eventually wear out the DBs.

If nothing else, we won’t have to see a repeat of 2017. MM may have tolerated
mediocre play from the prima donnas, but there is simply too much talent and a different mindset for that to be repeated.

If Bell performs, he has to play. Otherwise all the talk about playing the best guys is meaningless. If that means he takes snaps from a guy like Nixon or Brown, so be it.

At the very least, it means we can legitimately run a WR on a fly route every single play and eventually wear out the DBs.
but he has to be the best guy to take snaps from them. I think he will be amazing next year, but until I see him in a game, I've seen nothing that makes me say he's definitely better than Nixon or Brown. I'm fine with him taking snaps if he's better than them but right now we don't know anything of the sort other than what we hear from fluff pieces and coach speak.

but he has to be the best guy to take snaps from them. I think he will be amazing next year, but until I see him in a game, I've seen nothing that makes me say he's definitely better than Nixon or Brown. I'm fine with him taking snaps if he's better than them but right now we don't know anything of the sort other than what we hear from fluff pieces and coach speak.
Disagree. The starters will not play every down. He doesn’t have to be better than the starters. He just needs to be good enough to make some plays and force defenses to account for him for 15-20 plays per game.

After reading my initial post, I know that sounds like a contradiction. I think he has earned the chance to play. Let’s see if he can produce.

Disagree. The starters will not play every down. He doesn’t have to be better than the starters. He just needs to be good enough to make some plays and force defenses to account for him for 15-20 plays per game.

After reading my initial post, I know that sounds like a contradiction. I think he has earned the chance to play. Let’s see if he can produce.
I think we're on the same page. I thought you were talking about him taking the BULK of the snaps over those guys. I'm fine with rotating 7 of those guys to just tire out DB's. Hell if our 3rd rotation is out there making plays, just more reason for high end receivers to come to Boulder.

Back