What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

'18 TX ILB Jake Yurachek (PWO to COLORADO)

We just got a freaking steal! Without a scholarship, he also probably arrives hungry.
Nice work recruiting team! Welcome to the BnG Jake, glad to have you!

Also had a Navy offer.

Article says he measured 6'0" 231lbs on his visit. The height may have scared some programs away but there are guys who have played in the NFL at that height, the 231 again is not impressive but certainly big enough.

He had various listings at 212lbs and 220lbs and has a face that looks like he is just starting to shave. He is young for a HS senior, seems like he may be one of those guys who is simply developing later than the other HS kids the recruiters are looking at.

MM has a history of finding these late developing kids and having them turn into very good players. This one has a chance to be another one of those.

Someone made a comparison that I think works here: Jeff Smart.

Jeff, like Jake here, didn't make a lot of "wow" plays. But he made a crazy volume of "right" plays. An ILB who plays downhill while maintaining gap integrity, avoiding blockers and being a sure tackler seems to almost be a lost art. Will not surprise me at all if, like Jeff Smart, Jake Yurachek ends up being a scholarship ILB who makes a ton of tackles before he is done.

My prediction is that, at the very least, he’ll be a special teams star and an occasional backup defender.

Last edited:
Someone made a comparison that I think works here: Jeff Smart.

Jeff, like Jake here, didn't make a lot of "wow" plays. But he made a crazy volume of "right" plays. An ILB who plays downhill while maintaining gap integrity, avoiding blockers and being a sure tackler seems to almost be a lost art. Will not surprise me at all if, like Jeff Smart, Jake Yurachek ends up being a scholarship ILB who makes a ton of tackles before he is done.
Pun not intended, but Smart is probably the most intelligent LB we have ever had. Kid just knew where to be at all times.

Pun not intended, but Smart is probably the most intelligent LB we have ever had. Kid just knew where to be at all times.

You are correct about Smart, his intelligence let other more talented guys take risks because he was there to clean up a lot.

Yurachek being offered by not one but by multiple service academies says a lot about his intelligence and leadership potential. I hope the comparison to Smart turns out to be very accurate.

Last edited:
Random question, but is he related to the Yurachek on the Raiders?

Last edited:
Back