What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 Austrian OT Valentin Senn (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Dalton Risner faced less competition. His advantages were in having a dad who played, and being able to camp, but the Lower Platte League isn't the fastest, most violent place to play football.

Of course, very few farm kids are coached on the finer points of taking a soccer dive. I hope Senn adapts quickly.

Dalton Risner faced less competition. His advantages were in having a dad who played, and being able to camp, but the Lower Platte League isn't the fastest, most violent place to play football.

Of course, very few farm kids are coached on the finer points of taking a soccer dive. I hope Senn adapts quickly.

I am sure the farm kids can teach him the finer details of drawing defensive pass interference penalties for absolutely nothing, however.

Of all the schollies we offered this past cycle, I am sure HCMT looked at this long and hard to decide if he had the potential to contribute at CU and would have pulled the offer if he didn't believe he could. This is the only "diamond in the rough" high school offer that remained.

Of all the schollies we offered this past cycle, I am sure HCMT looked at this long and hard to decide if he had the potential to contribute at CU and would have pulled the offer if he didn't believe he could. This is the only "diamond in the rough" high school offer that remained.
Young Austrian football players from Slovenia to the Czech Republic will follow Senn and become University of Colorado fans. In 10 years great Austrian HS football players will flock to CU. We will have an all Austrian offensive line composed of 6’-7”, 320 lb bad asses!

Young Austrian football players from Slovenia to the Czech Republic will follow Senn and become University of Colorado fans. In 10 years great Austrian HS football players will flock to CU. We will have an all Austrian offensive line composed of 6’-7”, 320 lb bad asses!
But can they kick with both feet?

And thus proving that Larry Scott's Pac-12 presence in Asia is sooooo misguided!

P12 Net in Europe baby and we haven't even talked about the impact on hoops and skiing!

I think it’s really interesting to see the growth of American football around the world. I know the NFL is doing all it can to promote the game but I always thought the Euro’s view it as more of a curiosity than they embrace it.

For those not too aware, but interested, Senn is from a suburb of Innsbruck, which hosted a winter olympics a few times, including in 1976, after DENVER withdrew!

This part of Western Austria is also known as Tyrol, and played significant roles in both WW's. Tyrol is the area that encompasses the far western part of Austria and a portion of what is now Northern Italy, where German is the primary language.

I was looking online to see if I could get a practice schedule for the UA All American game, but couldn’t find it. I know last year they televised some of the practices on ESPNU. While the commentators are usually pretty vanilla in their comments, you can usually get some interesting nuggets of information. We should find out a bit more on Senn this coming week. He will be going one on one with some of the nation’s elite DEs in practice and tackle is one of the positions where you can get some good scouting.

I don’t normally watch HS All Star games but may make an exception if I’m not busy.

Big opportunity for him to get a significant ratings bump if he performs well this week.

Back