What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA PG Rejean "Boogie" Ellis (Verbal to Duke)

Losing a basketball recruit to Duke is like losing a football recruit to Alabama. I won’t feel too bad about this one.

We’re plenty good enough to get this kind of recruit.

I agree with you but consistently finishing 5th to 10th in the Pac-12 does hurt. I believe in Tad Boyle, but unless we begin finishing in the top 4 more consistently, thus winning more often, we likely don't stand a chance in grabbing many players of this caliber. I'm just saying.

Memphis is the school from what the rumor mill is saying. Can you imagine losing a 5 star and still be ranked number 1 in the class.

Memphis is the school from what the rumor mill is saying. Can you imagine losing a 5 star and still be ranked number 1 in the class.

It's about winning National Championships, not Signing Periods. Too often coaches get lost in that whole mess and they end up putting together a team that doesn't fit what they are trying to do. Avery Johnson and Antoine Pettway recruited to make Rivals, 247 happy... they didn't get anything out of it. In fact, Pettway recruited really well for Anthony Grant too and the results were the same.
Virginia, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Tennessee, Michigan, Purdue all recruit well, but are not getting hyped by recruiting media. They find the guys who fit what they are trying to accomplish and the style they want to play.

Here are the seven best fit coaches for Boogie Ellis based on metrics... the common theme are coaches who want to spread the floor and play 4 and 5 out Basketball on offense to cater to Boogie's penchant for shooting 3s.
upload_2019-5-6_22-54-53.png

It's about winning National Championships, not Signing Periods. Too often coaches get lost in that whole mess and they end up putting together a team that doesn't fit what they are trying to do. Avery Johnson and Antoine Pettway recruited to make Rivals, 247 happy... they didn't get anything out of it. In fact, Pettway recruited really well for Anthony Grant too and the results were the same.
Virginia, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Tennessee, Michigan, Purdue all recruit well, but are not getting hyped by recruiting media. They find the guys who fit what they are trying to accomplish and the style they want to play.

Here are the seven best fit coaches for Boogie Ellis based on metrics... the common theme are coaches who want to spread the floor and play 4 and 5 out Basketball on offense to cater to Boogie's penchant for shooting 3s.
View attachment 29625

WTF is this witchcraft?

View attachment 29625
Agreed I was only commenting that a school, Duke in this case can lose a highly rated player like Ellis and still have the number 1 rated class. I think it's safe to say coach K is fair at knowing how to build a program.

Agreed I was only commenting that a school, Duke in this case can lose a highly rated player like Ellis and still have the number 1 rated class. I think it's safe to say coach K is fair at knowing how to build a program.
FBI agrees.

Back