What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

‘19 TX RB D.J. Oats (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Don’t be so sensitive, I was using your quote as an illustration. I don’t disagree with what you posted.

Over on 247 someone posted a ranking of new coaches’ recruiting classes, Tucker is third out of a dozen or so. Way above Maryland, Louisville, and the many others. Les has the 113th class right now.

He’s one spot above what MM left, and no, that doesn’t thrill me. I’m hoping the next month proves something, but improvement next year is a must, IMO.

To be fair, if his staff actually coaches up the kids we will look worlds better. Especially along the OL, which is what killed us last year. If MM had fired KA and hired someone with Kap’s creditials, he would probably still be the CU coach. OL coaching and play killed us. Again.

You prefer 247 or rivals ratings?
Depends on the part of the country. For in-state and basically our region, I think 247 is better by a wide margin. 247 also hired away from Rivals a lot of the regional analysts I like. But there's usually not a huge spread among them (including ESPN) when they go back and rate who was most accurate based on college performance. Because of that, I think the 247sports Composite that averages the sites is probably the most useful since it normalizes the outlier high & low ratings on players.

Which moves CU to 45th in the country and 7th in the Pac 12.

Just came to post that too, nice bump. We’re not done yet, see how they finish out. Coaches are finishing strong with all the transition.

On topic. Oats got a nice bump! Makes the coaches look smart. Back to what I said a few days ago about giving them the benefit of the doubt because we don’t know how good they are at evaluating. Jumping on him before anyone could rate him and him getting an 84 looks good. It’s nice to see that.

So stoked to see this kid play in Folsom. Very little wasted motion, a small move and he's past defenders in a blink. Wow.
I hope the staff gives him a few opportunities in practice to see what he looks like on offense. CU doesn’t have that home run threat at RB

Honestly I had no idea he was on the team until I read this thread. Too bad. A dude that fast should be able to contribute. Punt/kickoff? Track?

Bummer for him. Pretty stacked at RB for a while, though. I can see him having trouble seeing the field with Broussard, Clayton and Fontenot all needing their touches, too. Hope he finds a good landing spot.

Back