What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 AZ WDE Jason Harris (SIGNED to COLORADO)

He loves b-ball why should you decide what he should be doing. I’m so sick of kids being forced to concentrate on one sport when clearly they are good in many.
He decided that because it is unrealistic to play defensive end in the pac 12 and also be able to play basketball.

He loves b-ball why should you decide what he should be doing. I’m so sick of kids being forced to concentrate on one sport when clearly they are good in many.

giphy.gif

Interesting juxtaposition. I think it’s odd that Harris is rated so much higher by 247 as a basketball prospect than as a football prospect. Power forward requires far more skills than defensive end and his dad had 8 seasons in the NFL...Also, Jamal Mashburn’s son is tiny.

BEA5387A-C6EC-46F1-B68F-CB4458543FBE.jpeg

Interesting juxtaposition. I think it’s odd that Harris is rated so much higher by 247 as a basketball prospect than as a football prospect. Power forward requires far more skills than defensive end and his dad had 8 seasons in the NFL...Also, Jamal Mashburn’s son is tiny.

View attachment 33349

What? He’s a 92 in both sports.

Edit: I guess that would be composite, he’s a 90 based solely off 247.

What? He’s a 92 in both sports.

Edit: I guess that would be composite, he’s a 90 based solely off 247.

On 247, He’s the #90 player overall in basketball and he’s in the 300’s in football. It’s quite the disparity.

On 247, He’s the #90 player overall in basketball and he’s in the 300’s in football. It’s quite the disparity.

Yeah and there’s also 104 players in the 2020 basketball ranks that ranked 88. The lowest ranked player in the football ranks top 251 is a 90.

I am pretty sure he is NOT playing basketball this year. The Higley team is like 0-10 and he's not listed on the roster.
This is a good article, talks about the basketball injuries he's had that kept him from working out until really this year.

Looks like Higley isn't a basketball power at all.

Don't have any problem with him enjoying his last year of high school. Probably has played basketball with a lot of those kids for years. Based on holic's post doesn't look like he is playing this year but I'd understand if he did.

As to picking football over basketball in college if he is focused on academics the football season makes that easier than basketball. If he wants to go pro not a lot of 6'7" power forwards in the NBA. Also may just be that he wants to play football more than basketball.

Bottom line is that it's his decision,

Not really. A football team has 85 scholarship players compared to 13 (I think) for a basketball team.
Also have over 200 players drafted for NFL each year compared to 60 for NBA. And that NBA number is a bit misleading since the late 1st round thru the end of the 2nd is mostly sign & stash to either Euro or G League.

Mel Tucker on Jason Harris (News 4):
“When it’s all said and done he’s going to be a 255, 260 pound, you know, 6’-8” pass rusher that can stop the run and, you know, that can get after the, get after the quarterback. Umm, he’s going to be very, very active. Umm, I’m looking, I’m looking for big things outa him. He’s a great guy, a great young man. He wants to be a great player. He’s going to put the work in and we’re going to develop him.”

Two of the top ten players from AZ signed? A good sign if that is the case. We need to continue to be relentless in Arizona!

Two of the top ten players from AZ signed? A good sign if that is the case. We need to continue to be relentless in Arizona!
A lot of kids just want to leave home. That bites our in State recruiting but certainly helps in out of state recruiting.

A lot of kids just want to leave home. That bites our in State recruiting but certainly helps in out of state recruiting.

As a Coloradoan growing up, I always wanted to go to Arizona for college which didn't happen. I'm thinking the same thought applies to Arizona football players. Not a bad trade off as long as we take advantage.

Reactions: DBT
HCKD has some work to do. He should take a lesson from Tad, a la Alec Burks. Hop on a
plane and visit his parents. If allowed by the NCAA.

Back