What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 AZ WR Brenden Rice (SIGNED to COLORADO)

How’s my arm strength?
one GIF

I don't blame him for leaving, wish he wouldn't at the same time. Dude has plenty of pressure with who his dad is, only the best wr of all time. Won't get into their relationship, that's their business. Wish him luck.

man alive - and it was even day 2....i can tolerate 1st drill or even 1st day jitters, but this kid....is just....dude.
You guys have excessive standards. Granted he can't throw to his left. It's fine he can't throw to his right. It's not a problem that his release is so low they will all be blocked at this level. I don't forsee any issues that when pressured he turns his back to the line of scrimmage. I am confident that if the new (unknown) wr coach plays 7'0" receivers with wicked speed to catch up to the overthrown balls down the middle, the guy is the next Tom Brady. Every problem/sssss have a solution.

Someone needs to explain to me again how the portal will help ALL teams and it's only fair to the players after all.

CU could be perfectly optimizing the NIL and this **** would still be happening. We could be getting less pillaged, but we'd be getting pillaged.

Really dumb system for "competitive sports".

Someone needs to explain to me again how the portal will help ALL teams and it's only fair to the players after all.

CU could be perfectly optimizing the NIL and this **** would still be happening. We could be getting less pillaged, but we'd be getting pillaged.

Really dumb system for "competitive sports".
Don't blame the NIL on the transfers. This all starts with RG hiring an idiot to run the program.

Buffs are a farm club. We develop players and when Usc or Oregon need them, say your goodbyes.

dorrell was a crummy hire and while RG has lost his luster, his hands are tied by school/admin/board that largely despises big money sports.

It is what it is.

Don't blame the NIL on the transfers. This all starts with RG hiring an idiot to run the program.
Given our fan base, if Rick would have played it perfectly, I still think CU comes out the loser in most of these deals. Dollars speak and this program doesn't have those weapons to compete. I've said it for a year now, but Nebraska is going to bid on every player we develop. Not just Nebraska but that hurts more so I use it. They can shop and we are never going to be in a good spot to match it. Lets quit kidding ourselves.

Given our fan base, if Rick would have played it perfectly, I still think CU comes out the loser in most of these deals. Dollars speak and this program doesn't have those weapons to compete. I've said it for a year now, but Nebraska is going to bid on every player we develop. Not just Nebraska but that hurts more so I use it. They can shop and we are never going to be in a good spot to match it. Lets quit kidding ourselves.
I suspect you are more right than wrong.

This’d be like leaving your wife and kids and moving in with the hawt next door neighbor.

I really liked Brenden Rice, he was obviously under-utilized in Boulder. I am hoping he will have success... However with the addition of two likely first round picks transferring into USC, Rice is suddenly the odd man out. Oops.

I really liked Brenden Rice, he was obviously under-utilized in Boulder. I am hoping he will have success... However with the addition of two likely first round picks transferring into USC, Rice is suddenly the odd man out. Oops.
And that’s not even considering the WR talent they always/already had in place. There was no guarantee Rice was going to be a regular starter before USC brings in the best WR in the country. Truly sad, as he clearly would have been WR1 here. I am regularly astonished by the choice so many kids make to place themselves behind a ton of talent at the big schools, risking riding the bench (playing Special Teams) when they could be the star at another school, even with a worse record on a worse team. You have to be on the field to get enough tape to make it to Sunday. That tape doesn’t have to be prime time/ESPN game of the week.

Rice is going to start for USC. He's that good.

Rice is going to start for USC. He's that good.
He will certainly get the chance and yes he is good enough to lock up a starting job. If he is as good as he expects himself to be he will only be at USC one year.

Riley put a lot of WRs into the draft at Oklahoma. If Rice performs like he is capable of it would be no surprise if he isn't in the top half of the draft next year.

Even if he doesn't start a 3rd or even 4th WR under Riley's system may get more opportunity to shine than the top WR at CU trotting back to the huddle or sideline after his QB is flushed or sacked again.

And if what was mentioned someplace on this board before is true his NIL money already make him much better off financially than he would be at CU.

I hate $C but considering where our program is right now it's hard to blame a young man for deciding to bet on himself and take the opportunity to be a part of a program with playoff aspirations and a coach with a history of getting guys drafted.

I wish him well. But he was kinda the odd man out in the Spring game. Didn’t get any separation. He was clearly 3 option. And that was before Addison came. I think he struggle to get on the field.
You know, USC is going to roll teams and backups will be playing by mid 3rd quarter putting up stats similar to CU starters. Gonna be like Chip's Duck teams and some of the recent Bama squads.

You know, USC is going to roll teams and backups will be playing by mid 3rd quarter putting up stats similar to CU starters. Gonna be like Chip's Duck teams and some of the recent Bama squads.
Eh, maybe, but probably not. Again, with 3 of the best offenses in the country and Heisman winning/caliber QBs at OU, WR3 stats in those offenses were around 30/350/2.

Back