What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA RB Ashaad Clayton (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Ashaad opted out of the bowl game with KMIII. KD believes they are coming back in the spring. I'll believe it when I see it, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed after his improper usage this year.

*** In addition to running back Ashaad Clayton, fellow true freshman Keith Miller has opted out of playing in the Alamo Bowl.

6COMMENTS
"Both of those guys are planning to come back in the spring semester," Dorrell said.

I'm not convinced he was used improperly. Broussard was clearly the better player and I don't think any of us are aware of how they did in practice, film room quizzes, etc. I would have liked to seen him take the number 2 spot away from everyone else and run with it but there appears to be a rotation there between the next 3 guys. I didn't get to see a lot of him but Clayton looked the best of those three in the minimal amount of work they all got. It's a bizarre choice for him to choose to skip this game. There should be enough carries for both of them next year but with Fontenot coming back this RB room is super full of talent right now.

I am hoping he is back (most obvious sentiment) and believe that although he didnt get much run this year some part of Ashaad has to be encouraged by the success Brou has had this year. And the Buffs had to boot.

On the sidelines Ashaad seemed to be gregarious with his teammates and I am hopeful that he is making a decision to be home with his family and refresh his system.

COVID has been a mind **** for most of us and I cant blame the kid for needing some time off.

I'm not convinced he was used improperly. Broussard was clearly the better player and I don't think any of us are aware of how they did in practice, film room quizzes, etc. I would have liked to seen him take the number 2 spot away from everyone else and run with it but there appears to be a rotation there between the next 3 guys. I didn't get to see a lot of him but Clayton looked the best of those three in the minimal amount of work they all got. It's a bizarre choice for him to choose to skip this game. There should be enough carries for both of them next year but with Fontenot coming back this RB room is super full of talent right now.

Nobody in their right mind is debating Broussard over him. The debate is should he have been the 2nd guy up-and the answer there is yes. Only thing that could change that is something we don't know.

Nobody in their right mind is debating Broussard over him. The debate is should he have been the 2nd guy up-and the answer there is yes. Only thing that could change that is something we don't know.
A true frosh transferring due to not getting enough backup carries in 5 game season (in which he was injured in training camp) would be ridiculous. I can see wanting to hang at home an extra few weeks instead of going to bowl and getting 2 carries.

A true frosh transferring due to not getting enough backup carries in 5 game season (in which he was injured in training camp) would be ridiculous. I can see wanting to hang at home an extra few weeks instead of going to bowl and getting 2 carries.
I think the frustration we fans had and I'd expect he shares is that his usage went down to give snaps to someone who was a JAG who did the job as drawn up but never made a play. Clayton showed he can make plays.

I don't think he's gone, and didn't say anything about him leaving in my post. I am questioning Davis being 2nd guy up in that rotation.

I think the frustration we fans had and I'd expect he shares is that his usage went down to give snaps to someone who was a JAG who did the job as drawn up but never made a play. Clayton showed he can make plays.
Are you talking about those 3 yard td runs against a D that gave up 300 yards to our starting RB?
I hope Clayton’s awesome. He will have every opportunity to prove it next year.

Are you talking about those 3 yard td runs against a D that gave up 300 yards to our starting RB?
I hope Clayton’s awesome. He will have every opportunity to prove it next year.
Yes. Showed he could make short yardage plays to score a couple TDs and then still averaged 4.4 per carry. Davis averaged 1.8 yards per carry after averaging 2.2 last year - and has yet to score a touchdown. It seems to be a pretty easy decision to play the more productive guy, especially when he has a much higher ceiling, no?

I don't agree with AC's usage and he should have played before Davis and got more carries, but you are correct in that it was a 5 game season. I'm not sure what decision AC will make in coming back, but I try not to read too much into it, until the decision is made. IMO, unless the coaching staff were going to agree to feature him (like 10 carries) in the bowl game, the option of permitting him to go home a few weeks is not a bad thing. I think for the rest of the Frosh or RS-Frosh, who would not see the field very much (ie. not in the two deep, or three deep--I do think any team has to bring a three deep) it is a good option, unless of course the player wants to attend the bowl game. I see how this CoVid would be tough for any Frosh being away from home the 1st time, especially an emotional kid, and it could be KD & staff way to show understanding of the overall circumstances. I think it will eventually shake out...

Also, someone will remind me that AC opted out. Certainly, that is the reporting and the official line; but the question is whether he opted out with the blessing of the KD/staff and the team, given the overall circumstances, and that is not known unless someone is privy to the back and forth.

He looks like a good young player. Hope he stays. The right decision is to stay and earn the starting job. But if he opts to transfer, will wish him the best, will find a replacement.

Davis must be a hell of a quiz taker.
I am assuming that is exactly it. Maybe Davis knows what the audibles are, where to pick up blitzes, etc... so the coaching staff rewarded him with some carries. I think Clayton is the better talent. I'm just guessing why Davis is getting some carries. Also can Clayton run pass patterns? I'm not sure I saw him run any this year. I think Davis did.

Broussard / Fontenot / Clayton would be our best RB depth chart in a long time. I hope he stays because I'd much rather see Broussard get longer breaks on the sideline after busting off those long runs.

I mean, they have a slightly better recruiting class than us, but really want to transfer to an 0-9 team?

hopefully Drew Wilson's departure won't affect too much, he used to work at Kansas, so who knows if he'll land there next

I mean, they have a slightly better recruiting class than us, but really want to transfer to an 0-9 team?

hopefully Drew Wilson's departure won't affect too much, he used to work at Kansas, so who knows if he'll land there next
He came from Maryland I thought

Just to be clear, this is a picture he posts a bunch on his stories. It’s a friend from Louisiana, Pooka Williams who is entering the NFL draft this year.

Reactions: dio
Back