What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

giphy.gif

Tight Ends and Tackles in the Pac12 are now checking under their beds and closing closet doors before going to bed at night...

My first guess:

DE Mustafa Johnson
NT Jalen Sami
DE Antonio Alfano
OLB Carson Wells
ILB Nate Landman
ILB Akil Jones
OLB Guy Thomas

I definitely can see that as his natural position, but Alfano's tape shows him standing up in what looks like a 3/4 OLB position alot...could he be our Rush OLB we are desperately looking for in 2020. He is so athletic and big he is definitely a utility knife along the defensive front.

I think Wells might have a hard time holding on to his spot. I’d guess the two deep will be very important this year. This will be fun

With his athleticism, he has to be a 5 technique in this D. I think his size pretty much dictates he will have his hand on the ground, even though he has great quicks for a guy his size. I suppose he could be a 7 technique if they went 4-3, but I really do not see a defensive scheme change.

You see him more as 3 technique? I guess I evvisioned him as 5 in the base D, meaning he would be in rotation with Lang.
I see him all over the place in the 4 front Money alignment, both inside and outside.

I think he could play any of the three spots, but as Nik said above, a rotation to keep Mustafa fresher sounds ideal.

Back