What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

To be clear (and I'm not sure if you're referring to me), I'm not mocking the importance of new uniforms in attracting recruits. In our circumstance (not a winning program in our recruits' memories) it's probably pretty important.

I'm mocking the people that pretend they care because of the importance to recruiting, but obviously personally really, really care what dudes wear when they play football.

Fair enough, and I would agree that any excitement about new uniforms should come from the idea that they will hopefully help recruiting. On the other hand, a program's uniforms are a huge part of their overall brand. Recruiting aside, nobody wants their team repping the garbage bags that Maryland puts on every Saturday, and I think that has a lot to do with the interest surrounding seeing what they look like.

I had [MENTION=127]Goose[/MENTION] buy me some crocs for $5. Great camping/easy yard work shoe!

Those black/gold/silver Oregon jerseys are amazing

See, this is where I have the disconnect with the uniform stuff. Oregon's colors are green and yellow. Isn't a uniform, at a fundamental level, suppose to identify the entity that a group represents?

I guess in this case, it makes the fundamental statement that they represent Nike.

See, this is where I have the disconnect with the uniform stuff. Oregon's colors are green and yellow. Isn't a uniform, at a fundamental level, suppose to identify the entity that a group represents?

I guess in this case, it makes the fundamental statement that they represent Nike.

I think Oregon can get away with whatever they want because it's part of their identity now. But it's already gotten out of hand with everybody else going crazy with their alt-uni's, there were a few games last year where it took a minute to figure out who's playing.

I think Oregon can get away with whatever they want because it's part of their identity now. But it's already gotten out of hand with everybody else going crazy with their alt-uni's, there were a few games last year where it took a minute to figure out who's playing.

I think there are a large number of CU fans who would think it was great if CU had a "state flag" alt uni of blue, red and yellow.

It's almost time!!!

[video=youtube;03C4tnCFEMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03C4tnCFEMQ[/video]

7drHiqr.gif

I'll start caring about what the uniforms look like when the team starts winning.

I can't wait for CU_Video's take on the jerseys... I imagine that they will have something pretty special (as they always do)

Back