What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

Ugh. I really hate the idea of selling stadium naming rights here. I know it's a business, but I hate this part of it.

It all has to be for the right price. Obviously there is a certain value there they will not go over but they of all companies know the cyclical nature of CFB. Who knows, could easily be explored.
If by the right price, you mean CU would actually have to pay Nike to put their name on the stadium, then I agree.

Ugh. I really hate the idea of selling stadium naming rights here. I know it's a business, but I hate this part of it.

For the most part I agree, although some companies wouldn't bother me. Back when Frontier was a great airline, I was really hoping they would buy the rights. Frontier Stadium at Folsom Field had an awesome Colorado sound to it.

I looked up the 3rd guy - Alex Brink - out of curiosity. He's a former Wazzoo qb who most recently played for Montreal in the cfl.

Oregon State lost another 2016 signee due to failure to qualify academically. Along with Shurod Thompson, WR Tyson Penn failed to qualify and won't enroll.

tumblr_m38a6vcu421rr2ly5o1_400.gif

SIAP but thought this was worth mentioning

Awesome that they approved it. Saw that they were some other pieces as well.

Bonus for football attendance avg over 42000
Bonus for basketball attendance avg over 9800
Rolling one year extension like they have for Boyle and MacIntyre
Increase in base salary from 700,000 to 754,314

Oregon just lost one of its most explosive players. Special teams stud last year who was being talked about in the spring as a major weapon for them this year. 2015 4* WR from Louisiana they beat Alabama for.

They're really, really thin at RB. They gave Bolden and Lucas, both receivers, 60 carries last year out of necessity. They have 1 exp RB on their roster in Ryan Nall. Behind him they have a senior who didn't carry last year, and lightly recruited true freshman. Yikes.

Who was that load of a RB that killed us in our game with them? Dude had no wiggle, but was carrying guys on north-south runs.

Back