What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 College Football News

Anyone else thinking this could be a bonkers CFB weekend?

Georgia is a 7pt favorite @Tennessee. This just feels like a prime Butch Jones win when everyone counts them out while Georgia is expected to win so naturally they’ll fall on their face and completely f up the SEC East lol.

Vandy could beat Florida on the road. Del Rio is a statue which is perfect for Vandy’s defense. Florida is a 10pt favorite, seems like there is no way.

Virginia Tech is undefeated, balanced, and it’s at home. They seem like the perfect team to upset Clemson.

USC @ Washington State

FSU @ WF for the lulz

Iowa @ Michigan State is always fun

Indiana @ Penn State

One of those weird weeks where something even crazier could happen like Ole Miss/Bama, Oklahoma St/Texas Tech, or Washington/Oregon State. Of course it could all go to plan too lol.

Good for him. I wish I could have been in college for 6 years

He's on the Tommy Boy plan.

FWwJEKs.gif

giphy.gif

So does this end up getting all over McElwain? So far despite not having much offense they have managed to win two SEC games and only lose to Michigan. Results matter down there but will this eventually end up making the coaching staff look bad enough to put their jobs at risk?

This is why I had such a visceral reaction to Nussmeier in the other thread. They are currently 81st in scoring offense, only slightly ahead of a CU offense that everyone agrees is really struggling.

Going back to 2014 at Michigan, here are the ranks for Nussmeier's offenses:

2014-111th
2015-100th
2016-107th

Yeah, I don’t really know wtf is wrong just by watching them play. Obviously, QB development has been an issue. They also feel like a Stone Age offense where their only counter to a blitz is a screen pass. Muschamp and T-Rob at least had fun defenses and DBU lol. McElwain and Butch Jones are only entertaining in a “what will happen next” sort of way.

Actually makes me somewhat more impressed with McElwain. He has absolutely no offense and has won the SEC East every year and currently sits alone atop the East again. His lowest win total has been 9 wins in a season. The dude can coach and if he can get his offense going, they will be top 5 annually.

Ayy lmao.

Also, how good has Jim Leonhard been as Wisconsin’s new DC? Might have been one of the biggest questions marks of the off-season honestly. Most people believed Wisconsin could run the table because of a conference friendly slate, but I think everyone (justifiably) questioned if they could transition to another DC who is young and hadn’t called plays before. Wisconsin is currently a top 5 defense and top 10 in sacks and they’ve been hit pretty damn hard by injuries. No doubt a good system is in place from the AD, but the guy has a damn good mind for football.

Honest question: for you, should Penn State jump Alabama if they win the next 3 games against Michigan, @Ohio State, and @Michigan State? Not asking if it will happen, just what everyone’s personal feeling about that would be.

Also, some weird betting lines this week again. LSU favored by more than a TD @Ole Miss? Wtf. So LSU is gifted two terrible coaching implosions in back to back weeks and we forgive them for losing to Troy? Lol. It’d be one thing if it wasn’t just questionable coaching like Auburn has. LSU just looks kind of average everywhere. I don’t trust them to beat anyone, let alone on the road.

UNC/VT and Maryland/Wisconsin have both home teams being favored by 21 and 24pts respectively. VT and Wisconsin are two of my favorite non-Buffs teams but these lines seem high.

OU is a 14pt favorite @KSU which seems to high. USC/ND should be fun, feels like a definite shootout. Hoping USC wins.

Honest question: for you, should Penn State jump Alabama if they win the next 3 games against Michigan, @Ohio State, and @Michigan State? Not asking if it will happen, just what everyone’s personal feeling about that would be.

Also, some weird betting lines this week again. LSU favored by more than a TD @Ole Miss? Wtf. So LSU is gifted two terrible coaching implosions in back to back weeks and we forgive them for losing to Troy? Lol. It’d be one thing if it wasn’t just questionable coaching like Auburn has. LSU just looks kind of average everywhere. I don’t trust them to beat anyone, let alone on the road.

UNC/VT and Maryland/Wisconsin have both home teams being favored by 21 and 24pts respectively. VT and Wisconsin are two of my favorite non-Buffs teams but these lines seem high.

OU is a 14pt favorite @KSU which seems to high. USC/ND should be fun, feels like a definite shootout. Hoping USC wins.
I think Alabama has earned the right to remain the highest ranked undefeated team, regardless of what other teams do, until they are knocked off.

I think they should be at least getting many first place votes if they complete that stretch undefeated. Although I have to say Michigan looks more and more like a team who was severely overrated in the preseason.

Stanford and Wisconsin seem like odd teams to hate. I get wanting to see a Pac 12 "rival" lose, but they are like #10 on the list of Pac 12 teams for me. I'm also a Wisconsin fan as my "second team", so I'm biased, but of all the other big programs in the country, I don't see how people can hate them. To each his own, I guess.

Edit: onalcd beat me to it lol

Stanford and Wisconsin seem like odd teams to hate. I get wanting to see a Pac 12 "rival" lose, but they are like #10 on the list of Pac 12 teams for me. I'm also a Wisconsin fan as my "second team", so I'm biased, but of all the other big programs in the country, I don't see how people can hate them. To each his own, I guess.

Edit: onalcd beat me to it lol
I am going to guess racism, that is the only reason someone could hate Wisconsin, they just hate white people lol.

Hate-worthy candidates for me would have to include Oregon, UCLA, Texas A&M, and to some extent Michigan. Not Stanford & Wisco....

Back