What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I think Urban is done after this year. He is going to die on the sidelines if he doesn't quit.

The Ash thing is funny, all the HS coaches thought he was gone but all the media people around the team were saying he was definitely coming back. Chris Carlin for example.

And to the poster a few above who think USC have a better than 50/50 chance to win? Bet the money line I guess.
I think ND are going to smoke them and Dex has 4 TDs.

Can I just say I'm really enjoying USC sucking at football?

Course, I'd enjoy it more if we had actually beaten this sucky USC team, but I'll take what I can get.

Interesting mention on SiriusXM PAC-12 channel was that the reason USC is planning on keeping Helton for another year is because the plan is to let Urban Meyer leave OSU after this season and take a 1 year sabbatical before being hired by USC.

Also usc has a bunch of lawsuits they are fighting and boosters would have to step up for heltons buyout. Which could happen if ND mud holes them this weekend.

Also usc has a bunch of lawsuits they are fighting and boosters would have to step up for heltons buyout. Which could happen if ND mud holes them this weekend.
Nothing is going to get decided at USC until they choose a new President and that person makes a decision on AD. That seems to be the prevailing wisdom from USC insiders.

Are they even close to hiring a President yet?
Haven't heard anything. They're being rightly careful, it seems, after the scandal. When your President has to resign because of hundreds of complaints from students about sexual abuse and misconduct going back to the 90s with the guy, you've got to be pretty damn careful with your next hire.

Haven't heard anything. They're being rightly careful, it seems, after the scandal. When your President has to resign because of hundreds of complaints from students about sexual abuse and misconduct going back to the 90s with the guy, you've got to be pretty damn careful with your next hire.

Good point. I’ll gladly take the side benefit of keeping Helton for another season.

Are they even close to hiring a President yet?

No. USC staff and students were sent an email a couple weeks ago from the board of trustees updating us on the search process. See below for an excerpt. Best case scenario, they hire someone early next year. Then, that person would need to make a decision on Swann, conduct their own search if they choose to fire him, then the new AD they brought in would make a decision on Helton.

Unless the BoT decides to act on their own to fire Helton, it’s looking like he comes back.

“The committee is now using the Candidate Profile to develop a strong, diverse pool of candidates who reflect the qualifications and character that our community expects. We will spend the rest of this calendar year conducting confidential outreach to prospective candidates, with a view to scheduling in-person interviews in early 2019. If you wish to nominate someone whom you believe matches the Candidate Profile, please email uscpresident@imsearch.com.

As I have stated before, our goal is to complete the search as soon as possible but the committee will take as much time as necessary to identify the very best leader for USC. In the meantime, I continue to be grateful to interim President Wanda Austin for her leadership and steady hand in running the University.”

Interesting mention on SiriusXM PAC-12 channel was that the reason USC is planning on keeping Helton for another year is because the plan is to let Urban Meyer leave OSU after this season and take a 1 year sabbatical before being hired by USC.

I heard another interview also saying that USC might retain Helton although it wasn't because they want to wait for Meyer, instead it was more a combination of the ongoing lawsuit and the large buyout for Helton. Plus the uncertainty around the situation with the university president.

Unless they throw a crap ton at him that Clemson can’t match; there is no way he’s going anywhere. He has two kids. One is at CU and one is getting ready to go. He’s a DC and doesn’t have to deal with near the stuff that a head coach would. He’s loved here in SC and could be a career DC.

Unless they throw a crap ton at him that Clemson can’t match; there is no way he’s going anywhere. He has two kids. One is at CU and one is getting ready to go. He’s a DC and doesn’t have to deal with near the stuff that a head coach would. He’s loved here in SC and could be a career DC.
You think Clemson would match what TT would pay for a HC? That’d be ridiculous.

if i'm Venables i want no part of being back in the Big XII (as a D coach).....or trying to be good on D on that fast track putt putt surface they play on in Lubbock. bad fit, imo. there are better first time jobs out there. even if it's not this year.

Are we talking about Baylor? Vandy? Michigan State? Florida/Ohio State? Who are we talking about?

Back