What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Colorado Men's Basketball Roster & Schedule

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
2018-2019 CU Schedule:

DATEOPPONENTTIMETV Result
Tue, Nov 13vsDrake6:00 PM
Fri, Nov 16vsOmaha7:00 PM
Tue, Nov 20@San Diego8:00 PM
Sat, Nov 24@Air Force4:00 PM
Wed, Nov 28vsPortland7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 1vsColorado St1:00 PM
Tue, Dec 4vsSouth Dakota7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 8vsUIC4:00 PM
Tue, Dec 11@New Mexico7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 22vsIndiana St *1:00 PMESPNU
Thu, Jan 3@ Arizona7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 5@Arizona St7:00 PM
Thu, Jan 10vsWashington St7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 12vs25 Washington8:00 PMESPNU
Sun, Jan 20@Utah4:00 PMESPNU
Thu, Jan 24@California9:00 PM
Sat, Jan 26@Stanford6:00 PM
Thu, Jan 31vsOregon St7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 2vs14 Oregon7:30 PM
Wed, Feb 6@21 UCLA7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 9@USC8:00 PM
Wed, Feb 13vs Arizona St8:30 PM
Sun, Feb 17vs Arizona6:00 PM ESPNU
Wed, Feb 20@ Washington St8:00 PM
Sat, Feb 23@ Washington8:30 PM
Sat, Mar 2vs Utah4:00 PM ESPNU
Thu, Mar 7vs UCLA7:00 PM
Sat, Mar 9vs USC3:00 PM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2018-2019 CU Roster

NONAMEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
21Evan BatteyF6' 8"264 lbsFRView Park, CA
1Tyler BeyG6' 7"218 lbsSOLas Vegas, NV
14Deleon BrownG6' 4"165 lbsJRGrand Rapids, MI
15Jakub DombekF6' 11"190 lbsFROstrava, Czech Republic
34Benan ErsekG6' 2"170 lbsFRVienna, Austria
0Shane GatlingG6' 2"181 lbsJRBaldwin, NY
2Daylen KountzG6' 4"185 lbsFRDenver, CO
12AJ MartinkaG6' 5"195 lbsSOStanwood, WA
33Aidan McQuadeG6' 2"185 lbsSOLoveland, CO
24Eli ParquetG6' 3"192 lbsFRBeaumont, TX
30Frank RyderF6' 10"240 lbsSOBoulder, CO
5D'Shawn SchwartzG6' 7"226 lbsSOColorado Springs, CO
23Lucas SiewertF6' 10"230 lbsJRSanta Catarina, Brazil
10Alexander StratingF6' 7"227 lbsSOWassenaar, Netherlands
35Dallas WaltonF7' 0"235 lbsSOArvada, CO
13Namon WrightG6' 5"197 lbsSRLos Angeles, CA
25McKinley Wright IVG6' 0"195 lbsSOMinneapolis, MN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CU @ Air Force tickets are bought for the November 24th game... look forward to seeing a ton of Buffs there. We also bought tickets for the CU @ New Mexico game and hope to see some black and gold at the Pit, which will be a fun experience and a good game for an ESPN 2 telecast. Expect a fun season out of this squad! Anyone else planning on Air Force or UNM games???

CU @ Air Force tickets are bought for the November 24th game... look forward to seeing a ton of Buffs there. We also bought tickets for the CU @ New Mexico game and hope to see some black and gold at the Pit, which will be a fun experience and a good game for an ESPN 2 telecast. Expect a fun season out of this squad! Anyone else planning on Air Force or UNM games???
group of 5 started discussing AF game as a possibility during the football game. I'm 70%.

I'd love to make the UNM game, but I don't see it happening.

group of 5 started discussing AF game as a possibility during the football game. I'm 70%.

I'd love to make the UNM game, but I don't see it happening.

The Air Force game away a few years back (I don't remember which year) was a lot of fun. We actually took a bus full of people and drank beer there and back. The stadium is so small and we filled it with Buffs haha.

The Air Force game away a few years back (I don't remember which year) was a lot of fun. We actually took a bus full of people and drank beer there and back. The stadium is so small and we filled it with Buffs haha.
yep, I was there in same group of five and had a blast. that was the only AFA hoops game I've been to, but I love going to their football games.

you know, I don't have anything else planned that day and expect to be in Colorado (currently on a travel-heavy assignment). I'm probably 85% even if my buddies don't go. I like the 4PM time slot -- can make Garden of the Gods, or something else, and then the game.

you planning anything else that day? doing a bus load again?

haha, very nice. Well, no bus load. That was an organized trip with Denver Buff Club at the time. Was great.

Nothing like that planned, that I know of, but my roommate and I (Buff FB season ticket holder with me) are going to just drive our black "Buff Mobile". It is just a little black Nissan with CU stickers all over it. Went to Nebraska with it and it will also make the UNM trip. We like to rep the Buffs everywhere! We would have room for up to three others in the back. More comfortable with two. We do need to get back to Denver ASAP after the game, as I have a concert night planned with friends, but beforehand we would be open to spending time in the Springs for whatever. Especially for a few drinks before the game.

China is a big place. Any word on where the game will be? Hopefully we represent the USA better than those dipshits at UCLA.

China is a big place. Any word on where the game will be? Hopefully we represent the USA better than those dipshits at UCLA.

Don't see anything that clearly states where the game might be. For what it's worth, both this year's game, featuring Cal vs. Yale, and last year's UCLA game (now (in)famous for other reasons) is and was in Shanghi. (I would GUESS that may also be where next year's game will be, as the sponsoring company, Alibaba (roughly the "Amazon of China") looks to be headquartered (per QUICK Google search) about 100 miles from Shanghi.)

2018-2019 CU Schedule:

DATEOPPONENTTIMETV Result
Tue, Nov 13vsDrake6:00 PM
Fri, Nov 16vsOmaha7:00 PM
Tue, Nov 20@San Diego8:00 PM
Sat, Nov 24@Air Force4:00 PM
Wed, Nov 28vsPortland7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 1vsColorado St1:00 PM
Tue, Dec 4vsSouth Dakota7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 8vsUIC4:00 PM
Tue, Dec 11@New Mexico7:00 PM
Sat, Dec 22vsIndiana St *1:00 PMESPNU
Thu, Jan 3@ Arizona7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 5@Arizona St7:00 PM
Thu, Jan 10vsWashington St7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 12vs25 Washington8:00 PMESPNU
Sun, Jan 20@Utah4:00 PMESPNU
Thu, Jan 24@California9:00 PM
Sat, Jan 26@Stanford6:00 PM
Thu, Jan 31vsOregon St7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 2vs14 Oregon7:30 PM
Wed, Feb 6@21 UCLA7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 9@USC8:00 PM
Wed, Feb 13vs Arizona St8:30 PM
Sun, Feb 17vs Arizona6:00 PM ESPNU
Wed, Feb 20@ Washington St8:00 PM
Sat, Feb 23@ Washington8:30 PM
Sat, Mar 2vs Utah4:00 PM ESPNU
Thu, Mar 7vs UCLA7:00 PM
Sat, Mar 9vs USC3:00 PM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-2019 CU Roster

NONAMEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
21Evan BatteyF6' 8"264 lbsFRView Park, CA
1Tyler BeyG6' 7"218 lbsSOLas Vegas, NV
14Deleon BrownG6' 4"165 lbsJRGrand Rapids, MI
15Jakub DombekF6' 11"190 lbsFROstrava, Czech Republic
34Benan ErsekG6' 2"170 lbsFRVienna, Austria
0Shane GatlingG6' 2"181 lbsJRBaldwin, NY
2Daylen KountzG6' 4"185 lbsFRDenver, CO
12AJ MartinkaG6' 5"195 lbsSOStanwood, WA
33Aidan McQuadeG6' 2"185 lbsSOLoveland, CO
24Eli ParquetG6' 3"192 lbsFRBeaumont, TX
30Frank RyderF6' 10"240 lbsSOBoulder, CO
5D'Shawn SchwartzG6' 7"226 lbsSOColorado Springs, CO
23Lucas SiewertF6' 10"230 lbsJRSanta Catarina, Brazil
10Alexander StratingF6' 7"227 lbsSOWassenaar, Netherlands
35Dallas WaltonF7' 0"235 lbsSOArvada, CO
13Namon WrightG6' 5"197 lbsSRLos Angeles, CA
25McKinley Wright IVG6' 0"195 lbsSOMinneapolis, MN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Way to keep right on top of the 'Results' column, Darth.

future schedule and expansion news wrapped together! wonder who the other nine teams will be

The Pac-21 will move from an 18-game conference schedule in men’s basketball to 20 starting in 2020-21.

The Pac-12 Conference Council and athletics directors committee approved the move at the conclusion of the league’s spring meetings Thursday.

link

AFA released their basketball schedule-and we're not a part of it. Good news. That game did nothing for us.
They fell off so much from the Bzdelik era that they became an RPI killer. It was hard to justify keeping them on the schedule. Especially since it doubled up our RPI exposure with a MWC that has been down. For a 2nd in-state game, UNC makes more sense if that's a direction we want to go.

They fell off so much from the Bzdelik era that they became an RPI killer. It was hard to justify keeping them on the schedule. Especially since it doubled up our RPI exposure with a MWC that has been down. For a 2nd in-state game, UNC makes more sense if that's a direction we want to go.
Or DU.

No. They won 8 games LY and didn't make their league tourney. I don't have a problem with playing UNC, but I don't want to do that every year. If we want a game with a regional program who could maybe help our NET-play New Mexico State. They've won the WAC tournament four of the last five years, and the year they didn't (2016) they won the regular season title. Much better than UNC or DU right now.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize DU had fallen so far. That’s a shame. I admit I pay very little attention to them, but I seem to remember they had a fairly decent program. Still,I wouldn’t completely rule out playing them as a regional pairing. They would probably bring a few folks to see the game, and they won’t be this bad forever.

I didn’t realize DU had fallen so far. That’s a shame. I admit I pay very little attention to them, but I seem to remember they had a fairly decent program. Still,I wouldn’t completely rule out playing them as a regional pairing. They would probably bring a few folks to see the game, and they won’t be this bad forever.
I've said it before and I still believe in this.

Try to do in hoops what we do in Women's Soccer with the Colorado Cup that they host every year.

Round Robin style with CU, DU, CSU and UNC hosted at the Keg. Everyone gets 3 games over 3 days with CU-CSU always on the final day -- giving 3 games a day over 3 days for fans. Have the bands there. Do a big media push around it. Make it an event. Do it at the same time every year (tip off or Xmas).

With that, our schedule would be:

3 games - Colorado Championship (neutral)
3 games - invitational tourney (preseason NIT, Maui, Atlantis, etc.)
4 games - non-conference opponents with probably 2 home & 2 away
20 games - Pac-12 conference schedule

Should be part of the season ticket package and give option to buy access in you seats to all games for the event. That's a 15-game home schedule of CU games with 3 bonus game options.

Try to do in hoops what we do in Women's Soccer with the Colorado Cup that they host every year.

Round Robin style with CU, DU, CSU and UNC hosted at the Keg. Everyone gets 3 games over 3 days with CU-CSU always on the final day -- giving 3 games a day over 3 days for fans. Have the bands there. Do a big media push around it. Make it an event. Do it at the same time every year (tip off or Xmas).

A question on this, now with this 5 year net rule in place can this round robin event be done? Would we have to schedule upper tier programs to help the 5 year avg? I've always agreed with your take on it, lost opportunity if this is the case

Should be part of the season ticket package and give option to buy access in you seats to all games for the event. That's a 15-game home schedule of CU games with 3 bonus game options.

I'd be all for your Colorado Championship idea if CSU and DU didn't suck like they do right now. Frankly, the basketball series with the goats needs to go away for a little while too-and hopefully when they figure out they're not good enough to play us up there it will.

I'd be all for your Colorado Championship idea if CSU and DU didn't suck like they do right now. Frankly, the basketball series with the goats needs to go away for a little while too-and hopefully when they figure out they're not good enough to play us up there it will.

Agree, playing DU or CSU doesn't help us any.

Would be more interested in a Rocky Mountain Challenge with CU hosting the Big Sky champion from the prior year (shouldn't be hard to get that conference to commit to something that would give them exposure in the Denver media market and a major conference opponent with a decent payday) along with a rotation of Wyoming, New Mexico, New Mexico State. Fourth school could be a DU or UNC giving the others a likely win on the trip even if they are down.

Agree, playing DU or CSU doesn't help us any.

Would be more interested in a Rocky Mountain Challenge with CU hosting the Big Sky champion from the prior year (shouldn't be hard to get that conference to commit to something that would give them exposure in the Denver media market and a major conference opponent with a decent payday) along with a rotation of Wyoming, New Mexico, New Mexico State. Fourth school could be a DU or UNC giving the others a likely win on the trip even if they are down.

I don't like that idea either-Here's how I'd schedule if I were Tad:

3-4 games in a tournament like the Vegas thing this year
2 games against either P7 opponents or teams who can help our NET outside of tournaments/exempt events. This can be home and home or neutral site games-Playing Dayton in Chicago would fall in this category.
No more than one game a year against a local MWC team (For these purposes, let's call that CSU, AFA, UNM, and Wyoming)
Fill in the rest with teams like Montana, NMSU, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, UC Irvine, Weber State, UNC, and DU.

I don't like that idea either-Here's how I'd schedule if I were Tad:

3-4 games in a tournament like the Vegas thing this year
2 games against either P7 opponents or teams who can help our NET outside of tournaments/exempt events. This can be home and home or neutral site games-Playing Dayton in Chicago would fall in this category.
No more than one game a year against a local MWC team (For these purposes, let's call that CSU, AFA, UNM, and Wyoming)
Fill in the rest with teams like Montana, NMSU, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, UC Irvine, Weber State, UNC, and DU.

I would have not problem with this if they could make it work.

One of the main reasons for what Buffnik suggests for myself is I would like it to involve girls and boys HS ball also. With the media push, HS coaches, players, the colleges, early season, I think it would benifit everyone and hopefully get more butts in the seats at every school. Colorado is behind most states in HS sports as has been opined all over this board. With the population increase we are seeing many more athletes coming out of here now and deserving of more exposure to the general population. I also understand why so many don't like the local schools slant due to the poor play at the other schools. It's why I ask if any of you know due to the new PAC rules if something like this could even happen now.

Back