What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

An upgrade at QB? Explain your thought there. Carta-Samuels was like..........3rd string at UW?
Their defense dominated their offense in the recent scrimmage. Carta-Samuels went 10-22 for 1 pick and no scores. So either their defense has gotten a ****load better by losing a bunch of starters (just two full-time starters back for 2018), or the offense really sucks.

Their defense dominated their offense in the recent scrimmage. Carta-Samuels went 10-22 for 1 pick and no scores. So either their defense has gotten a ****load better by losing a bunch of starters (just two full-time starters back for 2018), or the offense really sucks.
Maybe the term “upgrade” was a little strong. :)

This is one of the articles from which I was taking my information. Definitely a fluff piece, but they have talent.
http://www.reporterherald.com/sport...o-state-football-coach-mike-bobo-pleased-rams

Last edited:
Hope Bobo is okay.

On a separate issue, I was looking at FuboTV and they have an one week free trail. Would be perfect...subscribe to that free trail on the 25th and you can watch the Hawaii-CSU & CU-CSU game for free then unsubscribe after the game is over.

Numbness in your extremities is nothing to take lightly. My mom had it for years and went from doctor to doctor, who were all clueless and gave her horrible advice, until she finally ran into one who did the proper tests and it turned out she needed surgery on her spinal canal for spinal canal stenosis fairly urgently. The doctor essentially told her that the impact from a relatively simple and low-speed rear-end collision at a traffic light might be enough for her to end up in a wheel chair.

Folks I have been getting riled up watching highlights from 2013, 2015, 2016 and last year. Hell even watched Spruce's insane catches from 2014 that we sadly forget about. I really wish with all my heart that the 2004 and 2005 games would show up on YouTube at some point.
I'm so jaded, I feel like those were ****ty years as well.

No. Those were Billingsley's goal line stand and Crosby's game winner as time expired. Great games in Boulder. I want to see the lightning game from 2003 with BVP and Klatt
Was Bradley Van Putz the CSU reincarnation the Boz? I really wanted to see that guy get drilled on EVERY F***ing play. Hadn't felt that way about a player since OU was pasting us all through the '80s.

Was Bradley Van Putz the CSU reincarnation the Boz? I really wanted to see that guy get drilled on EVERY F***ing play. Hadn't felt that way about a player since OU was pasting us all through the '80s.
He was so good for the rivalry. The head spike, the post game comments about CU being the worst 9th ranked team he's ever seen, the general showboating, etc. made for an absolute villain for CU fans. Even though CU went 2-1 vs him, he was a scary dude to watch them play. That 2003 game was probably the best RMS I ever attended.

Last edited:
He was so good for the rivalry. The head spike, the post game comments about CU being the worst 9th ranked team he's ever seen, the general showboating, etc. made for an absolute villain for CU fans. Even though CU went 2-1 vs him, he was a scary dude to watch them play. That 2003 game was probably the best RMS I ever attended.

Yup. He was great for the rivalry. It was a lot of fun that year.

In terms of sheer entertainment value (2016 jokes aside)-2003 was probably my favorite RMS. Both offenses (Klatt and BVP both played really well-and wasn't that Joel's first start?) had incredible nights, and the lightning delay added to what was a hell of a game.

Last edited:
In terms of sheer entertainment value (2016 jokes aside)-2004 was probably my favorite RMS. Both offenses (Klatt and BVP both played really well-and wasn't that Joel's first start?) had incredible nights, and the lightning delay added to what was a hell of a game.
Yep, Klatt's first career start, threw for like 400 yards and 4 TDs. It was 2003, though, and that's the game I'm referring to.

He was so good for the rivalry. The head spike, the post game comments about CU being the worst 6th ranked team he's ever seen, the general showboating, etc. made for an absolute villain for CU fans. Even though CU went 2-1 vs him, he was a scary dude to watch them play. That 2003 game was probably the best RMS I ever attended.
Unfortunately fixed. F Van Pelt

I just loved it when he was drafted in the 7th round by the Broncos. He was no where to be found for the first rookie mini-camp. They couldn't track him down. His agent finally found him - scuba diving in some resort area. He was back at camp 24 hours later with his tail between his legs protesting "It said optional on the paperwork I saw!".

Those were Billingsley's goal line stand and Crosby's game winner as time expired. Great games in Boulder. I want to see the lightning game from 2003 with BVP and Klatt
Sorry, I meant the season. Not the CSU game.

Back