What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think martial arts, wrestling, boxing, etc can all be extremely valuable for creating mental toughness, controlled aggression, physical stamina, etc. However, straddling a bag and punching it is not teaching or instilling any of those qualities, so yeah, it's really ****ing stupid and pretty much sums up CSU football in general.
I heard Ronnie Lott talk about how Bill Walsh put together a boxing thing one year that really made a difference. He showed boxing video and gave a talk about how guys win simply by beating their opponent to the punch. That was the basis of training which focused on quick twitch explosion to be the guy who delivered the first blow on the football field when blocking, tackling, shedding, etc.

This has nothing at all to do with sitting on a bag and throwing punches at it.

I heard Ronnie Lott talk about how Bill Walsh put together a boxing thing one year that really made a difference. He showed boxing video and gave a talk about how guys win simply by beating their opponent to the punch. That was the basis of training which focused on quick twitch explosion to be the guy who delivered the first blow on the football field when blocking, tackling, shedding, etc.

This has nothing at all to do with sitting on a bag and throwing punches at it.
Probably just a cardio workout.

Having that in football training isn't worthless. it's really good for hand placement, leverage, and what Nik mentioned. Most importantly, the discipline of it. I also don't know what sitting on a bag, throwing punches at it, has to do with anything as far as football? Unless, a fight breaks out.

Did any of those CSU assistant coaches come from Baylor or Nebraska. Would explain a drill that develops their off-field skills as well.

Every time I see someone sporting CSU gear I can’t help but to feel sorry for them that they are proud to wear that.
Well, they kind of have to. That Starter jacket serves as winter coat/ski jacket/cow milking coverage; gotta make do on a fry cook's wages.

they will likely give us some trouble. new coach, new system, etc.

but, i admit, the idea of viska against a couple of smurf corners is comforting.

we should win 55-10.

they will likely give us some trouble. new coach, new system, etc.

but, i admit, the idea of viska against a couple of smurf corners is comforting.

we should win 55-10.
Yeah I imagine when the second stringers are actually executing the offense in the second half, the Ewe first team D will probably stuff a couple of drives. At which point, a baffled FHCMM will wonder aloud to himself how someone like Mel Tucker could be so offensive and unsportsmanlike letting his backup QB throw the ball when up 35 points rather than iso runs off guard for 3 and outs until the game ends.

Having that in football training isn't worthless. it's really good for hand placement, leverage, and what Nik mentioned. Most importantly, the discipline of it. I also don't know what sitting on a bag, throwing punches at it, has to do with anything as far as football? Unless, a fight breaks out.
Hand placement? So you’re supposed to place your hands on a guy’s face?

I’m only looking forward to the day when playing CSU is considered a puff game, as it should be. Might never happen, it is Boulder after all, but hope springs eternal.

I’m only looking forward to the day when playing CSU is considered a puff game, as it should be. Might never happen, it is Boulder after all, but hope springs eternal.
CU is on a 4 game win streak where the average margin of victory in those games is 21.5 points. Playing CSU is already considered a puff game by everybody except CSU stans and scared CU fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back