What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never forget the RMS when lightning and storms delayed the game. It was Klatt's best game as a Buff and he threw a bomb for a TD right when lightning struck and thunder clapped just south of Mile High.

I remember that so well! Driving on the way to the stadium, could barely see the hood of the car. But that lighting strike with that bomb was classic! Great memory.

I don't really like playing these peckerwoods. It's everything to lose, and nothing to win. If Mel is who I think he is, he won't put up with it.
Mel, at least publicly, says that it's not his job to worry about making the schedule. It's his job to beat the teams that are on the schedule.

Privately, I'm sure that he has preferences. The upcoming schedules we're seeing are challenging and I'd guess that if we're going to put a mediocre G5 team on the schedule that Mel would prefer it to be a bit of a break instead of a game that gets inflated and made a lot harder than if we were playing a school like New Mexico where there wasn't that extra stuff that makes a loss more likely.

Mel, at least publicly, says that it's not his job to worry about making the schedule. It's his job to beat the teams that are on the schedule.

Privately, I'm sure that he has preferences. The upcoming schedules we're seeing are challenging and I'd guess that if we're going to put a mediocre G5 team on the schedule that Mel would prefer it to be a bit of a break instead of a game that gets inflated and made a lot harder than if we were playing a school like New Mexico where there wasn't that extra stuff that makes a loss more likely.

I think both schools know they can't play every year-CSU has home and homes set with Vanderbilt, Texas Tech, Arizona, and Washington State between now and 2027, and they've also got paycheck games at Texas and Michigan coming up........all of those would probably get them more exposure than playing us does at this point. RG has made his take on the CSU game clear for years now-and I think if he felt like he could, he'd probably pass on scheduling CSU at all. The Denver/NoCo media (who pushes this game) doesn't give a ****.

I'd like the game to die after this season, but it will be fun to see their stadium that they can't fill in about 80% black and gold.

That stadium will not be even 50% black and gold in 2020.
Survey of 1, but I'm relishing the opportunity of a night in FC to introduce my then 16 and 13 YO girls to the college, town, and an absolute demolishment of CSU. I hope it quells any non-expressed desire of attending school there (they know better in our household) and ensuring they get good enough grades to get in to CU.

I need to overhaul my personality. I am so sarcastic that sometimes it reads as genuine and it's starting to cause me issues.

Seriously, I think we both know that

1) CSU is going to crash and burn on paying for their new stadium regardless of record

and

2) CSU is not CU's rival but little brother

and if both those things are true then it's way funnier if they crash SPECTACULARLY before the "burn" part. finishing with 4 wins in that garbage conference would be pretty spectacular.
At least you HAVE a personality!

Survey of 1, but I'm relishing the opportunity of a night in FC to introduce my then 16 and 13 YO girls to the college, town, and an absolute demolishment of CSU. I hope it quells any non-expressed desire of attending school there (they know better in our household) and ensuring they get good enough grades to get in to CU.
What "college, town" would that be? You haven't taken them to Boulder yet???

Now, if you want to introduce them to the longest, two-sided strip mall in Colorado(UGH!), you could drive them down College Avenue in Ft. Not-so-fun!

What "college, town" would that be? You haven't taken them to Boulder yet???

Now, if you want to introduce them to the longest, two-sided strip mall in Colorado(UGH!), you could drive them down College Avenue in Ft. Not-so-fun!
tenor.gif

So it looks like we just need to not have the Wis and SF game run over 3 hours. I know the last several years I missed like the first 5 min to the first quarter cause previous crap ran over and I wasn't in a location to switch over because they don't have it. Thinking I should record ESPNU just encase as I can't watch it till I get back from the mountains and with that dam country concert you can't find a seat or hear crap in Buena Vista.

Fri ESPN schedule

Hear what you're saying, Same time, that's why I started watching CU, they would play anybody, any place, any time. I respect that, being my home state is just a bonus. End of the day, bring it the **** on, let's go!!

Last edited:
According to a poster on 247 who has sources at CSU they have a key WR who will be out for the RMS due to injury. if it's Warren Jackson that's a big blow

According to a poster on 247 who has sources at CSU they have a key WR who will be out for the RMS due to injury. if it's Warren Jackson that's a big blow
I think he's referring to the transfer (& has his facts scrambled) who played in 4 games last year before redshirting, and then transferring. He has to sit 4. Also, they moved Braylon Scott from safety to WR, and will miss year due to academic issues.

According to Howel's Monday rewind, the last 3 games of the Rocky Mountain Showdown:

CU had leads of 37-0, 17-0 and 14-0 before CSU scored in those games.
That's 68-0 in 3 games, before CSU got on the board.

Combined scoring margin of the last three Rocky Mountain Showdowns, all won by Colorado. The Buffs routed the Rams, 44-7, in 2016; won a 17-3 clunker in 2017; and rolled to a 45-13 win last year. CU had leads of 37-0, 17-0 and 14-0 before CSU scored in those games.

That's also 106-23 in scoring. And we fired our coach.

According to Howel's Monday rewind, the last 3 games of the Rocky Mountain Showdown:

CU had leads of 37-0, 17-0 and 14-0 before CSU scored in those games.
That's 68-0 in 3 games, before CSU got on the board.

Combined scoring margin of the last three Rocky Mountain Showdowns, all won by Colorado. The Buffs routed the Rams, 44-7, in 2016; won a 17-3 clunker in 2017; and rolled to a 45-13 win last year. CU had leads of 37-0, 17-0 and 14-0 before CSU scored in those games.

That's also 106-23 in scoring. And we fired our coach.

This is why I'm shocked the spread isn't higher. It was 11 but has gone up to 13. This year and last year the talent difference in the teams is as big as it's been in a long time. Still the closest contest was 14 points and we sucked in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back