What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I’ve already handicapped this risk. The end of the P12 and the other leagues running outbreak free is about as likely as Colorado winning the PAC-12 title in 2021.

Second sentence still stands then. Better hope the attempts to play either don't happen or turn into epic disasters.

Second sentence still stands then. Better hope the attempts to play either don't happen or turn into epic disasters.
Umm, at best there’s a 5% chance of no outbreaks in colleges located throughout the heart of trump country. If you’re willing to bet on 5%ers, then you can just start booking all of your future action with me directly.

Umm, at best there’s a 5% chance of no outbreaks in colleges located throughout the heart of trump country. If you’re willing to bet on 5%ers, then you can just start booking all of your future action with me directly.

Frankly, I agree. I don't see how we don't see at least outbreaks like what we've seen with the Cardinals and Marlins in baseball at at least one ACC, SEC, or Big 12 school.

Frankly, I agree. I don't see how we don't see at least outbreaks like what we've seen with the Cardinals and Marlins in baseball at at least one ACC, SEC, or Big 12 school.
It will be way worse than what baseball went through because there are more than 100 players on each team, tons of staff members and campuses fill of people that don’t care about contracting or spreading the virus.

Weird mindset when you fully support that people with more resources can get tested before you do even tho it may only be a precaution with them and a legit reason for why you’d want to get tested.
Not quite so much for Americans whose lives were spent with an economic system based on "charge what the market will bear".

Good perspective you bring, IMO.

It will be way worse than what baseball went through because there are more than 100 players on each team, tons of staff members and campuses fill of people that don’t care about contracting or spreading the virus.

Maybe-but you get my point. We're at a minimum going to have an entire football team in quarantine as a result of this.

There's also a nearly imperceptible difference in how much contact football players and baseball players have with each other during practice and games.

Maybe-but you get my point. We're at a minimum going to have an entire football team in quarantine as a result of this.
This is being glossed over or ignored in a lot of the discussion by those trumpeting the benefits of running the season; what happens to the schedule and economic benefits of running a season if 5, 10, 20, 30? percent of the games get cancelled?

From the article:

In an email to Sports Illustrated, prominent college sports attorney Tom Mars offered this chilling view of what the Big 12, ACC and SEC could be getting into:

“Whatever conference(s) decides to play football this fall will be taking a ridiculously high risk they may soon regret. I know and have talked with some of the best plaintiff’s lawyers in the country this week, and they’re praying the SEC, Big 12 and/or the ACC are greedy enough to stay the course. If things go sideways, the plaintiff’s Bar will immediately get their hands on the internal financial analyses of the schools (a FOIA layup), get the conference financials through the discovery process, and then just stand in front of the jurors and point to the conferences that decided not to risk the health of their student-athletes. Good Lord, I’d hate to be the lawyers defending those cases.”

And the attorneys lining up to represent plaintiffs? “These are lawyers who’ve already slain bigger dragons than the SEC, and they can afford to finance the most expensive litigation on the planet. As a coalition, they’d be the legal equivalent of the Death Star.”

Absolutely. It’s a balancing act. There are consequences for doing too much and for doing too little. The trick is finding that elusive happy medium. I don’t think anybody knows where that is.
And right now there is no “happy” medium. At least half of us will be pissed with literally any decision made by any governmental body about anything

Got me a pre-seeding blazers +420 make playoff ticket I’m sweating. Hedging decision forthcoming.

let it ride

giphy.gif

And in the end moving to the PAC was a total failure. Conference of pussies.
And Joseph made the Israelites swear an oath and said, “God will surely come to your aid, and then you must carry my bones up from this place.” So Joseph died at the age of a hundred and ten. And after they embalmed him, he was placed in a coffin in Egypt.

Back