What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Recruiting rankings

Where does CU finish in 2020 recruiting rankings

• Total voters

How can the powers at USC see that and not fire Helton? Like with UCLA in basketball, I could be the HC for football at USC and pull in a Top 25 class. The challenge there in recruiting is being in the Top 5 regularly -- that's the level at which they compete. Having the #80 class is an abomination that I didn't really think was possible to underachieve to.

How can the powers at USC see that and not fire Helton? Like with UCLA in basketball, I could be the HC for football at USC and pull in a Top 25 class. The challenge there in recruiting is being in the Top 5 regularly -- that's the level at which they compete. Having the #80 class is an abomination that I didn't really think was possible to underachieve to.

I thought when they hired Helton they were going the coaching over recruiting route. And I definitely thought, ok they'll recruit closer to 15-25 than top 5, but the coaching might be really good to make up for it.

Damn was I wrong. I feel like USC could just wander over to a few trinity league games and call it a day. It can't be this hard.

I agree, that’s crazy. But they look to rebound in 2021, they have the #14 overall player committed now, pro QB.

I agree, that’s crazy. But they look to rebound in 2021, they have the #14 overall player committed now, pro QB.

They had a 5* local QB committed for months in this cycle before he flipped to Bama. They will continue to struggle in 2021.

IMO the rating services do a good but not great job evaluating. While difficult to sell for ratings services, the best standard I’ve seen here in determining the quality of recruiting is examining the number of P5 offers. In demand people are generally better. There are exceptions for sure, but they remain the exception and never the rule.
Agree with this.

A lot of moving parts that make it much more complicated that just looking at stars and a rating.

The number of P5 offers matters as does the quality of those offers. If looking at an offensive lineman for instance would you rather have a 4* kid who's best offers are Oregon State and Cal or a high 3* kid with offers from Wisconsin and Stanford?

Ultimately the coaches have to find and bring in better players than the teams we play. The services can give a good idea of how well they are doing this but ultimately it is all about the results on the field.

SC sucking well into the future is perfectly fine by me. Between Clay, the Aunt Becky fiasco, and hiring some new dip**** AD, their armor is tarnished. The fact that they have a previously unknown freshman QB well situated to keep his job might help to screw up their annual march of stud QB's joining the ranks. There's no team in the PAC12 I'd rather see flounder, and it's long overdue.

They had a 5* local QB committed for months in this cycle before he flipped to Bama. They will continue to struggle in 2021.

I hadn’t really looked at their class until now, I didn’t know anyone already flipped. I don’t disagree they may struggle because all the uncertainty about Clay Helton. But they’ve got 4 currently and their average is almost a 94 so as of now it isn’t affecting them in the way this year has. But being a year away I imagine it’s going to be tough for them if the rumors about Helton swirl all year again, this years class is beyond atrocious for USC.

Wow. ASU just picked up CB’s for three 4 star players, they’re going to finish strong, I knew Edwards was going to kill it there in recruiting.

Oregon is potentially waiting on a couple guys who have signed to announce in all star games like we are with Harris.

On signing day, Oregon was at 22 commits, now they are at 20 commits (including signees). It doesn't really matter, just pointing it out, and they do and will have a helluva class.

On signing day, Oregon was at 22 commits, now they are at 20 commits (including signees). It doesn't really matter, just pointing it out, and they do and will have a helluva class.
To be pedantic they were at 20 signees and 22 commits. Those 2 aren't going to qualify. So yeah, Oregon lost those guys.

Back