What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Women's basketball general off-season news thread

Interesting article. I wear a heart monitor when I exercise but the purpose is to keep me from blowing out my heart. I do like the heart monitor for determining if I am obtaining my goals but I can also tell by my panting and sweating. Never thought I should record my heart rate on a daily basis and show the data to my dog who lays on the carpet while I spin. Not sure what my dog's opinion would be. That is some interesting analytics used at Texas Tech.

I have mixed feelings for Emma as this is what she wrote in what I guess was sort of a press release:

"Simply put, there was not a better fit for me than Texas Tech," Clarke said. "My decision came down to the professionalism of the coaching staff, their proven success on the basketball court and their friendliness off the court. At Texas Tech, I will be given the best resources to reach my full potential academically and athletically. I cannot wait to continue my college career as a Lady Raider!" .

For her sake, I hope the information is correct.

Interesting article. I wear a heart monitor when I exercise but the purpose is to keep me from blowing out my heart. I do like the heart monitor for determining if I am obtaining my goals but I can also tell by my panting and sweating. Never thought I should record my heart rate on a daily basis and show the data to my dog who lays on the carpet while I spin. Not sure what my dog's opinion would be. That is some interesting analytics used at Texas Tech.

I have mixed feelings for Emma as this is what she wrote in what I guess was sort of a press release:

"Simply put, there was not a better fit for me than Texas Tech," Clarke said. "My decision came down to the professionalism of the coaching staff, their proven success on the basketball court and their friendliness off the court. At Texas Tech, I will be given the best resources to reach my full potential academically and athletically. I cannot wait to continue my college career as a Lady Raider!" .

I meant I hope Emma's take on the coaches is correct and that the story is incorrect.

I have really enjoyed this series. Sad to see it end.

Since I have been following women's basketball since 1975, I saw all the players during their time at CU. It's been delightful to see what they are up to today.

Very proud of Bridget Turner for finally getting the degree.

would love to see the series continue. Things like this can show the history and show they were not always bottom dwellers

The history is why I enjoy it so much. Every player that has been on the show, along with Coach Barry, were very successful at Colorado.

JR has embraced the history of the program and has the alumni invested in her current players.

Sounds like a lot of Emma's reasons for going to TTU were because of the coaching staff. Things will be quite different in that area for her now.

Yes I figured the coach would not survive as the use of heart rates as a metric seemed dangerous and sort of goofy. Then there was the creepy trainer with his special techniques "RPR" which I suspect gets most folk, like massage therapists, to lose their license if applied the way their trainer allegedly did. .(He did resign.)

This sort of stuff makes me appreciate the men's and women's program even more at CU as I think both coaches believe in the student athlete concept.

As for Emma, did she go to Texas Tech because its a great school or she wanted to play for the coach? This stuff happens in the business world as well and you have to adjust or move on. I wonder if she can get an exemption to transfer again given the situation. Kind of a lesson about performing due diligence.

An assistant coach was fired today.

I do not know why Emma transferred. Definitely a lesson in due diligence.

If she has taken classes, does that change the situation? I have no idea if colleges had summer school or not. She could have gone to Australia for some of her time since March.

On a happy note about student transfers, Janea Bunn has resurfaced and committed to attend Southeastern University.

From Twitter:
SEU Women's B-Ball
@SEUFireWBB
·
Jul 5
FireWelcome University of Colorado Transfer/6’3” Post Janea Bunn to the #firefamily!! Janea averaged 9.1pts and 6.7rbs at Colorado with Double/Doubles at Washington State and North Dakota State. #FeelTheHeatFire

SEU is an NAIA school and appears to have a very successful women's basketball program.

Glad to see she might resurrect her academic and basketball career. Could make a great story.

I found this information as I was looking for a quote about the "puppies" learning their ways around the court from a few years ago. (I think the quote was from Bunn but might be wrong.) I believe the puppies included Kenney Leonard and Alexis Robinson. Maybe included Hollingshed and Jank as well. Sadly I am wondering how their basketball careers will end. There has been some articles suggesting the NCAA will add extra eligibility if no games are played this spring but I sort of doubt that given most teams have already recruited for the next season.

Hoping we can see some live basketball next year before they graduate.

I home Emma Clark will be okay at Texas Tech

Another article on abuse on TT "Everything you read was true"

It could be she will play a major role in a rebuilding effort. Or maybe she can transfer again. Or who knows maybe she made it back to Oz.

Brewer's letter was impressive and seemed very honest. She could have stayed silent. What a "wreck" at Texas Tech.

As the article says, she stayed silent until now but now she wants Wreck fans to know the truth.

2020/21 schedule out. (As I'd heard was a possibility, looks like the 2 conference games between foes are all going to be in one location or the other rather than the traditional home and home. Interesting to me that it looks like the men's schedule still has the home and home thing going on.) <---------- Never mind the stricken-through part- I read the schedule wrong.

Last edited:
2020/21 schedule out. (As I'd heard was a possibility, looks like the 2 conference games between foes are all going to be in one location or the other rather than the traditional home and home. Interesting to me that it looks like the men's schedule still has the home and home thing going on.)

Likely a way to save on costs by eliminating extra flights.

That schedule you posted shows WBB playing home and home in conference. For example, CU plays Arizona and ASU in Boulder 12/18-21 and plays them away 1/22-25. It looks like its a full home and home PAC schedule plus 3 non-conference games.

That schedule you posted shows WBB playing home and home in conference. For example, CU plays Arizona and ASU in Boulder 12/18-21 and plays them away 1/22-25. It looks like its a full home and home PAC schedule plus 3 non-conference games.

Right you are. I didn't look close enough.

Cancellations starting to roll in for WBB:

UConn cancelled their first four games due to a positive test, Utah had to cancel their first two. Plenty of others that are in doubt as well.

Back