What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Did you expect them to not be fully staffed?
Our ability to hire, retain, approve, or deal with last-minute takeaways is frustrating, so I expect them to be fully staffed at some point, but always seems to be a struggle. Cash flow is the issue, however, I would expect the $20 million dollar PAC12 Loan to happen soon to stabilize until Fall.

Which one are you excluding?
BROUUUUUU is the man. Fontenot is solid. Anyone I haven't mentioned yet hasn't shown anything exciting so far or hasn't shown consistency enough to stay on the field.

Ok, Yes, I'm omitting Clayton. That's probably wrong as he really should be in the wildcard category.

BROUUUUUU is the man. Fontenot is solid. Anyone I haven't mentioned yet hasn't shown anything exciting so far or hasn't shown consistency enough to stay on the field.

Ok, Yes, I'm omitting Clayton. That's probably wrong as he really should be in the wildcard category.
Yeah, if Smith is being mentioned, Clayton has to as well.

Budget is an issue, but does not fully explain a hire like the new TE coach.

Maybe ASU is breaking the bank for the hires they are making with big time So Cal connections, but I kinda doubt it.
The Chris Claiborne hire was probably more a relationship hire than ASU throwing tons of money at him to get him to leave USC. Claiborne and Antonio Pierce are friends and former teammates. Though I'm sure he's making a lot more as position coach than he was as an analyst.

We have 3 really good RBs. The hard part is keeping them all happy.
That's one of those good problems. If your line continues to block, they'll all eat. The really interesting part of the next season, with so many players returning across the conference, is going to be who's able to make the most improvement. I think coaching and training will, at least for the next season, be paramount. "Coaching them up" will be more important than normal when compared to biggest talent aggregation.

USC and Oregon will be the normal favorites again, but I don't think they'll be the best team. You guys looked pretty good most of the time. I think SC is in for an unpleasant surprise. Utah and UCLA seem like they'll be good. UCLA especially kind of worries me. I have a gut hunch Cal will be nasty.

And this is kind of a homer take, but I think ASU will be terrifying if the WR's come around.

edit: deleted extra stuff because I started talking too much ASU on a Buffs board.

Last edited:
That's one of those good problems. If your line continues to block, they'll all eat.
Darian Hagan says:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

You could just give it to Broussard 35 times a game, but I think you're better keeping him somewhat fresh if you have other backs. Live, angry legs are important.
I agree he's better off not getting 30+ carries a game. But Darian Hagan hasn't shown he can rotate multiple backs to get sufficient carries. Someone's always in his doghouse or some stupid ass excuse as to why he's not playing. He's terrible at rotating backs.

I agree he's better off not getting 30+ carries a game. But Darian Hagan hasn't shown he can rotate multiple backs to get sufficient carries. Someone's always in his doghouse or some stupid ass excuse as to why he's not playing. He's terrible at rotating backs.
Eh. Let them prove it in practice. Normally the doghouse is there for a reason.

We (ASU) had the best rush offense in the conference and used 3 backs plus the QB. I suspect reservations Hagan has are more in that he doesn't trust the other RB's to keep your quarterback from getting killed.

We had Eno and fed him the ball constantly, but a lot of that was we only really had Eno at the time. If you actually have multiple good players, any coach worth his salt will split the time up a bit to keep his mainstay ready. And I don't think Hagan is dumb. Probably more an indictment of the other RBs.

If Fontenot is truly 100% healthy, Hagan would need to be fired for gross negligence if he doesn't. Probably his best stable of backs he's ever had.

ESPN+ article for college football preseason SP+ projections. Buffs are 50th in the nation and 8th in the Pac-12.
I don't see it....HCKD proved that CU has life in taking us to the Alamo Bowl. Texas was a tough matchup as they look to have the talent of a Top 10 team next year.

Coaching on the Defensive side of the ball is robust and the additions of Lamb and Barnes should fill some glaring holes in rounding out a complete Defensive unit.

RB and WR rooms are stacked and Oline is solid.

QB is still a question mark but has been elevated in the last 6 months.

Top 40 team, 5th in Pac 12 behind USC, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

I don't see it....HCKD proved that CU has life in taking us to the Alamo Bowl. Texas was a tough matchup as they look to have the talent of a Top 10 team next year.

Coaching on the Defensive side of the ball is robust and the additions of Lamb and Barnes should fill some glaring holes in rounding out a complete Defensive unit.

RB and WR rooms are stacked and Oline is solid.

QB is still a question mark but has been elevated in the last 6 months.

Top 40 team, 5th in Pac 12 behind USC, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.
We are intimately familiar with the roster and potential in various position groups, which creates this inflated mentality. When national people look at this roster from an analytical perspective, they see one good RB, a bunch of meh at QB, mediocre OL that lost the best player, awful returning TE production, and a decent but not great WR group (Our leading receiver had 20 receptions for 335 yards). On defense, we lost a ton of production from 2020, and I'm not sure they include Barnes or Lamb.

I agree with you that this team has potential for 2021, but it relies heavily on unknowns right now.

I will see how things develop but my guess is we have a losing record and do not get to a bowl Actually think that would have happened this year if we had played a full schedule. This team is lacking depth and will be full of question marks.

Back