What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Right, got that. And had he been under the influence again then there'd be a serious pattern developing. The infraction of speeding with a suspended license seems like a typical adolescent slip in judgement. Compound that with the DUI (that we really don't know the details of) and he should certainly face some discipline but to the extent of being kicked off the team seems excessive.
Hmmm. I both agree and disagree. I'm not saying that he's a bad kid or is doomed to a terrible future, but he's definitely at a crossroads and has been trending the wrong direction. Like all young people, he needs to learn the hard way that there are consequences to his actions and take some responsibility.

While I would stop short of kicking him off the team, I'm thinking about the CU 30 for 30 when Coach Mac talked about sitting Deon Figures down for a year. Figures got a bit emotional in admitting that "Looking back, it was the right thing." It's tough, but I think they should sit him down and let him grow up a bit.

Hmmm. I both agree and disagree. I'm not saying that he's a bad kid or is doomed to a terrible future, but he's definitely at a crossroads and has been trending the wrong direction. Like all young people, he needs to learn the hard way that there are consequences to his actions and take some responsibility.

While I would stop short of kicking him off the team, I'm thinking about the CU 30 for 30 when Coach Mac talked about sitting Deon Figures down for a year. Figures got a bit emotional in admitting that "Looking back, it was the right thing." It's tough, but I think they should sit him down and let him grow up a bit.
Would really like to know what Viska thinks in his mind about his Little Bro? Pray that Coach Cabral could get through to him? Can Colleges pay for UBER's for kids?

Who was looking at Figures in the transfer portal?

Who was looking at Figures in the transfer portal?
Point taken. It’s a different world but we are also talking about a teenager running a bit wild with responsibilities as the driver of a car. Let’s take a poll of how many on this message board have seen that end badly.

Wouldn't Vontae have a redshirt year available? Good time to use that in this case.

5. Darrin Chiaverini (Colorado)​

Chiaverini has future head coach written all over him with a dynamic personality and an ability to relate to recruits and players. In just his first season as the Colorado play caller, Chiaverini propelled the Buffs to 458.3 yards per game in conference contests. Chiaverini flashed his recruiting chops in being named to the Rivals Top 25 Recruiters in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Six "practice" games last season, essentially a "redshirt" year for Chiv as a full-time OC, working for an HC with an offensive background, (including serving as an OC himself.) We'll see if and what he's learned..

I think everybody on this board should mail him a copy of Sun Tzu, the original football coordinator's GURU!

Six "practice" games last season, essentially a "redshirt" year for Chiv as a full-time OC, working for an HC with an offensive background, (including serving as an OC himself.) We'll see if and what he's learned..

I think everybody on this board should mail him a copy of Sun Tzu, the original football coordinator's GURU!

No. Just no.

I think HCKD had an impact on that #5 ranking and I think that's too high for OC Chev. Need to prove himself again this fall but there were some things I liked offensively last season. I would have liked to see how all 12 coordinators would be ranked.

9th in scoring offense last season. That was against five P12 teams and SDSU. Keep in mind about that when looking at all the stats.

The Alfano transfer makes no sense. I don't think the decision was entirely his to make. Not many people will take on a player that has multiple off the field problems and hasn't been cleared to play football. The transfer portal is competitive. Maybe try D2 after been medically cleared.

Sad to hear about Wray. Wish him the best.

The depth at tackle could be a problem. Hopefully either Wiley or Senn or Ray can step up at right tackle. Should look at the transfer portal.

Both will be drafted. Both are probably day 3 candidates. Sherman could be a day 2 draft pick. He showed some good tape this year.

Back