What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed Men's bball (Championship game vs. #5 seed OSU, scheduled Saturday, 3/13, 8:40 PM MT, ESPN)

I am devastated by the loss, and think we will look back and consider it to be one of the very worst in the modern era of CU basketball. This program simply cannot let a rare conference championship slip thru its fingers when CU was the team with far more experience AND more talent than Oregon St.

It‘s a crushing loss which will reverberate for years, unless this team makes a run in the NCAA Tourney, which seems very unlikely to me. Our first round opponent will probably be against a team that can run circles around Oregon St. One-and-done, and the season would reinforce that this program is at a plateau, when it looked like we had made moved beyond that point.

I am devastated by the loss, and think we will look back and consider it to be one of the very worst in the modern era of CU basketball. This program simply cannot let a rare conference championship slip thru its fingers when CU was the team with far more experience AND more talent than Oregon St.

It‘s a crushing loss which will reverberate for years, unless this team makes a run in the NCAA Tourney, which seems very unlikely to me. Our first round opponent will probably be against a team that can run circles around Oregon St. One-and-done, and the season would reinforce that this program is at a plateau, when it looked like we had made moved beyond that point.
Dude. I realize that the word fan comes from fanatic, but the language you are using seems really extreme to me. Maybe take a break from watching sports for a bit, for your own sanity?

Dude

billy madison idiot GIF

Get back to me in 10 years after CU still has not won another Conference title again. When you're 9 1/2 point favorites in the title game, and choke it away with more experienced and better players to Oregon St of all teams, it's easily one the worst losses in the modern era of CU basketball. It's not even debatable.

Get back to me in 10 years after CU still has not won another Conference title again. When you're 9 1/2 point favorites in the title game, and choke it away with more experienced and better players to Oregon St of all teams, it's easily one the worst losses in the modern era of CU basketball. It's not even debatable.
I don’t think you took his “dude” comment to heart.

I was bummed after the loss but was over it a few hours later. They ran into a hot team and had a bad night at the FT line. Buffs are still going to the tourney. It's not like their season ended last night.

Last year's P12 tourney meltdown was WAY worse.

Oh The Drama GIF by moodman

I think we still get a 6 seed. Last night was disappointing, but I still think the guys were just spent. As far as not winning a Pac 12, sure it will hurt but the NCAA title is much more important. Btw, on the previous page, somebody put up a possible bracket where we might play VCU. Has anyone seen them play this season, I haven't? If so, they good?

It's March - enjoy the ride!

Lol this is the stupidest **** I’ve ever read

Last night's game and the response on here is a great case study in confirmation bias.

Jeriah Horne had a really rough night and it was noted, but with very little criticism. Imagine the commentary had Maddox gone 0 for 5 from three and got blown by for a layup on a key defensive possession. Nothing but love for Jeriah from me, I still want to see him play all the important minutes in the tourney.

The cynics and skeptics think it's a cataclysm that verifies that the program sucks.

I suppose my confirmation bias has me see it as a bad shooting night against a hot team that has been much better for the last month than what they're generally perceived as.

Most likely the buffs will appropriately be favored on a first round matchup as a 5 or 6 seed and if they win, will be in a competitive matchup with a chance at the first trip to the sweet sixteen for the program in ages. This is a very good Buffs team.

Dude. Stop ****ing with the force.

Tad stumbled into this 5 game winning streak. One happy happenstance after another. He's a disgrace to the coaching profession and is wasting McKinley Wright. They've not won a damn thing in his time here. Fire Tad.
Just for that, I'm taking up a collection to bring in Guy Fieri to cook a meal for YOU!

1615744997280.png

Last night's game and the response on here is a great case study in confirmation bias.

Jeriah Horne had a really rough night and it was noted, but with very little criticism. Imagine the commentary had Maddox gone 0 for 5 from three and got blown by for a layup on a key defensive possession. Nothing but love for Jeriah from me, I still want to see him play all the important minutes in the tourney.

The cynics and skeptics think it's a cataclysm that verifies that the program sucks.

I suppose my confirmation bias has me see it as a bad shooting night against a hot team that has been much better for the last month than what they're generally perceived as.

Most likely the buffs will appropriately be favored on a first round matchup as a 5 or 6 seed and if they win, will be in a competitive matchup with a chance at the first trip to the sweet sixteen for the program in ages. This is a very good Buffs team.

That's my take as well. Oregon State was one of those teams that just had everything go right for them at the right time.

Not taking anything away from how hard they played, because they outhustled not only CU but Oregon, but both the Ducks and the Buffs had bad games, too. (Yes, I know that those two things are often connected, but it doesn't explain things like missed FTs (us) and missed wide open 3s (Oregon).)

We're a good team, and we still have a chance to prove how good.

That's my take as well. Oregon State was one of those teams that just had everything go right for them at the right time.

Not taking anything away from how hard they played, because they outhustled not only CU but Oregon, but both the Ducks and the Buffs had bad games, too. (Yes, I know that those two things are often connected, but it doesn't explain things like missed FTs (us) and missed wide open 3s (Oregon).)

We're a good team, and we still have a chance to prove how good.
We played bad and if we'd hit 10 points below our season average from the free throw line we'd have won. Tough night when destiny was not on our side.

We played bad and if we'd hit 10 points below our season average from the free throw line we'd have won. Tough night when destiny was not on our side.

I was honestly worried about the "destiny" thing from about 10 minutes after the USC game.

It sucks, because we so rarely get to the tournament final, but we should really remember that we were Oregon State in 2012.

As someone who has defended Jeriah’s defense I was definitely eating crow last night, but to compare an 0-5 night from him as a bad game to one from someone like MD isn’t confirmation bias, it’s just being logical in knowing he was bound to have an off night after being the dude who has come through with key performances time and time again this season

I also need to give D’Shawn a lot of credit as he played like the player we know he can be in the second. I hope to see that fire from him in the first round. If he and Jeriah are both on, I feel bad for whomever our opponent is

Horne has gotta to be super pissed and I would expect a huge tourney out of him.
Parquet needs more offensive freedom
Watching that game again, we never had energy, movement, or confidence. Missed all those free throws and still only lost by two.
Oregon State made shots, looked pumped up, played crazy extended defense and still barely won by two.
I am more pissed today and agree we will really hate missing this opportunity.

Well I missed all the games because I was camping this weekend. I guess second place is a decent result but it is disappointing given that we were in the final against a beatable team. But again I never saw any games so...

I think we should be the higher seed in the first round of the NCAA tournament so to me it will be a big disappointment if we don't at least advance into the round of 32.

If Katz is right I would do anything for Georgetown. Winthrop are an unmitigated disaster who will smoke us and Witch State I’m 70/30 on. I don’t think they are that good.

As someone who has defended Jeriah’s defense I was definitely eating crow last night, but to compare an 0-5 night from him as a bad game to one from someone like MD isn’t confirmation bias, it’s just being logical in knowing he was bound to have an off night after being the dude who has come through with key performances time and time again this season

I also need to give D’Shawn a lot of credit as he played like the player we know he can be in the second. I hope to see that fire from him in the first round. If he and Jeriah are both on, I feel bad for whomever our opponent is
Maddox is not the scorer that Jeriah is, but hits threes at a comparable percent. That's the 0-5 comparison.

Maddox misses 2 in a row and half a dozen people say he should be taken off the floor.

Maddox is not the scorer that Jeriah is, but hits threes at a comparable percent. That's the 0-5 comparison.

Maddox misses 2 in a row and half a dozen people say he should be taken off the floor.
Jeriah can get his own shot and is a better pure shooter. Maddox just makes more duh plays, but Jeriah’s defensive lapse was huge

Back