What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022/23 class Olympic sports official NLI signing news (Signing period - 11/10/2021-8/1/2022)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
With Wednesday (November 10th) being the start of the signing period for the frosh class of 2022/23 for all Olympic Sports, thought I'd start this thread. As with prior years' threads where I did this, It will be used throughout the signing period to post any news (tweets, articles, pictures, videos, etc.) of future Olympic Sport Buffs officially signing their National Letters of Intents (NLI's).

As always, if/ as any Allbuffians see any official signing news for any future Buffs, please feel free to post it.

The main purpose of this thread is NOT to post news of newly found future Buffs, which is already covered in the http://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/ thread. However, If any new (unknown to us) commits do pop up during the signing process, I'll probably post them both places (with more detail on them being put in the main recruiting thread).

Note- With the option of an additional eligibility year granted to those athletes who, along with their schools, want them, it will be interesting (at least to me) to see how much if any the freshmen classes are smaller over the next year or two.

For ease of reference, from the main recruiting thread (post numbers listed are to posts in that thread), expected signers for next academic year (2022/23) we know about so far that could be signing as early as November 11th are listed below by sport. As I think about it, I’ll also fill in info below as we learn about what student-athletes have officially signed on to become future Buffs.
(Note- with these sports getting much less recruiting exposure than, say, football, it's much more likely that some listed below may end up going to another college.)

Cross Country/ Track and field:

Buff track commitments_2021-11-09_2022s only.gif

Known to have Signed NLI - Men's - Georges, Givens, Williams; Women's - Bruce, Wiley
Previously unknown signee(s) - Men's - Andrada & Kilbarger-Stumpff (post #27), L. Williams (Post #28); Women's - Brigham (post #27)

Golf (Men's & Women's):

Buff golf commitments_2021-11-09_2022s only.gif

Known to have Signed NLI -
Additional previously unknown commitment signee(s) - (Women's) - Miller (Post #7); (Men's) – Swanson (Post #19)

Lacrosse:

Buff lacrosse commitments_2021-11-10_2022s only.gif

Known to have Signed NLI – Shoup, Brower

Previously unknown signee(s) -

Skiing:

None known about before the signing period.

Previously unknown signee(s) - Abrahamsson, Exenberger (Post #5);

Soccer

Buff soccer commitments_2021-11-10_2022s only.gif

Known to have Signed NLI - Allen, Master, Thistle, Petrov, Hayward

Tennis:

Buff tennis commitments_2021-11-10_2022s only.gif

Known to have signed NLI - Hayes

Volleyball:

Buff vball commitments_2021-11-10_2022s only.gif

Known to have Signed NLI - Finley, Meller, DeSensi

(Note- it seems team sport athletes usually verbally commit AND often sign their NLI’s much earlier than those in the “individual” sports (golf, tennis, track & field/ cross country and, especially, skiing), so expect more future Buff individual sport athletes to become known and sign as the signing period goes on.)

Last edited:
Haven't started digging yet, so assume there may be a few others, but we do have our 1st known 2022/23 Olympic sport signing, and it is Mallory (Mal) Allen, who is joining the soccer team next season/ academic year.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to her!

This is actually for the 2021/22 academic year, but since I assume today was also their 1st signing opportunity, figured I'd post it here 1st.

Welcome and congrats to the ski team's newest additions for the coming season (sounds they're both enrolling in January 2022), "Hanna Abrahamsson to the Nordic roster and Elena Exenberger to the alpine roster"!

I didn't know of any women golf commitments ahead of time, but the team has announced one.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Morgan Miller!

No separate tweets or other things I can find from the team at this point, but per the below, volleyball has confirmed 2 of its commitments have officially signed on to be Buffs.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Ms's. Finley and Meller!

Last edited:
And we have our 4th known soccer commitment now signed to play with the Buffs next season.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Ms. Petrov!

From her high school, an Instagram post that confirms volleyball's Emma DeSensi has signed on to become a Buff. (The 6th photo of the post has a photo that can be identified as her (based on her CU shirt).)

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to her!

2nd post I've found showing one of the future lax Buffs signing on.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Ms. Brower!

With the soccer signees, on paper Hayward is the highest rated ever to sign with the Buffs. #2 midfielder in the country in Top Draw Soccer's player ratings and #6 player in IMG's. If Lagacy plays Boulder High, perhaps I'll get to see her play in-person next spring.

Men's golf announced its 2 person 2022 frosh class, 1 (Holbrook) I knew about, one (Swanson) I didn't.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to both!

The sport of the Olympic variety that always sports the (by far) largest roster at CU, track and field, tweets out its 1st official signing acknowledgement.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Ms. Bruce!

Per the below, looks like a couple signing celebrations/ ceremonies are on tap for a couple incoming female Buffs. Volleyballer Rian Finley Reno, NV) has a signing ceremony scheduled for Wednesday, while track and field/ cross country runner Addy Wiley (Huntington, IN) has one scheduled for next Monday.

(Ms. Finley's signing was already announced by the Buffs, so her ceremony is more ceremonial. I hadn't heard anything formal about Ms. Wiley signing, who based on my limited knowledge might be the highest ranked Buff commitment for the track and field team.)

Formal acknowledgement that the one tennis commitment I knew about for this class is now formally signed.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to Ms. Hayes!

Over the last few days, the team's Twitter acct. announced 8 track and field (and in some cases cross country) formal commitments.

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to all!

1st, wanted to note the 2 I wasn't previously aware of:
  • Distance runner Kate Brigham, joining the women's track and cross country teams after she completes her time at Jackson Hole HS in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and
  • transfer sprinter Luc Andrade, who will be joining the men's track team after spending a couple years at BYU. (His prep years were at Pueblo East HS in Pueblo, CO.)

(As usual, I will post more info on them in the Olympic sport recruiting page.)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then, the 6 commits already known about (Due to limits on # of Tweets allowed per post, some will be put in a separate post.):

Back