What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Zach Keller - Hope the Buffs weren't too late to the recruiting party. Acording to his Twitter account he's added an Oregon offer. Also, in an article he says he's hoping to make a decision right at the beginning of the early signing period.

Zach Keller - Hope the Buffs weren't too late to the recruiting party. Acording to his Twitter account he's added an Oregon offer. Also, in an article he says he's hoping to make a decision right at the beginning of the early signing period.
No way! Tad needs to see them in-person not just sending off a bunch of empty offers! Keller + Lovering + Hurlburt! Lets goooooo!

It will be interesting to see what Tad/CU does with the remaining two open scholarships. Obviously there is already a big on board in Hurlburt. So, at this point in time is Tad going to take the two best players that he can get to commit? Or are Brown and Keller key targets at this point?

Looking ahead, the Buffs could be really young at the 4/5 next season, assuming Walker goes to the NBA. That would leave da Silva and Lovering as the only "bigs" with any college experience for '21-'22.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what Tad/CU does with the remaining two open scholarships. Obviously there is already a big on board in Hurlburt. So, at this point in time is Tad going to take the two best players that he can get to commit? Or are Brown and Keller key targets at this point?

At this point, the Buffs could be really young at the 4/5 next season, assuming Walker goes to the NBA. That would leave da Silva and Lovering as the only experienced "bigs" for '21-'22.
Got to take a lead guard and then BPA on a guard, wing or forward.

Luv Chancellor White for CU buffs. Great shooter, defender, point-guard skills may be underrated. Flying under radar since de-committed from East Carolina. Assistant coach who recruited him there moved to Texas A&M, so A&M & Houston may be biggest competition for CU. Though Rice got 2nd visit. I expect a CU visit soon.

A recent news article said Nique Clifford is 6'7. If that is true, days of being undersized on the perimeter may be numbered. Nique, Ruffin & White tough at 1-3 spots! Curious to see if Quincy & Luke get most of minutes at 3 this year. But LOVE we can go big on wings w/ Walker & da Silva. Or go small w/ three guard line-ups.

May be academic due to the 1st tweet below, but the Buffs evidently offered this 6'3" SG from Minnesota who just announced his commitment's to Minnesota. (247's timeline shows the Buff offer date was today, and is showing an official visit to Boulder late this month. Don't know if that changed with the commitment?)

Watching more tape on ‘22 point-guards the last few days, I really Luv both Avery Brown & Chandler Jackson to help CU reach their goal of “Sweet-16 & beyond.”

On the surface, Avery may be more elite passer & Chandler may be more elite in his toughness & strength driving to the hole. But both really are 2 of the best in class as true point guards: 3-level scorers, create shots for themselves & others, strong D, good rebounding for guards, play up-tempo, and most importantly (to earn keys to O, that they both would do) is strong IQ, character & commitment to team-first ball.

Luv to see both on team, which would probably push Nique & Javon to more 2-3 spots versus 1-3 spots. If only get 1 of the 2, still Luv Chancellor White as 2nd commit to play 1-3 spots on wing. Regardless, Tad should have the depth for his preferred 2 point-guard line-ups.

Other direction is to get a bigger wing in 3/4 combo forwards Jasen Green or Zach Keller. Luv Zach’s fit as Dennis Rodman- type elite-motored runner, rebounder & defender who is still efficient scorer at all 3 levels. Could see Zach as great fit next to Tristan, with their complementary skills.

Jasen may be more in the mold of ‘Bari, with potential to grow into a super-efficient 4-man’s modern O game, which we may need if ‘Bari goes NBA after this Sophomore year (take 4th ‘22 commit now versus transfer in Spring versus Baye Fall or Assane Diop in ‘23?). Zach & Jasen both have great frames that could add weight. Pharrell Payne w/ elite post game may be next stretch big/wing to earn offer?

Chandler Jackson can go to any school he wants. That will be a long shot recruitment.

Jackson may be longshot, but Tad doesn't give empty scholarships- so assume coach Rick Ray has enough of a relationship for a chance to make his top 10 on 8/31.

That said, Avery Brown has to remain CU's #1 target. But LUV Jackson or White joining Brown to make an elite backcourt that will only solidify Tad's "Sweet-16 & beyond" goals! If Brown doesn't commit by 10/31, I like our chances to increase w/ both Brown & Jasen Green- as we're likely to beat their other top choice-Nebraska!

But I might guess that we could see a commitment from Brown & Zach Keller before the Nebraska exhibition? Pharrel Payne visiting Minnesota this weekend, & I assume Zach, Jasen or "Phranchise" still are priorities after CU secures a big guard commit? CU to offer big wing's Malik Dia, Bobi Kintman, or Taj Manning by then?

Don't know what the story is (he doesn't have an individual tweet I could find saying when he received a Buff (or Ute) offer, and verbalcommits also don't list them), but this 6'5" SG SF looks to possibly be of interest to the Buffs, and they made his top 6.

Jackson may be longshot, but Tad doesn't give empty scholarships- so assume coach Rick Ray has enough of a relationship for a chance to make his top 10 on 8/31.

That said, Avery Brown has to remain CU's #1 target. But LUV Jackson or White joining Brown to make an elite backcourt that will only solidify Tad's "Sweet-16 & beyond" goals! If Brown doesn't commit by 10/31, I like our chances to increase w/ both Brown & Jasen Green- as we're likely to beat their other top choice-****braska!

But I might guess that we could see a commitment from Brown & Zach Keller before the ****braska exhibition? Pharrel Payne visiting Minnesota this weekend, & I assume Zach, Jasen or "Phranchise" still are priorities after CU secures a big guard commit? CU to offer big wing's Malik Dia, Bobi Kintman, or Taj Manning by then?
Pharrel committed to Minnesota. Malik Dia & Taj Manning didn’t include CU in list cut.

Still like Bobi Klintman, and Las Vegas’s Joshua Jefferson and Aaron Price- if we don’t get Zach or Jasen.

Luv Chancellor White! Please add to AllBuffs 2022 prospect list - mediator. Thx!

Pharrel committed to Minnesota. Malik Dia & Taj Manning didn’t include CU in list cut.

Still like Bobi Klintman, and Las Vegas’s Joshua Jefferson and Aaron Price- if we don’t get Zach or Jasen.

Luv Chancellor White! Please add to AllBuffs 2022 prospect list - mediator. Thx!
Click me!

Don't know what the story is (he doesn't have an individual tweet I could find saying when he received a Buff (or Ute) offer, and verbalcommits also don't list them), but this 6'5" SG SF looks to possibly be of interest to the Buffs, and they made his top 6.

This better be a walk on offer.

6’4 point guard RJ Smith included CU in his top 5 list also, but I have to think Payne, Smith (and maybe still Tajavis Miller; Luv his 6’8 length on 6’3 height) all must be secondary options behind primary options Brown, Jackson and/or White?

Chandler Jackson’s top 10 this coming Tuesday? With Memphis & Vandy over schollys, I think Colorado has good chance to beat out Creighton & George Mason to join Alabama, Auburn, Kansas, Ole Miss, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Florida St, Wake Forrest, & Texas? He said he wants to live in nice city, which could push CU over the top, & Luv coach Ray’s relationship building. Hope Tad getting in his ear too.

CU was in early with defensively elite Dustin Daniels (who’s going to G League), but I like Jackson, Brown & White more than Daniels for CU. All great 2-way players too, with better size and complete O games. White may not have had as much of a chance to show his point guard skills, but Jackson and Brown both seem to have elite leadership and team-first mentality that will earn them keys to O.

Chandler Jackson’s top 10 this coming Tuesday? With Memphis & Vandy over schollys, I think Colorado has good chance to beat out Creighton & George Mason to join Alabama, Auburn, Kansas, Ole Miss, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Florida St, Wake Forrest, & Texas? He said he wants to live in nice city, which could push CU over the top, & Luv coach Ray’s relationship building. Hope Tad getting in his ear too.

CU was in early with defensively elite Dustin Daniels (who’s going to G League), but I like Jackson, Brown & White more than Daniels for CU. All great 2-way players too, with better size and complete O games. White may not have had as much of a chance to show his point guard skills, but Jackson and Brown both seem to have elite leadership and team-first mentality that will earn them keys to O.
I meant Dyson Daniels, from Australia.

Dyson Daniels may be going to G League, but Avery Brown may be best CU fit of ‘22!

CU has many players whose O is ahead of D now, so need elite passer like Brown to distribute. Also elite leadership, especially to lead by example on D-side w/ his strong D! Plus pushes pace, breaks down D with penetration, and great outside shooter who can play off-ball with Kee or KJ- when we want smaller guard at the one spot. Luv our combo-guard depth to have at-least 2 ball-handlers on the court at all times!

Hope Brown comes for another official when Hurlburt, Keller, Green, White are here- so they can play some pick-up against team! Or better yet, hope Brown commits versus waiting for Nebraska’s & ASU’s top recruiting priorities to decide!

If Brown & Keller join Hurlburt- then ‘22 recruiting class could finish in 20-30 range. Though Tad could care less about ratings, & seems to have better eye for developing future pros than any recruiting services do.

But even w/ White and/or Green, it should be a class that may eventually play at top- 25 level, even if ranked in 30-40s range? White/Green seem like borderline top-150 type guys-even for deep class like ‘22 is.

I haven't been as excited for the next month of b-ball news in over 35 years of following college basketball- including the 7 days I spent camped out to get front row tickets to see top-10 matchup of Louisville and Pervis Ellison' versus New Mexico and Luc Longley! Either way, the Buffs in Sweet-16 & beyond is in our near future!

Green and White committed elsewhere. I'm SO ALL-IN on Keller and Brown! The 2 best two-way players of bunch, anyways. So, really, the best fits for CU!

How good CU's defense is in the coming years, and how quickly they get there, will probably be the benchmark for how far this current squad goes. The trend was already showing last year: team became top-20 O, and top-40 D. Where-as Tad would probably prefer top-20 D. But a good problem to have great scorers! Go Buffs!

Green and White committed elsewhere. I'm SO ALL-IN on Keller and Brown! The 2 best two-way players of bunch, anyways. So, really, the best fits for CU!

How good CU's defense is in the coming years, and how quickly they get there, will probably be the benchmark for how far this current squad goes. The trend was already showing last year: team became top-20 O, and top-40 D. Where-as Tad would probably prefer top-20 D. But a good problem to have great scorers! Go Buffs!
Meh. The only one I'm at all interested in of these four is Brown. The rest are overhyped.

Back