What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Offseason Thread

Hard to be excited when there's nothing more than a few boosters saying, "wait and see". Kelli seems to be a highly intelligent lady who is in tune with the CFB landscape, and I have to assume this Jeremy guy also isn't completely naïve, so I'm definitely intrigued. Problem still lies in the idea that until the administration gets behind athletics and wants a winning program, will it matter?

Maybe new President Todd Saliman, who has shown to be a fan of the football program, has pledged his support to better athletics and is trying to organize a large funding effort? I think that's best case scenario here, so it's likely less than that, but I guess we'll see at some point.
A good start would be revamping the admissions department totally. No more ridiculous transfer requirements that literally no other School has. Stop with the Harvard of the west BS. No one cares, nor thinks this. Athletic based degrees (PE, etc.) that athletes are interested in, or ones that fit better with their desire to succeed in. I presume a new Chancellor is probably the only way this happens.

Calling it now - Whatever this thing turns out to be, it will DISAPPOINT.
These two seem to want the program to succeed at a high level and have the funds to get something started. It's a start and have to give them credit for working through the almost impossible nature of the School. I'd support if the School decided to invest properly. Just about all fans and boosters are in a wait and see mode. The School and AD doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
My suspicion is the move is to drum up sagging ticket sales with a flag waving, drum beating, much ado about nothing promo.

Or, maybe we will all get Buff colored power towels.
Nobody is buying tickets because Kelli Brooks and this Jeremy guy are saying there’s “something exciting happening”.

I’m sure there is something tangible going on and I don’t think Kelli would be pumping sunshine if it was a legit nothingburger (she was the one consistently calling out RG every week publicly for his shoe tweets on gameday when the team was ass). She has put her money where her mouth is before so I’ll wait and see what this is

Nobody is buying tickets because Kelli Brooks and this Jeremy guy are saying there’s “something exciting happening”.

I’m sure there is something tangible going on and I don’t think Kelli would be pumping sunshine if it was a legit nothingburger (she was the one consistently calling out RG every week publicly for his shoe tweets on gameday when the team was ass). She has put her money where her mouth is before so I’ll wait and see what this is
I am probably over cynical at this point.

I’m assuming we’re moving to the BIG until proven otherwise.
Wouldn't be the craziest thing if the B1G invited the western AAUs to form a super conference.

Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington

25 teams.

From there, go bigger with Notre Dame plus the ACC AAUs (Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia plus Syracuse which chose to drop AAU because it conflicted with its more liberal arts mission) to go to 32.

4 divisions of 8 teams.

7 division games + 3 against other divisions + 2 non-conference.

Conf tourney is either the 4 division champs or maybe those 4 + a play-in game for #4 vs the highest ranked non Div champ.

Winner plays the winner of the SEC super conference champion in a College Super Bowl that determines the National champion.

(in this scenario, SEC gets to 32 from 16 via: Miami, Florida State, Clemson, VA Tech, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor, NC State, West Virginia, TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati, UCF, BYU and San Diego State).

Mental masturbation and off the cuff, but I think I'd be ok with this.

Wouldn't be the craziest thing if the B1G invited the western AAUs to form a super conference.

Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington

25 teams.

From there, go bigger with Notre Dame plus the ACC AAUs (Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia plus Syracuse which chose to drop AAU because it conflicted with its more liberal arts mission) to go to 32.

4 divisions of 8 teams.

Conf tourney is either the 4 division champs or maybe those 4 + a play-in game for #4 vs the highest ranked non Div champ.

Winner plays the winner of the SEC super conference champion in a College Super Bowl that determines the National champion.

(in this scenario, SEC gets to 32 from 16 via: Miami, Florida State, Clemson, VA Tech, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor, NC State, West Virginia, TCU, Louisville, Cincinnati, UCF, BYU and San Diego State).

Bet you could use a sandwich about now

Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Oregon
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington

25 teams.

4 divisions of 8 teams.

In all honesty, nik, that would be about as good of a scenario as anyone could dream of right now. Continuing to incorporate all the P5 teams, but consolidating conferences to form an “AFC” and an “NFC”. Rev share the media deals but obviously allow for merch, gate and donor money to separate the big boys from the middling programs. Create more parity and competitive balance and basically an NFL-lite.

Is it me, or does it seem she cares more than our administration and AD?

Also was she the one that broke the news about the sound system, or was it addressed before that tweet?
There are people of means who care and aren't the type of folks who have ever accepted mediocrity, let alone failure. Kelli is a leader among these fans - who are the only reason I haven't completely given up hope.

Hard to be excited when there's nothing more than a few boosters saying, "wait and see". Kelli seems to be a highly intelligent lady who is in tune with the CFB landscape, and I have to assume this Jeremy guy also isn't completely naïve, so I'm definitely intrigued. Problem still lies in the idea that until the administration gets behind athletics and wants a winning program, will it matter?

Maybe new President Todd Saliman, who has shown to be a fan of the football program, has pledged his support to better athletics and is trying to organize a large funding effort? I think that's best case scenario here, so it's likely less than that, but I guess we'll see at some point.
Calling it now - Whatever this thing turns out to be, it will DISAPPOINT.
As much as I appreciate the support and passion Kelli seems to have for CU football and maybe her ability to generate some enthusiasm among some other donors we have to recognize that the kind of resources she has wouldn't even get her a front table at the recruiting luncheon at a bunch of SEC/B1G/ACC schools or even some PAC12 schools.

A&M, ND, tOSU, Bama, Georgia, and others could fill a room with people who step up with resources bigger than Kelli can. CU would have a hard time filling a suite.

As much as I appreciate the support and passion Kelli seems to have for CU football and maybe her ability to generate some enthusiasm among some other donors we have to recognize that the kind of resources she has wouldn't even get her a front table at the recruiting luncheon at a bunch of SEC/B1G/ACC schools or even some PAC12 schools.

A&M, ND, tOSU, Bama, Georgia, and others could fill a room with people who step up with resources bigger than Kelli can. CU would have a hard time filling a suite.
Dude. She donated north of $3M to the program. It’s pretty weird to downplay that contribution.

Dude. She donated north of $3M to the program. It’s pretty weird to downplay that contribution.
Not downplaying it in any way. Her contributions and her passion are welcome and needed.

Just understand though that at some other schools she would be one of many and far from the biggest.

If we had another 10 like her then we would be getting somewhere.

There are people of means who care and aren't the type of folks who have ever accepted mediocrity, let alone failure. Kelli is a leader among these fans - who are the only reason I haven't completely given up hope.
Exactly. And she is very confident in this plan. It is hard not to be skeptical, but I have great respect for her and her ability to make things happen.

Can somebody give the exact details of what Ms. Brooks has donated? I’ve heard different stories from different people including some that say it hasn’t even happened yet. Just trying to lock in on the facts. Thanks in advance.

Can somebody give the exact details of what Ms. Brooks has donated? I’ve heard different stories from different people including some that say it hasn’t even happened yet. Just trying to lock in on the facts. Thanks in advance.
Not sure why it matters, but there was a cubuffs.com article on it a year or two ago.

We don't know how much she has actually given. And my guess is that her "estate commitment" is not binding.
The previous largest endowment to CU athletics was over $3M, her commitment exceeded that.

I guess I don’t understand jumping in here to question the commitment and contributions of one of the sole donors we have.

I’m happy and thankful that we have someone like Kelli who gives enough of a **** to put her cash up.

Last edited:
The previous largest endowment to CU athletics was over $3M, her commitment exceeded that.

I guess I don’t understand jumping in here to question the commitment and contributions of one of the sole donors we have.

I’m happy and thankful that we have someone like Kelli who gives enough of a **** to put her cash up.
Just saying, and I say this from a place of experience, what Kelli has actually given might not be what you think it is.

Uhhhhh 3M donation will get you a seat anywhere.maybe not top dog status, but the AD will assuredly return your call.

Uhhhhh 3M donation will get you a seat anywhere.
I'm not arguing that it is insignificant but I could easily name 20 schools where 3M may not put her in the top 10 in a given year.

In no way am I trying to diminish her contribution. Reality is though that unless we get a bunch more like her we are still falling behind.

This article is from 2014, https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/09/college-football-boosters-top-25/ no surprise the numbers are now much bigger but the concept is the same. When it comes to donations we are far behind.

Back