What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News

Sorry in advance if this has been mentioned somewhere in another thread, but wanted to note the NCAA Council on Thursday passed some rulings that formally opens up more "normal" recruiting on June 1st (assuming state and local Covid-19 rules and regulation allows it).

The announcement below also describes some football-specific rules for this season which I assume are to help coaches catch up (to the extent possible) for lost contact during the pandemic.

There's also something to allow football and basketball student-athletes to receive financial aid over this summer if they'll be practicing over this summer, normally take summer classes, but won't be this year for whatever reason.

Full release - https://www.ncaa.org/about/resource...ivision-i-return-recruiting-activities-june-1

Some of the general and football specific-stuff from the release:

"
All Division I sports will return to their regular recruiting calendars beginning June 1. The Division I Council approved the return to recruiting activities during its videoconference this week.

Council members also acknowledged that schools in different areas of the country could be limited based on campus, local and state requirements.

“We are delighted to announce that as of June 1, all sports will return to their normal recruiting calendars,” said Council chair M. Grace Calhoun, athletics director at Pennsylvania. “We want to thank all prospective student-athletes, their families, coaches and current student-athletes for their patience as we determined the best way to move forward safely with recruiting in Division I.”

Football recruiting will look a little different in the next year, as the Council approved several adjustments aimed at providing recruiting opportunities for prospective student-athletes whose recruitment was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Council issued a waiver to permit on-campus evaluations during unofficial visits during the days football camps and clinics are allowed in June and July 2021 only, with some restrictions. The number of evaluation days in the sport will increase from 42 to 56 during the fall 2021 evaluation period only.

The Council also approved a waiver of the telephone call legislation for football for the 2021-22 academic year only. The waiver allows telephone calls during a prospective student-athlete’s junior year on the following schedule in 2022:
  • In January, beginning the Sunday after the American Football Coaches Association Convention, one call per week.
  • No calls in February.
  • One call per week in March.
  • Calls at the school’s discretion in April and May.
  • One call per week in June and July.
  • Aug. 1 through the Saturday after the AFCA Convention:
    • Additional calls to prospective student-athletes or their family are not permitted before Sept. 1 of the beginning of their senior year in high school.
    • After Sept. 1, calls are limited to once per week outside a contact period and may be made at the school’s discretion during a contact period.
The waiver is effective Aug. 1, 2021.

Additionally, the Council granted a blanket waiver to allow schools to provide men’s and women’s basketball and football student-athletes with funds equal to the amount they would have received through summer athletics aid if they were enrolled in summer classes, minus tuition and fees. The funding would cover meals, lodging and expenses. Earlier this year, the Council granted an expanded waiver allowing all students in those sports to participate in practice over the summer, no matter if they were enrolled in summer school.
"

Re recent offer CJ Stokes (see my post #355 above), some possible info (I know nothing and won't vouch anything about the tweeter's accuracy) on his upcoming official visits.-

Re recent offer CJ Stokes (see my post #336 above), some possible info (I know nothing about and won't vouch anything about the tweeter's accuracy) on his upcoming official visits.-

This is really good. Of June visitors, what percentage are 4*? Is there a quick reference for this?

Re recent offer CJ Stokes (see my post #336 above), some possible info (I know nothing about and won't vouch anything about the tweeter's accuracy) on his upcoming official visits.-

Can't find a thread set up for him. (Sorry if I'm just missing it.

Anyways, looks like he chose Ann Arbor.

Going into PA for a kid in this class with 0 reported offers. Nice

Back