What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Just curious, why? He hasn't shown much of anything in his 3 seasons at LSU.
Just a feeling that a coach like Tad could get a lot out of a kid like him. Despite their mild success I think the culture at LSU was a mess. I also think coaching was suspect. Plus, I wouldn't mind the pub it would bring to the program having Shaq sporting CU gear, attending games and talking us up.

I'd also love either (both?) of the two forwards transfering out of Texas Tech or the Agbonkpolo kid from USC.

Last edited:
Just a feeling that a coach like Tad could get a lot out of a kid like him. Despite their mild success I think the culture at LSU was a mess. I also think coaching was suspect. Plus, I woouldn't mind the pub it would bring to the program having Shaq sporting CU gear, attending games and talking us up.

I'd also love either (both?) of the two forwards transfering out of Texas Tech or the Agbonkpolo kid from USC.
Love Shaq. Bring Shareef in!*

(This is never happening)

Last edited:
Losing Kee is a concern, he is the best pure shooter in the program. I'm guessing Tad told him he would be a SG or come off the bench behind KJ (reasonable) and Julian Hammond (definitely an issue with JH starting and playing more than Kee).

Kee probably has the highest ceiling of any of the guards, but only approached that ceiling very briefly. First half of the @Oregon? game I’m thinking, he was brilliant. But at his floor he was almost unplayable. He was on the floor side of his median more than the ceiling side imo. I wish him the best and will absolutely cheer for him at his next stop.

I wondered all year what was up with Eli. Just speculating, but it looked like he was wanting more than being a defensive stopper & was focused on getting his on offense. That he and Kee were competitive for that and didn't play well together. Both looked frustrated all the time and neither ever seemed to blend their games to the team. Sucks, because both are damn good college basketball players.

it's odd to me that we seem so ok with losing Kee, can't recall a non-grad transfer out of the program that I've been more disappointed with

I'm hoping Hammond proves me wrong and doesn't become Talton 2.0, his speed and athleticism really leaves something to be desired from a lead guard. I see him more as an eventual upperclassmen reserve who is a reliable ball handler, streaky 3 pt shooter, and doesn't get out of position on D

it's odd to me that we seem so ok with losing Kee, can't recall a non-grad transfer out of the program that I've been more disappointed with

I'm hoping Hammond proves me wrong and doesn't become Talton 2.0, his speed and athleticism really leaves something to be desired from a lead guard. I see him more as an eventual upperclassmen reserve who is a reliable ball handler, streaky 3 pt shooter, and doesn't get out of position on D
If your backup PG defends, gets your offense sets flowing, knocks down 3s at a rate the defense has to respect, and can go to the rim with toughness/ authority... what more do we really want? I think Hammond is that guy and it's been a weakness in Tad's program that we've never been able to rest our primary PG without having things fall apart.

Hammond had over twice as many points, assists, steals, and rebounds playing 12 minutes to XT's 7 as a freshman and had 5 starts to XT's 0 on team's that had the same record. XT only played 3 minutes in the buffs last game of the season, Hammond played 17. He met your qualifications of a reserve who was a reliable ball handler, shooter and position defender this year as a true freshman who was a two sport athlete in high school. How can he not improve upon that if he's already done that? I was very impressed with Hammond by the end of the year. Agree with @Buffnik even if his peak is the first backup guard off the bench to give KJ a rest that's huge! Imagine if Kin had that last year. However, I think he can do more!

Hammond had over twice as many points, assists, steals, and rebounds playing 12 minutes to XT's 7 as a freshman and had 5 starts to XT's 0 on team's that had the same record. XT only played 3 minutes in the buffs last game of the season, Hammond played 17. He met your qualifications of a reserve who was a reliable ball handler, shooter and position defender this year as a true freshman who was a two sport athlete in high school. How can he not improve upon that if he's already done that? I was very impressed with Hammond by the end of the year. Agree with @Buffnik even if his peak is the first backup guard off the bench to give KJ a rest that's huge! Imagine if Kin had that last year. However, I think he can do more!

Agree. Though he doesn't have the speed of Kee or KJ, he's strong enough to be able to drive and finish and will only get better as he progresses.

If your backup PG defends, gets your offense sets flowing, knocks down 3s at a rate the defense has to respect, and can go to the rim with toughness/ authority... what more do we really want? I think Hammond is that guy and it's been a weakness in Tad's program that we've never been able to rest our primary PG without having things fall apart.

what I’d want more is a junior guard who has improved each season and can drop 20 on any given night

I suppose I’m viewing this too much as a trade off between Kee and Hammond when that’s maybe not what happened

that Luke guy is wild with his stream of consciousness posts, but I hope he's onto something with us snagging Avery Brown

Last edited:
what I’d want more is a junior guard who has improved each season and can drop 20 on any given night

I suppose I’m viewing this too much as a trade off between Kee and Hammond when that’s maybe not what happened

that Luke guy is wild with his stream of consciousness posts, but I hope they’re onto something with us snagging Avery Brown
KJ forced Tad to make a choice this year: KJ or Kee. They are similar players, but in big moments and against big teams, more often than not KJ was more effective despite shooting poorly from 3. Going forward, Tad chose KJ. Hammond getting starts wasn't about him replacing Kee, it was about Tad sending a message to Kee and KJ about how to play. I would bet that KJ's minutes were less effected than Kee's by Hammond's increased minutes.

KJ forced Tad to make a choice this year: KJ or Kee. They are similar players, but in big moments and against big teams, more often than not KJ was more effective despite shooting poorly from 3. Going forward, Tad chose KJ. Hammond getting starts wasn't about him replacing Kee, it was about Tad sending a message to Kee and KJ about how to play. I would bet that KJ's minutes were less effected than Kee's by Hammond's increased minutes.
Yep, at the end of the season we mostly saw KJ on the court to close out games.

Ben Carlson and Matthew Mors both make some sense. We recruited both out of high school, both in the 100-150 range. Both front court players that left Wisconsin. Matthew left due to homesickness though so we might not be an option. Carlson looked like he dealt with injury issues.

Assume "reaching out to" can mean many things (and levels of interest), but a couple names I've seen in the last day in the Twitterverse that mentioned the Buffs -

A 6'2" sophomore (this past season) G from Belmont -

___________________________________________________________________________________-

a 6'8" F (assume he might be a grad transfer?) from D2 Hillsdale College (in Michigan) -

Assume "reaching out to" can mean many things (and levels of interest), but a couple names I've seen in the last day in the Twitterverse that mentioned the Buffs -

___________________________________________________________________________________-

a 6'8" F (assume he might be a grad transfer?) from D2 Hillsdale College (in Michigan) -

No thanks on both. We need to make a splash to get us to the next level. Forwards only need apply.

The D2 AA thing is very interesting to me for any guy who has the body & athleticism. We had the DWhite success and Creighton's season performance was due in large part to a D2 transfer.

The D2 AA thing is very interesting to me for any guy who has the body & athleticism. We had the DWhite success and Creighton's season performance was due in large part to a D2 transfer.
There’s been more and more hits with that I feel like. D White, Duncan Robinson kind of started it. Ryan Hawkins is the Creighton player, Max Strus a few years back at DePaul is another. D white was the exception in that list that wasn’t a shooter.

Back