What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

(REALLY hard to find much of anything about him (Braxton Jones) via Google search, so not that confident this is a real offer (???). However, figured I'd post this just in case, mainly based on finding an article (https://krod.com/utep-basketball-dips-into-recruiting-waters-for-2022-23-season/) from a couple weeks ago in what looks to be UTEP's main radio network station's website that says he's received some impressive offers (Arizona, Syracuse, etc.), and "... He is a former four-star prospect out of high school. The point guard played for IMG Academy, Iowa Western Community College and most recently, plays for Prolific Prep".)

Last edited:
I don't let go of my guys easy; still hoping Eli & Kee walk back in that door!
But I'm am instant fan of Braxton Jones! Takes the sting off a little, with Jones showing Kee sped, maybe 'Kin toughness, & no drop-off on D side of ball! https://scoopmantv.com/2020/07/30/trenton-catholic-guard-braxton-jones-a-prospect-to-watch/Brind i
Good Videos, looks to have some deep range:
I'm impressed CU already had Braxton in town earlier this week:

Also, assuming Avery Brown & Braxton know each other from NY's PSA Cardinals, and I like that combo!
I was trying to get excited for Cam Hayes, Rahsool Diggins or Nijel Pack- but Braxton w/ a little of each!

Going through Braxton's tweets, he's got a ton of offers (mentioned above, plus Zags, Hoyas, St. John's, Providence, Minnesota, TCU, Miami, others). But I couldn't find any stats, profiles or highlights.

Going through Braxton's tweets, he's got a ton of offers (mentioned above, plus Zags, Hoyas, St. John's, Providence, Minnesota, TCU, Miami, others). But I couldn't find any stats, profiles or highlights.
Prep Hoops Player Profile has highlights at the bottom of the page:

Pac 12 transfers as of today:

WSU: Noah Williams, Jefferson Koulialby, Ryan Rapp
Washington: Dominiq Penn
Oregon: Franck Kepnang, Isaac Johnson, Eric Williams Jr
Oregon State: Dashawn Davis, Gianni Hunt, Jarod Lucas
USC: Ethan Anderson, Boubicar Koulibay, Max Abongpolo,
Stanford: Jaiden Delaire, Noah Taitz
California: Logan Alters (walk on)
Colorado: Kee, Eli, Amondo Miller (walk on)
UCLA: Jake Kyman
ASU: Justin Rochelin, Jalen Graham, Demari Williams, Will Felton
Arizona: None
Utah: Riley Battin, David Jenkins Jr, Dusan Mahorcic , Lahat Thione,

For everyone moaning about Kee. Noah Williams, Jarod Lucas, Eric Williams, Jalen Graham, and Jaiden Delaire arguably all meant more to their programs.

Winners: UCLA, Arizona, Washington

Losers: ASU, Oregon State

For everyone moaning about Kee. Noah Williams, Jarod Lucas, Eric Williams, Jalen Graham, and Jaiden Delaire arguably all meant more to their programs.

TL;DR version: Good players want to play on good teams and the current transfer rules generally helps the rich get richer while the poor stay poor.

I don't have a good answer, but this isn't really working in its current form.

TL;DR version: Good players want to play on good teams and the current transfer rules generally helps the rich get richer while the poor stay poor.

I don't have a good answer, but this isn't really working in its current form.
I think the key for 2nd tier programs (#35-70) such as ours is just to mitigate the loses each year. 1-2 players, especially if they are grads, is more than manageable in this environment. When you start losing 4-5 undergrad contributors or your 1-2 stars, you're fooked.

Yeah, that's because it is a fake Twitter account and not a real offer from CU. ;)

Buffs are set to host a 2022 recruit and a graduate transfer, beginning tonight, though: https://247sports.com/college/color...asketball-set-to-host-two-visitors-185887034/

christmas vacation GIF

I dont get a player like Taitz leaving Furd. Dude you are barely 6'3" you aren't making a case for the league, are you really going to leave what could be a life-changing educational opportunity for more PT at some crap school?

Yeah, that's because it is a fake Twitter account and not a real offer from CU. ;)

Buffs are set to host a 2022 recruit and a graduate transfer, beginning tonight, though: https://247sports.com/college/color...asketball-set-to-host-two-visitors-185887034/
What the heck? Not so sure I understand the motivation for fake Twitter accounts for college BB players and fake offers. Mom generated hype? Sounds like something my mom might do if she was a millennial. Then I’d have to tell her I’m not going to school anymore and I have no basketball talent.

Jeff Linder just went out at got Ethan Anderson and Max Agbongpolo from USC. I know we can’t win in Laramie but we should add that game to the schedule. Jeff Linder is legit and that loss doesn’t sting us as much if they are consistently a 20+ win team. Wonder how long before he’s plucked. Secretly was hoping he wouldn’t have this quick of success would be a great Tad replacement. But I also hope Tad has 5-10 more years in him.

Sorry, I have no respect for Adam's reporting. I usually know more about CU recruiting than Adam. ie: Adam reported CU didn't have an offer in to Fall or Diop - a month after offers were made. FYI: CU's has had a relationship with Bobi Klintman before he moved to states or committed to Maryland-over 1/ 1/2 years ago!

From https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/65657/pg-braxton-jones-mbb-offered:
"krod.com/utep-basketball-dips-into-recruiting-waters-for-2022-23-season/

Braxton Jones is a former four-star prospect out of high school. The point guard played for IMG Academy, Iowa Western Community College and most recently, plays for Prolific Prep. He holds offers from Syracuse, Weber State, Wake Forest, TCU, Minnesota, Stanford, Miami, Liberty, Providence, Fresno State and Arizona.

Its been hard to follow Jones' HS career its all over the place, New jersey, IMG (Fla), Iowa CC, Pro Prep (Napa, CA) I assume he was the class of '22, but now has added a prep school year to his career, now class of '23? The guy has a ton of offers, so I assume his grades are an issue? I can't speak to his character, but that may be an issue too. (read through some of of his social media posts.)"

Maybe Braxton posted fake pictures of him flying into Boulder, the food he ate, & visiting CU's arena. But the fact that Adam would report that it's a fake offer, just cause Adam couldn't find him on Iowa Western's roster- is just BAD & UNETHICAL REPORTING! Maybe Adam should have asked Tad and Company first?

Sorry, I have no respect for Adam's reporting. I usually know more about CU recruiting than Adam. ie: Adam reported CU didn't have an offer in to Fall or Diop - a month after offers were made. FYI: CU's has had a relationship with Bobi Klintman before he moved to states or committed to Maryland-over 1/ 1/2 years ago!

Braxton Jones is a former four-star prospect out of high school. The point guard played for IMG Academy, Iowa Western Community College and most recently, plays for Prolific Prep. He holds offers from Syracuse, Weber State, Wake Forest, TCU, Minnesota, Stanford, Miami, Liberty, Providence, Fresno State and Arizona.

Its been hard to follow Jones' HS career its all over the place, New jersey, IMG (Fla), Iowa CC, Pro Prep (Napa, CA) I assume he was the class of '22, but now has added a prep school year to his career, now class of '23? The guy has a ton of offers, so I assume his grades are an issue? I can't speak to his character, but that may be an issue too. (read through some of of his social media posts.)"

Maybe Braxton posted fake pictures of him flying into Boulder, the food he ate, & visiting CU's arena. But the fact that Adam would report that it's a fake offer, just cause Adam couldn't find him on Iowa Western's roster- is just BAD & UNETHICAL REPORTING! Maybe Adam should have asked Tad and Company first?

It is easier for a basketball player to fly under the radar and who knows what the scoop is on him.

I feel pretty confident though that if Tad is bringing him in and offering him that his grades aren't going to be an issue and his character is good as well. Tad had a bad experience a few years back with a team that had character issues and ended up with the most difficult year of coaching he had experienced. He doesn't plan to repeat it.

If he is being offered I'm comfortable that Tad has checked him out and is confident that he will be a positive part of the program.

$.02

Honest question: what airline brings you in over Boulder? And to what airport?
And nothing is that green here right now. What’s the deal?

Sounded like Adam asked about Braxton and that's why he said it wasn't legit.

In general, hoops doesn't pay any bills at 247 Stampede. When I went to read his visitor article yesterday, there were only like 2 replies. I know Adam would like to be able to justify a larger focus on basketball. But it is what it is.

I didn't report that based on not locating him on Iowa Western's roster. I am more dialed into CU's men's basketball recruiting efforts than any reporter on the beat, but unfortunately the interest isn't there for me to spend as much time reporting on it as a I want to.

Last edited:
Damn. He was their entire offense. That is gonna hurt. On the other hand I am unlikely to see ISU in the tourney next year so I wont have the pain of watching them butcher nearly every tenant of successful offensive play.

Damn. He was their entire offense. That is gonna hurt. On the other hand I am unlikely to see ISU in the tourney next year so I wont have the pain of watching them butcher nearly every tenant of successful offensive play.
*tenet

Back