What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Roster Additions

I'll do some updates later to get guys added and edit to Transfer Ratings when available.

But this post is simply to point out that CU is now ranked #1 among transfer classes.

With heartfelt wishes to fans of other programs,

Buffnik
go **** yourself middle finger GIF
This here is pretty interesting -
it’s nice in that it takes into consideration what you’ve lost. A little more interesting is the NIL value for CU now - both it’s computed value and what’s its change was.

This here is pretty interesting -
it’s nice in that it takes into consideration what you’ve lost. A little more interesting is the NIL value for CU now - both it’s computed value and what’s its change was.
Their system has some bizarre outcomes. I like that they net out the results, but if everyone is going to be lumped between 85 and 87, what difference does it make?

I'm way behind now. Screw it. Going to go out for lunch and a movie. Hopefully I won't miss any fireworks and announcements will come in after 2pm.

Some thoughts/data on some young guys that might have a future here. Won't comment on true frosh from '22 who did not play.

Defensive Line

Aaron Austin - Smallish DL, played 83 defensive snaps in 7 games as a True Frosh. Good offer list, several P5s including Illini, Arizona, WSU, Nubs, KSU, Minn....
Visited SMU officially and committed early to CU. Did not redshirt, says perhaps more about the state of DL, but played over some other guys like Baugh.
Ryan WIlliams - CU was his only real offer, but played 147 defensive snaps after redshirting. Good size and might develop with good coaching.
Tyas Martin - played over 300 snaps as a RS Frosh in 2022.
Unknown: 8 snaps in year 3 for Baugh

Edge
Grant - played 122 snaps as a RS Frosh.
Magalei played less than 10 as same..
Bowser and Ludwick took their RS. All but Ludwick had decent offers.

ILB
Kerry and Aubrey Smith both burned their RS with Smith getting 70+ snaps and Kerry playing STs. Both had decent options as recruits.
Mister Williams played 116 snaps as a RS frosh.
Marvin Ham played 195 snaps as a SO.
Hurtado did nothing as a Juco transfer SO.

Safety
Simeon Harris - played 316 snaps as a True Frosh.
Tyrin Taylor played over 600 snaps as a true Soph.
Trevor Woods - played over 600 snaps as a true Soph.
Xavier Smith - lightly recruited, redshirted
Dylan Dixson - highly recruited, redshirted
Oakie Salave'a - lightly recruited, redshirted

Cornerback
Nikko Reed - starter as True Soph
Toren Pittman - Special teams stalwart as True Soph
Jason Oliver - played over 200 snaps as True Frosh, very solid Offer list (Utah, Oreg State, Cal...)
Josh Wiggins - had a few good offers, and was offered by Jackson State. Redshirted
Keyshon Mills - lightly recruited, redshirted.

Offensive Line (unable to know with the young guys)

Tight Ends - logjam here of Sophomores.
Olsen, Fauria, Austin Smith combined for 9 catches.
Passarello has not been seen in 2 years so far. Courtney was lightly recruited but redshirted as true frosh.

We know the QB, RB, and WR room pretty well.
I don't see Stacks or Drew Carter being factors.
Venn redshirted.
Ty Robinson did not RS, but hasn't done much at WR.
Grant Page and Sowell redshirted. Page had some offers.

Some thoughts/data on some young guys that might have a future here. Won't comment on true frosh from '22 who did not play.

Defensive Line

Aaron Austin - Smallish DL, played 83 defensive snaps in 7 games as a True Frosh. Good offer list, several P5s including Illini, Arizona, WSU, Nubs, KSU, Minn....
Visited SMU officially and committed early to CU. Did not redshirt, says perhaps more about the state of DL, but played over some other guys like Baugh.
Ryan WIlliams - CU was his only real offer, but played 147 defensive snaps after redshirting. Good size and might develop with good coaching.
Tyas Martin - played over 300 snaps as a RS Frosh in 2022.
Unknown: 8 snaps in year 3 for Baugh

Edge
Grant - played 122 snaps as a RS Frosh.
Magalei played less than 10 as same..
Bowser and Ludwick took their RS. All but Ludwick had decent offers.

ILB
Kerry and Aubrey Smith both burned their RS with Smith getting 70+ snaps and Kerry playing STs. Both had decent options as recruits.
Mister Williams played 116 snaps as a RS frosh.
Marvin Ham played 195 snaps as a SO.
Hurtado did nothing as a Juco transfer SO.

Safety
Simeon Harris - played 316 snaps as a True Frosh.
Tyrin Taylor played over 600 snaps as a true Soph.
Trevor Woods - played over 600 snaps as a true Soph.
Xavier Smith - lightly recruited, redshirted
Dylan Dixson - highly recruited, redshirted
Oakie Salave'a - lightly recruited, redshirted

Cornerback
Nikko Reed - starter as True Soph
Toren Pittman - Special teams stalwart as True Soph
Jason Oliver - played over 200 snaps as True Frosh, very solid Offer list (Utah, Oreg State, Cal...)
Josh Wiggins - had a few good offers, and was offered by Jackson State. Redshirted
Keyshon Mills - lightly recruited, redshirted.

Offensive Line (unable to know with the young guys)

Tight Ends - logjam here of Sophomores.
Olsen, Fauria, Austin Smith combined for 9 catches.
Passarello has not been seen in 2 years so far. Courtney was lightly recruited but redshirted as true frosh.

We know the QB, RB, and WR room pretty well.
I don't see Stacks or Drew Carter being factors.
Venn redshirted.
Ty Robinson did not RS, but hasn't done much at WR.
Grant Page and Sowell redshirted. Page had some offers.

This is a good write up and likely points to where some of the attrition will come from.

I am worried if Sanders goes down that the season turns ugly due to the experience in the QB room behind him.

I’m not sure what everyone is worried about. We have Drew Carter. lol
He might be the most athletic of all the QB's in the room, but I still think we are risking a tough season if we can't find someone to backup Sanders from the portal who is experienced and wants a CU education for a year while Carter and the Frosh learn the system.

He might be the most athletic of all the QB's in the room, but I still think we are risking a tough season if we can't find someone to backup Sanders from the portal who is experienced and wants a CU education for a year while Carter and the Frosh learn the system.
I don’t disagree, but right now it’s looking like Carter. Maybe he’ll surprise with some actual talent around him.

If a guy can't play, he's not depth. Why spend a scholarship just to be at a number? If 3 QBs go down, it's walk-on time.
Would also be no surprise if Prime finds one or two guys to walk on who are as good as some of the guys we have given scholarships to over the past 20 years.

Prime can show them the depth chart and sell them on the chance to be part of something special.

For a QB who is buried on a depth chart someplace else or who has been at FCS or even D2 and proven to be better than that level he can give them a chance to be part of a P5 team for a year or two and to compete to be on the depth chart.

Find a guy who can play but has been overlooked because he's 5'10" or busted up a knee a couple years back.

If a guy can't play, he's not depth. Why spend a scholarship just to be at a number? If 3 QBs go down, it's walk-on time.
Of course. The assumption is he can't play and is worse than both Freshman and Walk On's?

I have not seen him play or practice, but I think my point of having a depth chart of 4 or 5 Qbs is valid. With the portal this might become more difficult to manage as kids might come in and not want to wait their turn to rise up the depth chart like a Mac Jones did.

Anyone you bring in during the May portal window is already behind Staub. And likely much less talented if they're transferring in to be a #2.

Would also be no surprise if Prime finds one or two guys to walk on who are as good as some of the guys we have given scholarships to over the past 20 years.

Prime can show them the depth chart and sell them on the chance to be part of something special.

For a QB who is buried on a depth chart someplace else or who has been at FCS or even D2 and proven to be better than that level he can give them a chance to be part of a P5 team for a year or two and to compete to be on the depth chart.

Find a guy who can play but has been overlooked because he's 5'10" or busted up a knee a couple years back.
Tate Martell is still out there somewhere.

I thought the JSU guy who was Shedueur's backup was coming here as a PWO? He was a PWO at Ohio State and stuck there a few years.

I thought the JSU guy who was Shedueur's backup was coming here as a PWO? He was a PWO at Ohio State and stuck there a few years.
I haven't heard this but that could help. I am excited about the 2 Freshman QB's but have reservations that they are instantly better than someone who might have had more reps seeing college level play for the past few years.

Back